PDA

View Full Version : What are you gonna do with the programme money

lefty
11/02/2003, 9:43 AM
What plans do you have for the money made from next seasons programme? Are you going to organise buses to the away matches outside of Dublin?

Schumi
11/02/2003, 11:59 AM
That would be one of our plans certainly. We haven't really sorted out much about it yet but it would be nice to have a bus to get us home from the likes of Drogheda or Derry without any hassle.

lefty
11/02/2003, 12:41 PM
Dont forget Waterford. It would be nice to get down there for a match. And since they play there football on a Thursday it would be hard to stay over what with work the next day. So the bus sounds great

@ndy
11/02/2003, 3:24 PM
It' a pity we don't have enough fans to fill a bus :P

I stick to my original suggestion...lets just buy a car :)

dcfc89
11/02/2003, 3:35 PM
Do what we do (Belfast DCFC Supporters Club) - we hire a self-drive transit van, and stick a mattress in the back (or sometimes even a sofa)?!

Its much cheaper than a bus, and theres never any worries about spilling beer over the upholstery!! lol

Originally posted by @ndy
It' a pity we don't have enough fans to fill a bus :P

I stick to my original suggestion...lets just buy a car :)

@ndy
11/02/2003, 3:47 PM
Thats a great idea.

By the way lefty...the cheek of you...want us to slave over the programme for a season so we can drive you down to waterford :P. Who are ya anyway btw...i assume i know you? Or do i have to guess? :)

UCD_4_Life
11/02/2003, 7:08 PM
I'd go on a bus to away trips.

As long as you lot don't get too rowdy.;)

lefty
12/02/2003, 10:32 AM
Oh there are plenty of rowdy fans as @ndy and the rest well know. Yeh you know me @ndy me being one of the rowdy fans

Schumi
12/02/2003, 5:12 PM
Originally posted by dcfc89
Do what we do (Belfast DCFC Supporters Club) - we hire a self-drive transit van, and stick a mattress in the back (or sometimes even a sofa)?! Yeah but whoever draws the short straw and drives it can't drink :eek: :eek:

pineapple stu
12/02/2003, 9:59 PM
Yeah but whoever draws the short straw and drives it can't drink

Kind of a moot point really seeing as none of us can drive anyway!

And as for @ndy asking who lefty is - what about that brilliant 10-yarder to give UCD the lead against Longford in the FAI $HITE league match?!

lefty
13/02/2003, 9:44 AM
Thanks Pineapple Stu I dont think my goal was brilliant but thanks anyway. Sure wasnt it your goalkeeping that kept us in the game. When is there going to be another one of those FAI Shi*te matches?

@ndy
13/02/2003, 11:31 AM
Ah, thats where i got confused. I was sure it was a right footer. I guessed as much...but (and apologies) i still have no idea whether it's declan or john!

Schumi
13/02/2003, 1:10 PM
Originally posted by pineapple stu
Kind of a moot point really seeing as none of us can drive anyway! Correction, none of us can drive legally;)

pineapple stu
13/02/2003, 1:28 PM
Craddock can drive now though - what are the odds he'll stay sober just so we can all sit in the back of a van and get pis$ed?!

And @ndy - lefty is John. Which doesn't really narrow it down among UCD fans! Maybe we should start giving them all code numbers... :)

Schumi
13/02/2003, 1:36 PM
Originally posted by pineapple stu
Craddock can drive now though - what are the odds he'll stay sober just so we can all sit in the back of a van and get pis$ed?!
If there are games on during Lent, we'd be OK!

Hmm, when is Easter this year?

pineapple stu
13/02/2003, 1:50 PM
Can we start our own religion with Easter on Fridays? :D

Aberdonian Stu
13/02/2003, 5:33 PM
Would even trust him then? I've been in a car while John was driving:eek:

CollegeTillIDie
16/02/2003, 3:34 PM
FYI

Easter Sunday is April 20th which will be the second week of the new season and given the number of midweek matches due to be played that should be game 5 of the season