Draw 5/2
Galway Win 9/2

To Qualify

Drogheda 7/4
Galway 2/5

From PaddyPower.com

DrogMan
07/02/2003, 12:19 PM
Well I think that I'll give it miss this week as confidence is low and the wallet is light :(

WindmillWarrior
07/02/2003, 12:51 PM
I know its a tall order but I still think we'll do it (don't ask, must be blind optimism).
Get at them early, get the crowd going, they'll fall asunder.
As Dolan said in the paper today, "United Park can be a very intimidating place to go to."

Lets f*ckin go for it, I don't want to be travelling to poxy craptown next season :mad:

boynesider
07/02/2003, 2:18 PM
Can we score 2 or more goals in 90 mins and not concede?
Yes we can , Do the players fancy themselves playing in Jackman park in a couple of weeks ! No they don't. Are Galway beatable Yes they are !

3-1 to the Drogs AET, Drogs to win 5-3 on Penos

Reservoir Drog
07/02/2003, 3:00 PM
Does anybody know what the story is with away goals - do they count after 90mins or after extra time?
Also, are season tickets valid at the match? I got through with mine at the Cobh match anyway.

Pablo
07/02/2003, 3:09 PM
i got 7/5 on a Drogs win yesterday in PP

well worth a €20 punt i thought.

can see ye winning but not by three.......sorry guys

sadloserkid
07/02/2003, 3:15 PM
Originally posted by boynesider
Do the players fancy themselves playing in Jackman park in a couple of weeks ! No they don't.

They won't have too, we're outta The Jacks thankfully!

WindmillWarrior
07/02/2003, 3:17 PM
Originally posted by Reservoir Drog
Does anybody know what the story is with away goals - do they count after 90mins or after extra time?
Also, are season tickets valid at the match? I got through with mine at the Cobh match anyway.

Away goals do not count at any stage in the tie which is just as well for us at this stage.
Not sure about the season tickets but I'll certainly be flashing mine as I go through, I'll probably show them my season ticket as well :)

Reservoir Drog
07/02/2003, 3:22 PM
Thanks for that. I was afraid that if Galway nicked one we'd then have to score 4 in 90minutes - what are the chances of that!

pete
07/02/2003, 4:23 PM
Originally posted by RedHat
Match

Drogheda Win 4/7
Draw 5/2
Galway Win 9/2

To Qualify

Drogheda 7/4
Galway 2/5

From PaddyPower.com

None of those tempting enough for me to lose the €20 i won on the Munster egg chaser game last week.

If Galway score they'll get through. Otherwise could go to extra time.

JC_GUFC
07/02/2003, 4:41 PM
A lot depends on how we go out and play the game. In the semi against Harps we went out to defend our 2 goal lead, they played with a gale force wind at their backs in the first half and came at us be we held out.
The 2nd half was similar until they scored at which point we came out and played and were probably the better team for the last 20 minutes.

I believe if we go out to try and win in Drogheda we will but if we do the same as at Ballybofey it could be very nervous for us but I honestly thought Harps were a better team than you.

Anyway if you do go through at least you'll know you've been in a tough tie, as before the playoffs you seemed overly confident that you'd walk through the playoffs!

CU
JC

Dulux_Drog
08/02/2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by JC_GUFC
I believe if we go out to try and win in Drogheda we will but if we do the same as at Ballybofey it could be very nervous for us

Prophetic words JC.
I was in Galway and it's hard to believe it was the same team today.
Galway were much too negative - But HEY!, I'm not complaining.

JC_GUFC
09/02/2003, 4:40 PM
and I'm gutted. :(

I don't think you'd have scored from open play but when you got the penalty it gave your lads a huge lift.

After you got the 2nd you obviously didn't attack as much and for the last 20 minutes of normal time we looked the more likely to score.

Again at the start of extra time we were doing more of the attacking but 30 seconds turned the whole match, Quinless getting sent off and Mark Herrick having been ruled offside from the resultant free, I haven't seen it yet on TV but not one United fan thought he was off (and most agreed that Goldbey was offside in injury time).
I don't know what happened but this probably made your players feel it was your day and was hard to take for us and then O'Connor made it 3-0 a few mins later.

For the remainder you closed everything down and we had very little in terms of chances despite being a man up.

Fair dues to Drogheda though, you've had a really tough season and managed to stay up.
Not many United fans felt that we'd a chance of going up this season so it actually has been very successful it's just disappointing that we got so close, we'll just have to win Division 1 next year!

CU
JC

P.S. What's the story with United Park and the void of sound? We couldn't hear you at all but could see you were singing and I was told that you couldn't hear us singing at all! Where did all the noise go?!

Dulux_Drog
11/02/2003, 11:45 PM
You really couldn't hear us??
I could hear the Galway fans when we weren't singing.(That megaphone was a cool idea).
Maybe it's got something to do with the roofing on the terraces.
Anyway, we'll certainly have to sort that out.