PDA

View Full Version : Stan says NO to only championship players with 10+ goals

Pages : [1] 2

Soper
09/05/2007, 6:11 PM
The 3 of them are past it internationally, having seen them all play this season.

republicofwhite
09/05/2007, 6:20 PM
Also ignored Stephen Ward,a scorer of a few goals when fit and winner of the Championship player of the month for February, being realistic he has made the step up look easy and has made serious progress in such a short space of time after the move from Bohs.

SÓC
09/05/2007, 6:30 PM
Also ignored Stephen Ward,a scorer of a few goals when fit and winner of the Championship player of the month for February, being realistic he has made the step up look easy and has made serious progress in such a short space of time after the move from Bohs.

Funny how Ward, Long and Doyle all made "serious progress" in such a short space of time isnt it?

republicofwhite
09/05/2007, 6:37 PM
Yeah it is actually. Probably from working with top managers like Mick McCarthy and Steve Coppell. ;)

FootballsKing
09/05/2007, 7:00 PM
yeah Jason Byrnes been a revelation aswell

Soper
09/05/2007, 7:08 PM
yeah Jason Byrnes been a revelation aswell

Jason Byrne has done all that he could have - scoring a winner on his debut. Since then he hasn't been given a chance because of the Scouse gombeen Dave Jones.

FootballsKing
09/05/2007, 7:16 PM
anyway i doubt Jason Byrne isnt getting a chance without good reason, hes obviously not up to the task in training etc

Soper
09/05/2007, 7:18 PM
With all due respect, I'm the one that watches Cardiff City every second week. Byrne is much better than the muck that has been getting in ahead of him.

pete
09/05/2007, 8:50 PM
Stan picks his team by looking at the top of their Premiership table & working his way down the English league pyramid. I believe this means when Roy Keane buys in replacements for Connolly & others they won't be in the squad either.

theworm2345
09/05/2007, 9:21 PM
Stan picks his team by looking at the top of their Premiership table & working his way down the English league pyramid. I believe this means when Roy Keane buys in replacements for Connolly & others they won't be in the squad either.
I firmly believe Keane will keep Connolly next year. Also, Stokes and Elliott's goals combined and multiplied by 2 would not equal Lee's, would be one more than Connolly's and 2 more than Morrisons. If you do Long and Stokes and multiply by 2 it would equal Morrison and be less than Connolly and Lee. Basically if you are over 24 you are out I guess :confused: :rolleyes: :( We could've used any of the above against Cyprus or San Marino and probably against any team, as we have seen Morrison and Connolly be competitive in the higher levels (Connolly was not bad when he actually go on the pitch in the EPL and Morrison was no slouch either) while Lee has never had the chance.

ruben_sosa
09/05/2007, 9:51 PM
Alan Lee
Clintion Morrison
David Connoly.

What possible reason is there to exclude them on a depleted squad that contains lesser strikers at the same level such as Keogh, Murphy or Stokes and wasters like Folan?

Keogh and Stokes need international experience, that's the whole point of playing these games, not to reward a couple of championship journeymen because they scored a hatful of goals. Lets give the young lads a chance to show us what they can do in a green shirt. Keane, Duff, Given all needed to be given a chance at one time.

SÓC
09/05/2007, 11:52 PM
With all due respect, I'm the one that watches Cardiff City every second week. Byrne is much better than the muck that has been getting in ahead of him.

Think it says it all about Jones that he'd rather play Johnson upfront than give Byrne a chance

RogerMilla
10/05/2007, 7:44 AM
morrisson will be back lads , he is far from finished at international level, he has scored good goals for us , away from home when other players were found wanting, i find it difficult to believe that when he is fit , getting a run int he palace team and scoring that there won't be a squad place for him.

Stuttgart88
10/05/2007, 7:44 AM
My gripes with the squad are in midfield, not in attack.

If he feels Folan is worth a look so be it - what better opportunity? If he's a dud, then hopefully this trip will show it.

Including Long, Elliott, Murphy, Stokes & Keogh are all good decisions. We have a wealth of emerging talent in this area and these are the ones who would benefit most from a trip like this.

Not everyone can be picked. Connolly has been on very good form but he's too similar to Keane and not as good an all round player, though probably a bit more predatory.

