PDA

View Full Version : u-21s

bert
08/02/2003, 1:12 AM
Started off really badly when due to "technical problems" the anthem couldn't be played.

Went from bad to worse when Bohs dominated from the kick off. City defended well for the most part despite being on the back foot. Conceded a poor goal and were suddenly sparked into life.

In the end a 2 -1 victory was deserved IMO, however if Jamie had not scored that winning goal would he have been man of the match? He has a long way to go before he makes it at senior level.

patsh
08/02/2003, 10:13 AM
Personally, I would have given the M-o-t-m to John Andrews.
Bohs had the upper hand for the first 10 minutes, and a few mins in the second half, but City were well on top for 90% of the game.

After the eL league and the FAI cup, this is the next most important title, so fair play to all the lads and coaching staff.

Dodge
08/02/2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by oddboy
After the eL league and the FAI cup, this is the next most important title, so fair play to all the lads and coaching staff.

Congrats and all but what's lower?

patsh
08/02/2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Dodge
Congrats and all but what's lower?
The point is that it's the third most important trophy available to be won.
Are you trying to say that as there is not a 4th most important trophy that this is no big deal?
Whats your point, that the FAI cup would be no big deal if there wasn't a trophy of lesser importance?

I have to say that the question "what's lower" is pretty stupid.:rolleyes:

I could say that winning f*ckall and just avoiding relegation is lower, or some other smartarse reply, but this is an achievement and a trophy Pats or any other club would have been delighted to win.

Dodge
08/02/2003, 11:44 AM
Relax, it is a good trophy to win and fair play to you.

I was just slagging you for saying "this is the 3rd biggest trophy" it just sounded rubbish when put like that...

A face
08/02/2003, 11:45 AM
Fairplay to the lads

The "whats lower" question seem to be making light of it but still it is a good achievement and if any other club won it we would all be informed of its importance.

When do we get to see it anyway. ??

niamh
08/02/2003, 3:05 PM
It boads well for the future. And the cup is class.
Bigger than eL cup I reckon :D
We got the biggest cup in the league...