PDA

View Full Version : Bohs through

Pablo
18/07/2001, 6:40 PM
hats off to Bohs. 0-0 tonit and 3-0 overall. domestically we hate u! but Continentally we hail u! Come on now $hel$ and Longford......

Gerry Desmond
19/07/2001, 9:06 AM
Agreed, Pablo! A good result for the league, not just de Boez. And likewise all the best to Longford and $helbyrne.
Gerry

Peadar
19/07/2001, 9:32 AM
...Bohs good results mean that Cork City FC have a better chance of being seeded in the CL next year.
Woo Hoo.

Gerry Desmond
19/07/2001, 9:45 AM
Let the Dubs do the donkey work for a couple of years then we'll sail in...:D
Gerry

joe
19/07/2001, 10:21 AM
the confidence is overwhelming!

Gerry Desmond
19/07/2001, 10:33 AM
After all our big pre-season signings, confidence is bound to be high! :D
Gerry

Pablo
19/07/2001, 3:36 PM
and we have a lovely new roof too.........

Gerry Desmond
19/07/2001, 3:49 PM
We're made, Pablo boy!
Gerry

Pablo
19/07/2001, 3:54 PM
well call me the eternal optimist, but all jokes aside, i reckon we can have a cut of the league this year. The only thing missing from the equation is a striker, and if one of the new boys click we could have a great team.

Gerry Desmond
19/07/2001, 4:08 PM
A striker is definitely needed, top of the list requirement. However, Stephen O'Flynn has yet to go through his paces so he may solve some of the problems. Skippy gets a lot of slagging on the boards, but he's a hard act to follow, himself and Johnny C. 250+ league goals between them for the club: will we ever see a combo like that again?
If O'Grady continues to impress in the midfield, you're right - we may surprise a few people and have a cut off a trophy. We must get back in the scoring habit though...
Gerry

Pablo
19/07/2001, 4:18 PM
agreed! things may be on the up alright. ijust hope Hartigan, nice fella and all, get the boot. I'm no expert but surly he's not of the required standard? so, If O'Flynn or welsh hit the mark we will be fine. Scoring is our only problem........i on the other hand have no problem in this department......

joe
20/07/2001, 5:07 PM
Don't gorget we're an amateur outfit competing against professional clubs like Bohs and Shels.

Gerry Desmond
21/07/2001, 8:49 AM
Originally posted by joe
Don't gorget we're an amateur outfit competing against professional clubs like Bohs and Shels.

I can see it now...

"Cork amateurs tame mighty Dubs...":D
Gerry

PS, that was another touchy one - before veni (omitted) vici points it out....

rebel yell
22/07/2001, 1:19 PM
It's time for Cork to think about going professional then, isn't it?
Bohs have shown the way and if they make the CL then they will
be financially well rewarded. So much so That it will be hard for
City to match them. Knowing the EL the money will disappear into
a very large back pocket and the fans won't benefit. Anyone
know anything about Halmstads? They must have beaten Gothenberg and Malmo and AIK stockholm to the league last year
and must be pretty good. Still Bohs are on the threshold of greatness and we must build on this whatever the result.:)