PDA

View Full Version : city can still qualify for europe!!!!

eoinh
07/02/2003, 9:45 AM
city came fourth in the irish fair play league. the three above us though derry, shels and bohs have all already qualified for europe. if ireland get one of the three fair play places we would qualify for the uefa cup. ;)

Pablo
07/02/2003, 9:59 AM
that was drwan from a hat last year wasnt it? we'd get the inter toto with the homeless getting the uefa cup so is it?

where did yoy hear that and when is it decided?

eoinh
07/02/2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Pablo

where did yoy hear that and when is it decided?

i saw it on somesite either soccercentral,eleven-a-side orthe fai site. the draw is usually in may for those places i think.

The Sheliban
07/02/2003, 11:04 AM
Are you sure about that? I thought I saw a fair play league a week ago, and Shels were hovering above the relegation zone.

The Sheliban
07/02/2003, 11:13 AM
Its on the FAI website.
However they say, because we're such a shower of dirty *******s, we're not going to qualify for extra places.
Which is a bit unfair, as refereeing standards will vary from country to country.

niamh
08/02/2003, 3:09 PM
Ipswich qualified for the UEFA Cup did they not when they got the Fair Play thing??

eoinh
09/02/2003, 8:03 PM
Originally posted by niamh
Ipswich qualified for the UEFA Cup did they not when they got the Fair Play thing??

yep!

they even got relegated that year i think!

Pablo
10/02/2003, 9:24 AM
[i]Shels were hovering above the relegation zone. [/B]

a sentance you dont hearo often enough!!!! if only!

The Sheliban
10/02/2003, 9:35 AM
It was a phrase I used to hear often enough. Quite happy not hearing it much these days.

niamh
10/02/2003, 11:50 AM
Someone I was talking had thoughts along the lines that only the top ten countries in the Fair Play League get put in the hat and then three countries are drawn from this, but if Ipswich were picked I don't see how the Premiership is one of the top Ten in Fair Play league.