PDA

View Full Version : TV tuning problem - any help appreciated

ifk101
09/05/2007, 10:12 AM
The aerial input is broken on my TV so I've connected the aerial via my video so that I can watch TV (yes I still have a video). Unfortunately the channel tuning option on my video is broken so I'm missing out on a number of channels that are piped into my apartment. So I decided to buy one of these digital boxes to replace the video - as the only reason I still have the video is to watch TV. However I can't get the digital box to pick up any channels. Basically when I turn on the digital box a picture comes up asking me to chose my language and get ready for initial installation. This is all fine but after the installation process is complete a message comes up saying that no channels have been found and to check my aerial connection. As far as I can make out all my connections are in order; the SCART from the TV to box is fine, and wire connecting the aerial and the box is grand. So my questions are should the digital box I bought be able to replace the functionality of the video, or is there maybe a technical issue because its a "digital" box, or is the box broken and I should return it, or should I forget the whole thing and go out and buy a new TV?

anto1208
09/05/2007, 11:08 AM
It might be searching for free to Air Digital channels im not sure there are any here allthough i was told BBC 3 and 4 can be picked up on the digital ready tv's .

If its piped into the apartment its prob piped on the old system that your tv and video use . try checking the options on the digi box . But i feel it might be the wrong piece of equipment your using .( basically no digital signal going into the digi box so it cant pick up anything ) .

My new tv has a build in digital recever but i get the same message after searching to check the aerial . I can tune in RTE etc using rabit ears . I dont have the digital linked up to my playroom as its just for the PS3 and Xbox in there . If im watching TV im in the sitting room anyway .

I think your best bet is to get a new tv or go into like dixons or something and pick up a 25-30 euro DVD player that you can hook up like your video set up .

ifk101
09/05/2007, 11:26 AM
Cheers Anto.