PDA

View Full Version : Galway Veterans

Drogrough
06/02/2003, 1:11 PM
anything to report:confused:

Did many travel?

were we as bad as we sounded on the radio?

Or are the wounds too fresh:confused:

WindmillWarrior
06/02/2003, 3:44 PM
Well the KO was delayed which is just as well as our bus driver is the biggest idiot west of the Shannon. We had a decent crowd over but we had to cram up the back of the stand as we were so late plus the fact that it was p*ssing down, yes, Galway and rain.
We were as bad as we sounded on the radio, Quinless managed to do it again, a sitter missed :mad:
The only wounds that are still fresh are the ones I have from worshiping at the temple of that Galway God - Supermacs :(

Super, super macs - super, super macs...

DrogMan
07/02/2003, 7:42 AM
Yes it was bordering on the embarressing at one stage the way Galway were taking the pi*s with the ball.
A good example to sum up the game was when Windmill Warrior disappeared for about 15 mins, and came back with a hotdog from the other side of the ground and said that he went over cause he was fu*king bored with the game :(

And to add a further note, yes the BUS DRIVER is a DI*KHEAD. I'll never go on Finlay's again, what a nightmare.
It took so long to get home I thought that we had gone into a time warp and when we were about to arrive I thought that it would be the year 2030 with flying cars and all that :confused:

Drogrough
07/02/2003, 9:28 AM
Sounds like I missed all the fun :rolleyes:

WindmillWarrior
07/02/2003, 9:54 AM
Originally posted by DrogMan

A good example to sum up the game was when Windmill Warrior disappeared for about 15 mins, and came back with a hotdog from the other side of the ground and said that he went over cause he was fu*king bored with the game :(

Oops! Forgot about that, thanks to the beer of course which luckily means I can't remember most of the game :)
Beer - the cause of and solution to most of lifes problems :) Is there anything it can't do ;)

Xlex
07/02/2003, 9:57 AM
Originally posted by WindmillWarrior
Beer - the cause of and solution to most of lifes problems :) Is there anything it can't do ;)

True - it's been helping ugly people get laid since I don't know when...

DrogMan
07/02/2003, 10:01 AM
Another thing that pis*ed me off was that it cost 25 EURO for the journey. The excuse that was given was that WE had to subsidise the players bus.
Now that was a fu*king disgrace in books anyway, as I was looking on the Galway website and they have the prices at 15 EURO, and the have organised everything properly.

I mean never mind the onfield activities, off the field Galway are miles ahead of us aswell :(

DrogMan
07/02/2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Xlex
True - it's been helping ugly people get laid since I don't know when...

I presume that applies to you then :D

Sean Drog
07/02/2003, 10:28 AM
The supporters had to pay for th players bus as well as their own??? what would they have done if the supporters didn't travel.

Thats a joke and I don't believe that excuse at all, sounds like the supporters on the bus were shafted.

DrogMan
07/02/2003, 10:42 AM
I reckon so aswell, they wouldn't have been able to get away with an excuse like that. Aswell just as we were leaving, your man John got a call asking him to flog the scarfs and stuff to us, the bloody cheek!!!
I'm never going on a supporters bus organised by the club again!!!

Drogrough
07/02/2003, 10:54 AM
I reckon so aswell, they wouldn't have been able to get away with an excuse like that. Aswell just as we were leaving, your man John got a call asking him to flog the scarfs and stuff to us, the bloody cheek!!!
I'm never going on a supporters bus organised by the club again!!!

Totally agree (Don’t be too shocked, Drogman) Every time I’ve travelled there’s been some kind of ****-up, and “your man John” has to be one of the most infantile and irritating pillocks on the planet. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Drogrough
07/02/2003, 11:07 AM
PS

Why do you always write as well as "aswell" :confused:

Xlex
07/02/2003, 11:23 AM
I presume that applies to you then :D

erm... I can't remember...

DrogMan
07/02/2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Drogrough
PS

Why do you always write as well as "aswell" :confused:

Beacuse I'm a lazy bol*ox :D

Cosmo
07/02/2003, 7:49 PM
Ah, go easy on John lads - only for him thered have been no buses at all this season.

Its the club I blame. The bus was full (50 odd people), and still we still had to fork out 25 euro - thats nearly 100% profit!! This was a kick in the teeth for the supporters that have been using this bus all season. Im not a scabby boll*x - I would have had no problem paying 25 euro if the bus was only half full - i wouldnt like to see the club lose money.

Its a disgrace - the true supporters of the club were ,as sean said, shafted on this occasion. We should be treated with respect - not taken advantage of.

Every supporter I was talking to on the bus had the same opinion - disgrace (lets follow other clubs example - dont mess about with the true supporters who travel all over the country to support their team)