PDA

View Full Version : Galway v Waterford

Tir Oilean
11/05/2007, 9:52 AM
I predict a narrow United victory. one nil. Murphs is only 50/50 to start tonight but will probably play some role, hopefully thats coming off the bench to score the winner. A victory here will set us up nicely for the UCD match in Terryland. 2 wins on the trot would give us a push to start climbing the table.

eamo1
11/05/2007, 1:19 PM
maybe 2-1.we have only kept 1 clean sheet so far this season,id like to see us keep 1 or 2 more in the next few weeks but i suppose as long as we get the wins it doesnt matter.
i will have gbfm on in work this evening,cant wait for bernie's legendary commentary.:)

MyTown
11/05/2007, 1:27 PM
We need a point a game, a win tonight would deliver that. But a draw is a more likely outcome IMO.

Hated Johhny Matthews, Vinny McCarthy and Alfie Hale sticking it to us when Waterford were a good side.

But Peter Thomas and Brian Gardner were brilliant signings from Waterford, even if they both had fairly short stints with us.

exiled_gufc_fan
11/05/2007, 7:13 PM
No score so far ... tuned into GBFM here at work for another little while at least

exiled_gufc_fan
11/05/2007, 7:31 PM
Half time - still scoreless.

Off to get my train home :)

corbyeire
12/05/2007, 10:19 AM
huge result for waterford - the struggle back in perspective again!

Ceirtlis
12/05/2007, 2:21 PM
Very disappointing to get nothing from the game last night. We had control in the first half hour but seemed to fade away and the second half was a bit of a nightmare. The midfield is very slow to get up in support of the strikers and i thought some of our play was completely aimless. Throwing Wes Charles up front smacked of complete desperation especially seen as there was about 15 minutes to go and we didnt look like scoring from then on in. We had plenty of chances and id imagine Barry Moran will be fairly disappointed not to have scored.

Tir Oilean
14/05/2007, 9:19 AM
Where to from here? According to the txts I received from several people at the game we were absolutely atrocious against a poor side. If were intending to spend in July it would want to be top class players not ex Junior players. Its looking like a battle with Bray Longford Waterford and ourselves already. I think that we are a better side tha these but we are far from showing it this season. Im just glad I didnt get to see it and something tells me I wont be missing much next Friday when I miss the game against UCD.