PDA

View Full Version : Vote Michael D!

MyTown
09/05/2007, 2:41 PM
Did you notice the number of Election Cars in Terryland the last night? They will proabably be outside every EL ground on match nights up to May 24th.

The club wrote to EVERY public representative (TD, County Councillor, City Councillor, Senator) asking them to support our season ticket initiative.

AFAIK Michel D was the only one to part with his hard earned... so I know how I'll treat the rest of them on election day.

Michael D Higgins has supported the club through the very lean years and the less than very lean years. He is Club President. He arrives faithfully at the turnstile and prodcues his season ticket for every home game. In other words he is a true supporter of the club. No airs and graces. No red carpet treatment and no flash cars and limitless expenditure to get himself re-elected.

I hope all true supporters of the club will support him on May 24th. No matter how apathetic you might feel about the whole process, I urge you to remember a man who has lobbied long and hard on our behalf. Use your vote. Vote Michael D!

Claret Murph
09/05/2007, 3:39 PM
I take it you are a paid up member of the labour party Mytown ??????
But you are right about Micheal D top man just sits in front of me at terryland at most home games .

Tir Oilean
09/05/2007, 3:42 PM
what next? Vote Green because Nial O'Brolchan goes up to alot of games? I saw P Conneely there on Fri lookin for FG votes for McCormack and I dont think he normally goes. M Cox had a car outside her brother is one of the Red Cross Crew. Politics and sport should not mix but there you go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

manofthemoment
09/05/2007, 3:58 PM
It sickened me as well to see all the politically postered cars near the ground on Friday night. Michaeldee was at the games even when the crowds were only a couple of hundred and there were no brownie points to be gained. I'm not a supporter of any party but i will be voting for Michaeldee. The rest of them just sicken me

MyTown
09/05/2007, 4:02 PM
what next?Politics and sport should not mix but there you go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone who has spent longer than 5 minutes around the running of a football club will tell you that there is a huge political component in it

I take it you are a paid up member of the labour party Mytown ??????

I am NOT a member of the Labour Party - paid up or otherwise. I just believe in supporting those who support us. That's why I would do my best to support businesses that take ads out in programmes, support the season ticket voucher scheme, sponsor matches etc. etc.

Tir Oilean
09/05/2007, 4:06 PM
[QUOTE=MyTown;682288]Anyone who has spent longer than 5 minutes around the running of a football club will tell you that there is a huge political component in it
QUOTE]

Even the armchair supporter can see that there is politics in sports.

Paddyfield
09/05/2007, 7:53 PM
O'Brochalan has an advert in the match programme.

So does O'Neachtain (MEP). His sons are season ticket holders.

Frank Fahy was at a game 8 years ago but left at half time:D

exiled_gufc_fan
09/05/2007, 8:00 PM
O'Brochalan has an advert in the match programme.

So does O'Neachtain (MEP). His sons are season ticket holders.

Frank Fahy was at a game 8 years ago but left at half time:D

Seanin taught me for a while in the Bish. He brought United up in class once or twice. Michael Crowe was in that class with me too.

But while I don't know most of the candidates any more having lived away too long, I do remember the Michael D chants in Terryland for many years, and agree that he is the man alright :ball: :ball:

Risteard
10/05/2007, 12:43 AM
Michael D should be getting your votes anyway.
The man with a conscience in the main parties and it's strange he's stuck it out in Labour.
Would never get labour leadership so we'l have to setttle for him as Uachtarann na hEireann rather than Tanaiste.

Claret Murph
10/05/2007, 6:36 AM
I am NOT a member of the Labour Party , nice one TIR OILEAN

It just hit me why not get the Terryland Tiger to run as an independant for Galway west , lets face it he is at every home game and he likes to shake hands with children ( or should that be paws ) and we would doing our best for one of our own . He will get my #1 vote but then again maybe not .;)

Tir Oilean
10/05/2007, 10:08 AM
I am NOT a member of the Labour Party , nice one TIR OILEAN

It just hit me why not get the Terryland Tiger to run as an independant for Galway west , lets face it he is at every home game and he likes to shake hands with children ( or should that be paws ) and we would doing our best for one of our own . He will get my #1 vote but then again maybe not .;)

Excellent idea Murph twud be a good advertising campaign!! Tayto have done the same thing with their character. It would be good to vary our advertising of each game to catch the publics eye.

galwayhoop
10/05/2007, 10:36 AM
Whatever happened to Ming the Merciless??

galwayhoop
10/05/2007, 10:39 AM

i seem to remember hearing about some lower division club in england whose mascot ran for mayor (i think). he got elected but then decided he wanted to be taken seriously and took off his costume whereby he lost all popularity and was promptly removed at the next election.

MyTown
10/05/2007, 10:44 AM
Whatever happened to Ming the Merciless??

Ming (aka Luke mcDermott) topped the poll in the last local elections for the Castlerea Urban District Council.

No mention of him going for the main gig this time. The constituency boundaries in his native Roscommon have been moved around - maybe that influenced him.

manofthemoment
10/05/2007, 11:58 AM
Ming (aka Luke mcDermott) topped the poll in the last local elections for the Castlerea Urban District Council.

No mention of him going for the main gig this time. The constituency boundaries in his native Roscommon have been moved around - maybe that influenced him.

Its Roscommon County Council fraid Castlerea isn't large enough for its own council. Ming's name is Luke Flanagan and from what i hear is doing well as a public representative

geezer
10/05/2007, 3:54 PM
was a regular in the showgrounds at sligo games a few years back dont know if he still goes

Paddyfield
10/05/2007, 8:04 PM
was a regular in the showgrounds at sligo games a few years back dont know if he still goes

He was a regular in Terryland when he was in college in Galway too.

Da Real Rover
13/05/2007, 2:56 PM
i seem to remember hearing about some lower division club in england whose mascot ran for mayor (i think). he got elected but then decided he wanted to be taken seriously and took off his costume whereby he lost all popularity and was promptly removed at the next election.

Ya that was for Hartlepool, i believe he was dressed as a monkey. If i were a GUFC fan i would vote Michael D, a loyal fan who turns up for yee game in game out.