If there was a qualifier coming up it'd be a tougher call. Morrison in particular, then Connolly and less so Lee would be less risky options if Keane or Doyle were injured. Lee has nuisance value but is far too slow for international football. Good luck to him, he has settled at a decent level of the game but the others have more to offer us.

This is the best range of attacking options we've had in a long time, don't moan about it.

drummerboy
10/05/2007, 8:20 AM
For once, I agree with Stan. He is bring a lot of young strikers over to the US to give them experience. Fair enough. Keogh really excites me. He is constantly on the go and scores spectacular goals. What really confuses me is why is he bringing Nicky Colgan. He is a **** poor keeper and over 30. Whereas Doyle and Henderson are young and improving. It would have been a lot better if he had included Supple in the squad, just for the experience.

zinedineontour
10/05/2007, 8:24 AM
The 3 of them are past it internationally, having seen them all play this season.

David connolly has been excellent this season and has been really unlucky not to be in the squads. I can see why he wants to try younger lads for this trip but Connolly should have been included for the Wales and Czech games as he is full of confidence. 8 Strikers on the trip is a bit bizarre though. Will they all get one half each ?

zinedineontour
10/05/2007, 8:26 AM
morrisson will be back lads , he is far from finished at international level, he has scored good goals for us , away from home when other players were found wanting, i find it difficult to believe that when he is fit , getting a run int he palace team and scoring that there won't be a squad place for him.

I think with the way Staunton thinks there would be more chance of your namesake playing for Ireland again than Clinton. For some reason only known to Stan he is not picking the likes of Clinton and Connolly. He can keep blabbing out about planning for the future but the people that are paying good money to see us play want results now and our players on form to be playing.

Dr. Ogba
10/05/2007, 8:29 AM
If we're looking at a "big man" option, I'd have Murphy in there ahead of Lee any day...Looks to be a lot more skillful and more importantly has the potential to be a top player...

As for Connolly and Morrisson, well they've always tried hard for us but its time for some new blood up front....

Now if he could just sort out that midfield......:mad:

RogerMilla
10/05/2007, 8:44 AM
I think with the way Staunton thinks there would be more chance of your namesake playing for Ireland again than Clinton. For some reason only known to Stan he is not picking the likes of Clinton and Connolly. He can keep blabbing out about planning for the future but the people that are paying good money to see us play want results now and our players on form to be playing.

well maybe it would take a change of manager... but i dotn see him being excluded permanently , unless the new lads really start punching the lights out and scoring for fun , in which case no one will grumble!

Stuttgart88
10/05/2007, 8:44 AM
He can keep blabbing out about planning for the future but the people that are paying good money to see us play want results now and our players on form to be playing.
It's and end of season tour aganst Bolivia and Ecuador, not away to Czech Republic!

Any, if you're to cite form then only Connolly's case has real merit.

Morrison has been in and out of Palace's team (his goal vs Derby was really good I admit!) and quite a few of Lee's goals have been penalties, and one hat trick against a totally hapless Luton. I like Lee, he's hard working and honest but really isn't in contention.

Stokes would have been top scorer in SPL if he'd stayed, and for Falkirk, not the big 2. He's also suffered from rotation and being played out of position, like Elliott. Murphy & Keogh have been on great form recently and really deserve their places.

FootballsKing
10/05/2007, 9:01 AM
People seem to forget that Stokes has scored 18 goals season, not the 2 that some are suggesting. Play him striker and he will get you goals and im convinced we will see that next season in the premiership

youngirish
10/05/2007, 9:07 AM
People seem to forget that Stokes has scored 18 goals season, not the 2 that some are suggesting. Play him striker and he will get you goals and im convinced we will see that next season in the premiership

I'm not too sure. The SPL is a different kettle of fish than even the Championship, nevermind the Premiership.

OwlsFan
10/05/2007, 9:30 AM
David connolly has been excellent this season and has been really unlucky not to be in the squads. I can see why he wants to try younger lads for this trip but Connolly should have been included for the Wales and Czech games as he is full of confidence. 8 Strikers on the trip is a bit bizarre though. Will they all get one half each ?

Connolly was "full of confidence" before when he played for us and was very average. Stan said he knows what he can do (really means knows what he can't do) so whom should he have left behind to accommodate Connolly? He obviously doesn't feature in his plans and I'd be inclined to agree with him on that one. He can look at the other guys in training even if they're only going to get a half each in the games.

