PDA

View Full Version : Limerick to Pike?

sadloserkid
11/02/2003, 10:05 AM
Apparently there's been a 25 year lease signed. Nice of the club to keep us informed of course... Anyway, any thoughts? My first is that the location isn't great. Secondly is 25 years going to be a long enough lease for the FAI to cough up? And thirdly regardless of how well Pike Field turns out it's pretty pathetic that the club don't appear to have any intention of consulting the fans on this issue or indeed even keeping us informed. Disappointing...

JohnD
13/02/2003, 11:21 AM
Glad to hear we are out of Jackman!!. But have to agree with you SLK that we were kept completley in the dark again. I hope 25 years is enough to get Floodlights and Seats installed !!

Roll on April !!

JohnD

LFC in Exile
17/02/2003, 9:02 AM
Well, I share the concerns about whether 25 years is long enough etc. Though it will be good to have some stability.

Two points:

1. The board gets criticised when they do nothing - then they do something and still get criticised.

2. How would they consult with the fans? This is obviously a tricky negotiation process. The fewer people that know about it the better. What do you want the club to do - put an ad in the paper. In fairness the committee are there to run the club, and should make decisions. Maybe another spur for a supporters club?

sadloserkid
17/02/2003, 9:18 AM
What do I want from the committee??? Hmmm, less broken promises for a start. Rough quote from The Fans Forum meeting last December "We want to work with the fans on deciding our new home and we will have a other meeting next month to discuss these issues" It's now mid-February which says a lot in my mind. There are three people making all the decisions for Limerick FC and that's not only patently ridiculous but also quite demeaning for a National League club. For the supporters of Limerick FC to be kept in the dark about where the club will be playing in April is a disgrace. Hopefully this upcoming meeting will resolve this matter. Hopefully...

LFC in Exile
17/02/2003, 9:31 AM
Understand completely where you're coming from but....

There is no structure in place (and I don't think there could be) where the committee could discuss this with the fans. Is there? How do they discuss this with the fans? From what I know of this (very limited) the LDMC were playing silly buggers. The Pike Field was on thetable. And Tom Clifford Park was on the table. When in business negotiations the last thing the club would want is every one knowing their business.

So lets say they were going to discuss it with "fans". What do they do? Do they call a public meeting? Then everyone knows what's going on and their bargaining position suffers. Do they have a quiet word with a few fans e.g. SLK, Gael, me, Lims Fan, Mrs Fyffe? Is that not being undemocratic as well?

I think in the current situation where the club needs a new ground. Time is of the essence. Make a decision.

By the way - did you get my email?

sadloserkid
17/02/2003, 9:45 AM
Got it this morning. Very impressed with it too, fair play! Will keep you informed anyway but we're set for a weekend evening anyway.

And I take your point about not picking and choosing who they tell but if they'd followed up on their promise to organise a second general meeting then there wouldn't have been a problem. And I've had a look at both Pike and Tom Clifford field in the last week or so and while in their present state they're really no better than Jackman there's scope for development with both and it would be nice to have benign landlords for a change. Young Munster have a better location but Pike have underage structures that we may be able to access (though Fairview claim they don't) and it may benefit the pitch more to have two soccer teams on it rather than a rugby team and a soccer team.