PDA

View Full Version : A good workout

EddieL
18/07/2001, 11:47 PM
I know it was only a friendlie,but tonight's 2-1 win over Northampton Town was a good workout for the lads.I was particularly pleased we fought back so well after losing Kieran Foley and given away that dreadful OG,we lost our shape for a while there but we came back at them and scored twice in the closing minutes for a deserved win.KF was very good as defender and captain,although he was a little wild with a couple of his clearances,Looks like forming a good partnership with the other Foley,Colm but I'm not so sure about Darragh at LFB but will reserve judgement for a little while.It was good to see Paul Donnelly back,he seemed to have no problems running and turning tonight,please God his injury nightmare is behind him now and he can enjoy the rest of his football career (with Pats,of course!) Seamus Kelly seemed a little bit more confidence on the crosses and I hope he continues to improve on this aspect of his game as he almost gave me a heart attack on a few occasions last season.Finally,I think Holty is worth a run up front,put him with Liam Kelly and Ger McCarthy & Gavin Doyle on the wings.Roll on Crewe Alex next Tuesday!!!!

Leixlip Saint
19/07/2001, 2:05 PM
What happenned Foley?
Missed the game last night, what way was it played. All 11 subs used or was it a settled team?

EddieL
19/07/2001, 4:08 PM
He suffered what appeared to be a cut on his head after an aerial challenge,and Dolo put out a mixed team of some familiar faces &new players.Then he made wholesale subsitutions over the last 20 minutes or so,I don't think he's settled on his team yet...I reckon we'll have a clearer idea near to week-ending August 12th. BTW,it appears I was wrong to say Northampton's goal was an OG,as it was credited to one of their players in today's Star.Perhaps that sun distracted me but I was sure we'd gifted them the goal.