What Colgan is doing going, however, I have no idea.

Paulie
10/05/2007, 9:37 AM
David Connolly has had a very good season. He nearly always has a good season when playing at championship level as that is his standard. He has consistently struggled when moved up to a higher level. On this basis I don't have a problem with him being omitted from the squad. Staunton knows what he can and can't do and on this basis he does not see him as being a part of his plans.

I feel a bit of sympathy for Morrisson as while he's no World beater he's done a decent enough job when called upon and has scored crucial goals for us against the likes of Israel and Switzerland. For a man of his size he puts himself about and holds up the ball pretty well so I'd probably have him in the squad.

Alan Lee hasn't been given a proper chance yet but he should definitely be in this squad, probably instead of Folan. He's had a very good season and looks, size wise, to be the kind of centre forward that Staunton likes to have around as an option.

Stuttgart88
10/05/2007, 9:38 AM
What Colgan is doing going, however, I have no idea.It's quite remarkable alright.

The only thing I can think of is that he wants an older head among the goalie squad, but that's stretching it. Alan Kelly can be the senior "character" for these lads. Supple, Murphy or Randolph should be there in my opinion.

Regarding Glenn Whelan, the only thing I can think of is that Stan reads foot.ie. I reckon OwlsFan probably turned him off him. He probably has a note in his files "good Championship player but not international quality".

Stuttgart88
10/05/2007, 9:49 AM
Alan Lee hasn't been given a proper chance yet but he should definitely be in this squad, probably instead of Folan. He's had a very good season and looks, size wise, to be the kind of centre forward that Staunton likes to have around as an option.Daryl Murphy has the size but also has more mobility and more skill. Lee has nuisance vale for sure, but Stan's earlier description of Folan seems to imply that that's exactly why he is selected - this time.

The Irish squad used to be a formaility, especially upfront. We've options in abundance now, most still much work-in-progress, so just because some players are playing well in the middle ranks of the Championship by no means entitles them to a squad place.

galwayhoop
10/05/2007, 9:53 AM
I'm not too sure. The SPL is a different kettle of fish than even the Championship, nevermind the Premiership.

i think you have to merit the goals he scored in the SPL as at least as high as goals scored in the championship. look at henri camara, he couldn't buy a goal in scotland but scored freely for both southampton and wigan when he came back to england.

the standard of the championship is over inflated in a big way. fair enough there may be 5 or 6 good sides but as i've said before there is a fair amount of useless teams also. teams like hull, barnsley and southend are inferior to most spl sides. the better eL sides are on a par with the lower half of the championship.

youngirish
10/05/2007, 10:06 AM
If O'Donovan is as good as the EL heads claim then he should be in the squad even if this means missing a game or two for Cork. It would improve his marketability no end if he did well as it appears that a transfer to an English side is imminent in the summer anyway. Any extra money generated from the transfer would benefit Cork no end.

Still can't figure out what he was thinking bringing Alan O'Brien and Caleb Folan. It really looks to me that Staunton has a very blinkered outlook on players and will happily pick Premiership dross over Championship class. Presumably he does only watch MOTD.

Nicky Colgan's inclusion amazes me also, possibly one of the poorest keepers in the Championship.

cavan_fan
10/05/2007, 10:22 AM
If O'Donovan is as good as the EL heads claim then he should be in the squad even if this means missing a game or two for Cork. It would improve his marketability no end if he did well as it appears that a transfer to an English side is imminent in the summer anyway. Any extra money generated from the transfer would benefit Cork no end.

Still can't figure out what he was thinking bringing Alan O'Brien and Caleb Folan. It really looks to me that Staunton has a very blinkered outlook on players and will happily pick Premiership dross over Championship class. Presumably he does only watch MOTD.

Nicky Colgan's inclusion amazes me also, possibly one of the poorest keepers in the Championship.

Can't have seen much of O'Brien on MOTD.

I think both of these are being looked as as Stan thinks they offer something different - O'rien has pace and Folan height. Both of these are useful attributes in International football.

Stan would be damned if he did pick EL players and damned if he didnt. But it's a good example of his poor media skills that he didnt say - 'I'm not picking any domestic players because they are in teh middle of a season."

Stuttgart88
10/05/2007, 10:37 AM
But it's a good example of his poor media skills that he didnt say - 'I'm not picking any domestic players because they are in teh middle of a season."I was thinking the same in that any of the more contoversial additions / ommissions should have been explained. Then I thought about it further and I'd actually place the blame on the media for not actually asking these questions. Can you imagine a politician not having his policy scrutinised at a Press Conference?

But we all know the Irish media - print and TV - is totally focused on English footall and the only Irish angle they see worthy of comment is Keane at Sunderland. The only copy given to Stan's selection this week was "Stan only gets texts from Keane". So fcuking what?

In my opinion it defied belief that Best (2), Walters (2), Murphy (2), Stokes, Connolly, Keogh, Tabb & Rowlands all scoring in the Championship in one afternoon didn't warrant a mention in an Irish paper on Monday.

If ever there was an opportunity to report the signs of emerging Irish talent this was it. That's why you have people like Frank Stapleton perpetually moaning that there's nothing coming through.

Over the post
10/05/2007, 10:56 AM
O'rien has pace and Folan height. Both of these are useful attributes in International football.

I've got both but Stan doesn't seem to think I'd be an asset to the squad; I think footballing ability comes into it somewhere :D

Paddy Garcia
10/05/2007, 10:57 AM
It was stupid of Stan to even mention the texting issue. Why introduce it to the media at all - unlikely to produce anything positive!

galwayhoop
10/05/2007, 11:14 AM
It was stupid of Stan to even mention the texting issue. Why introduce it to the media at all - unlikely to produce anything positive!

as it was stupid of keane to talk of the irish squad selection publicly last time around.

if keane doesn't take his calls then why shouldn't he mention it. was he was asked if he had sopken to keane? and if so why cover up after having made the effort to do so? perhaps stan was just showing us that indeed he had made an effort to talk to him even after the public critism last time around. and showing us the rebuttal he got in return. thats what i see as the gain in saying it. the positive being a show of maturity on his behalf.

perhaps this view of keane being the messiah held by many in this country needs to be tarnished a little. ffs if keane says that it is good to sh1t in a blazing fire there are any many muppets in this country who will do just that!

Paddy Garcia
10/05/2007, 11:26 AM
as it was stupid of keane to talk of the irish squad selection publicly last time around.

More unhelpful than stupid I'd suggest. Managers often make such comments about their players. It seems to be a motivational tool & is used very regularly. Not really a great risk for Keane with the benefits outweighing the drawbacks.

The greater risk for Stan is any suggestion that he is not getting along with managers (Irish or otherwise) who have Irish players. International managers would have a strong vested interest in resolving this type of thing behind closed doors & playing it down.

eirebhoy
10/05/2007, 11:35 AM
I've said it 100 times to you but the few players that scored like Stokes did in the SPL are well proven strikers. You're more stubborn than me. :D

Plus he's still the 3rd highest scorer in the league with only 16 games played.

Stuttgart88
10/05/2007, 11:45 AM
If an 18 year old scored 14 goals in half a season for a struggling side in the eL it'd be remarkable. Even in eL Division 1 it'd be quite an achievement.
So belittling the achievement because it was the SPL is facile.

Stokes deserves his place, no question in my mind.

galwayhoop
10/05/2007, 11:46 AM
The greater risk for Stan is any suggestion that he is not getting along with managers (Irish or otherwise) who have Irish players. International managers would have a strong vested interest in resolving this type of thing behind closed doors & playing it down.

yes but if stan is asked if he has spoken to R.Keane recently what does he do.
lie - "yes we spoke recently" - this will surely backfire when keane is asked and he says i haven't spoken to him for ages
truth - "i have tried to ring him on numerous times but he just texts back and i got sick of that"

what does stan have to resolve behind closed doors or otherwise?? he has apparantely tried to contact a club manager - who won't speak to him - so he says he deals with others at the club! he doesn't seem that bothered, either does keane so what is the big rig-marole?

youngirish
10/05/2007, 11:58 AM
If an 18 year old scored 14 goals in half a season for a struggling side in the eL it'd be remarkable. Even in eL Division 1 it'd be quite an achievement.
So belittling the achievement because it was the SPL is facile.

Stokes deserves his place, no question in my mind.

I'm not questioning it. I also think he deserves his place but scoring in the SPL counts for very little IMO. He's playing the majority of the games against substandard opposition well inferior to what Ireland generally face. It doesn't give any indication whatsoever whether he can do it at a higher level or not. I think his Championship form is more of an indicator and in that respect he has been found sadly lacking so far.

As for the SPL being better than the Championship that unfortunately just isn't true as I've said many times before. The majority of the SPL teams would be relegated from the Championship. Just compare some of the players the crap teams in the Championship have compared to even some of the apparently decent teams in the SPL. Current and ex internationals and up and coming young talent from all nationalities (much of it on loan from the Premiership) while the SPL teams (minus the old Firm) have generally poor Scottish, Irish and Latvian (Lithuanian?) players. All powers of world football I know. Richie Foran, legend at Southend. Look at the gates and money most Championship teams have compared to the SPL teams.

The jury is still out on Stokes, for me Long looks the better player at present. Leon Best and Keogh have also been far more impressive in the last couple of months in the same League.

Stokes as with McGeady before him (and Barrett, Partridge, Kennedy etc) is all hype and no substance at present though I do think Stokes can improve and become a good player for Ireland as he has time on his side. McGeady for me is going backwards and needs a big year next season.

OneRedArmy
10/05/2007, 12:06 PM
This is hardly worth discussing.

For once, Stan appears to have done something right. He's picked players with genuine potential to give them a run and see if they can make the step up. They may not be the finished article but they have been progressing fast and have more to give.

Connolly and Morrison are mature players, have probably peaked in their abilities and have shown that they can't make it at either the top club level or at international level. They have both been given enough opportunities and plainly aren't good enough.

Seriously, do some of you have very short memories?

eirebhoy
10/05/2007, 12:12 PM
I'm not questioning it. I also think he deserves his place but scoring in the SPL counts for very little IMO. He's playing the majority of the games against substandard opposition well inferior to what Ireland generally face. It doesn't give any indication whatsoever whether he can do it at a higher level or not.
Why not? It's as easy for me to spot a good player in the SPL as it is in any other league.

The jury's not out on Stokes for me. Seriously. I think he's a guaranteed success from what I saw of him at Falkirk. Well, as long as he avoids serious injury and keeps out of trouble.

Wolfie
10/05/2007, 12:42 PM
My gripes with the squad are in midfield, not in attack.
If he feels Folan is worth a look so be it - what better opportunity? If he's a dud, then hopefully this trip will show it.

Including Long, Elliott, Murphy, Stokes & Keogh are all good decisions. We have a wealth of emerging talent in this area and these are the ones who would benefit most from a trip like this.

Not everyone can be picked. Connolly has been on very good form but he's too similar to Keane and not as good an all round player, though probably a bit more predatory.

If there was a qualifier coming up it'd be a tougher call. Morrison in particular, then Connolly and less so Lee would be less risky options if Keane or Doyle were injured. Lee has nuisance value but is far too slow for international football. Good luck to him, he has settled at a decent level of the game but the others have more to offer us.

This is the best range of attacking options we've had in a long time, don't moan about it.

I agree that the dearth of midfield options are the real cause for concern.

We've got some real viable options in attack and the emergence of the Dunne / McShane partnership should hopefully go from strength to strength in the future.

We really need a young, centre midfielder to emerge to bolster our midfield options.

youngirish
10/05/2007, 1:02 PM
We really need a young, centre midfielder to emerge to bolster our midfield options.
On that note Sammy Lee yesterday made a statement that Joey O'Brien was making good progress from his injury and there is light at the end of the tunnel. Good news for Ireland if he can get himself fit again though it's a long way back from such a bad injury.

lofty9
10/05/2007, 1:07 PM
Think it says it all about Jones that he'd rather play Johnson upfront than give Byrne a chance

Byrne has ligament damage, he's been out for the last 4/5 weeks with it. Jones wants him to stay and have a full pre-season under his belt to prove his worth amidst the oncoming clear out at Ninian Park.

galwayhoop
10/05/2007, 2:15 PM

how young?.... jamie mcCarthy young or steven ireland young... older?... how about a fit steven reid and a fit joey o'brien... or a fit and on form andy reid....

what kind of central midfielder? attacking or holding? (please read above list for viable solutions!)

theworm2345
10/05/2007, 8:54 PM
He has consistently struggled when moved up to a higher level.
This is my favorite point everyone makes, "He has never made it in the EPL." He's never had the chance. He's started 4 matches in the EPL and scored in 1. He was hurt half of last season with Wigan and when he did play he played well.

danonion
11/05/2007, 3:12 AM
This is hardly worth discussing.

For once, Stan appears to have done something right. He's picked players with genuine potential to give them a run and see if they can make the step up. They may not be the finished article but they have been progressing fast and have more to give.

Connolly and Morrison are mature players, have probably peaked in their abilities and have shown that they can't make it at either the top club level or at international level. They have both been given enough opportunities and plainly aren't good enough.

Seriously, do some of you have very short memories?

Good point on Stan doing the right thing by bringing young players to the US, but bad point on Morrison. Putting Morrison in the same boat as Connollyis stupid - Morrison has proved he is good enough by scoring big goals away from home. We really need that. He also is dedicated, what other players spectated at the B game? Connolly is volatile and would moan about the bench, but Morrison won't and should make future squads. He will be 31 in 2010. Do we want a 23 man panel of 23 year olds?

theworm2345
11/05/2007, 4:47 AM
Good point on Stan doing the right thing by bringing young players to the US, but bad point on Morrison. Putting Morrison in the same boat as Connollyis stupid - Morrison has proved he is good enough by scoring big goals away from home. We really need that. He also is dedicated, what other players spectated at the B game? Connolly is volatile and would moan about the bench, but Morrison won't and should make future squads. He will be 31 in 2010. Do we want a 23 man panel of 23 year olds?
My 2nd favorite response about Connolly, "he is volatile and would moan"...he was on the bench most of the time in the EPL last season (when he was fit) and I didn't hear him ask for a transfer or more playing time. People think back to the Don Givens incident and see only Givens' side. They still haven't forgiven Connolly for something that happened nearly a decade ago (red card in Brussells) so they want to side with Givens. Hes not a teenager anymore, and he was the 4th best Irish striker this year (behind Keane, Doyle, and Lee...you could count Stokes for the 16 goals in the SPL, but hattricks against teams who are either relegated or at the bottom of the table don't really impress me all that much). If he had the same stats he had this year but a different name he would have been in the squad by the first San Marino game.

Wolfie
11/05/2007, 8:30 AM
how young?.... jamie mcCarthy young or steven ireland young... older?... how about a fit steven reid and a fit joey o'brien... or a fit and on form andy reid....

what kind of central midfielder? attacking or holding? (please read above list for viable solutions!)

Well I suppose some of the above could be considered viable options.

Certainly both Reid's will be a much needed addition. Not sure if they could work as a pair in the midfield but might be worth trying against the Danes (if fit). Is it too late for Kavanagh?

What's really missing is a player with a real presence in the middle who can control the tempo of the game, is industrious and can pick a pass. There's not many of them around and I suppose wishful thinking on my part that a player will emerge.

Dr. Ogba
11/05/2007, 8:40 AM
My 2nd favorite response about Connolly, "he is volatile and would moan"...he was on the bench most of the time in the EPL last season (when he was fit) and I didn't hear him ask for a transfer or more playing time. People think back to the Don Givens incident and see only Givens' side. They still haven't forgiven Connolly for something that happened nearly a decade ago (red card in Brussells) so they want to side with Givens. Hes not a teenager anymore, and he was the 4th best Irish striker this year (behind Keane, Doyle, and Lee...you could count Stokes for the 16 goals in the SPL, but hattricks against teams who are either relegated or at the bottom of the table don't really impress me all that much). If he had the same stats he had this year but a different name he would have been in the squad by the first San Marino game.

Look I know you want to defend your dad (he must be your da isn't he??) and all but I think its time to face facts...He is not good enough for the highest level, why else would a team as poor as Wigan let him go? Let's face it, they're not exactly flush with strikers now are they??

youngirish
11/05/2007, 9:01 AM
Cmon theworm. Connolly has had numerous chances for Ireland and been found lacking constantly except possibly in a few games against p*ss poor opposition or the Turkey friendly (that game was important). If we didn't need him in the dark days of Gary Doherty upfront we certainly don't need him now.

He's a poor International player and I've seen nothing this season to convince me otherwise. That's all I care about. He doesn't have the speed, strength, skill or finishing ability for International level. At Championship level he's decent if not amazing. Begone David Connolly and may God have mercy on your soul.

Now maybe O'Shea and Kilbane can follow. Stan at least has made some decent decisions shifting some of the dead wood.