PDA

View Full Version : My Football Club

MervilleUnited
06/05/2007, 10:46 AM
Just spotted this site, getting a lot of media coverage. Could it work here?:eek: 2000 fans each putting in 100 euro, champions league??
Cant see all members selecting the team working however!!

http://www.myfootballclub.co.uk/

dahamsta
06/05/2007, 11:00 AM
Sure if half a dozen of us throw in a fiver we could buy Wexford Youths or Limerick37 next week. :)

RĂ©iteoir
06/05/2007, 3:26 PM
iirc Bohs and Rovers both have a similar setup in place.

This is just a reworking of the Members Club ethos

Poor Student
06/05/2007, 3:33 PM
Bohs and Rovers members don't pick the team or formation.

Isn't this already applied in France but they formed a club to work its way up?

progress
06/05/2007, 7:12 PM
i think its a great idea, maybe an irish club cud go the same way

MojoPin
06/05/2007, 7:16 PM
to be honest i think its a front for someone to own the club... whos the director of the idea? will he have final say?

dahamsta
06/05/2007, 7:19 PM
If it's real, you'd have to wonder how many people will actually follow through on the pledges.

dcfcsteve
07/05/2007, 12:36 PM
So let me get this straight.

This website effectively suggests that a bunch of randoms with no connection who will never actually meet each other all chip-in together and take over an existing club - one that they have no connection to themselves, and one that many of them will probably never see play - just so they can do Fantasy Football Manager for real...?

Am I the only one who finds this wrong ? Would you be happy if a load of bored Brits, Yanks, Germans, Japanese web-geeks suddenly bought your EL club and started chopping and changing with the team/management etc just for a bit of a laugh ?

:ball:

half_full
07/05/2007, 12:36 PM
while I would detest this happening to my club (or any Irish club for that matter), im curiousley intrested by this. It seems pretty legit, the guy that thought it up has done interviews with the BBC etc. so who knows?

Jaime
07/05/2007, 3:24 PM
Would you be happy if a load of bored Brits, Yanks, Germans, Japanese web-geeks suddenly bought your EL club and started chopping and changing with the team/management etc just for a bit of a laugh ?

Yeah. :) :ball:

dcfcsteve
07/05/2007, 3:39 PM
Yeah. :) :ball:

Who do you support - Dublin City or Shels....? :D

MojoPin
07/05/2007, 4:42 PM
post of the decade????? ha comical

he could be ollie ssshhh

monutdfc
08/05/2007, 8:15 AM
So let me get this straight.

This website effectively suggests that a bunch of randoms with no connection who will never actually meet each other all chip-in together and take over an existing club - one that they have no connection to themselves, and one that many of them will probably never see play - just so they can do Fantasy Football Manager for real...?

Am I the only one who finds this wrong ? Would you be happy if a load of bored Brits, Yanks, Germans, Japanese web-geeks suddenly bought your EL club and started chopping and changing with the team/management etc just for a bit of a laugh ?

Hmm, a load of foreigners supporting an exisiting club in another country, based in a town with which they have no connection, many of them unlikely to see their club in the flesh
A club being owned and bankrolled by foreign owners, maybe wanting to force the manager to buy their favourite player
Sounds not unlike the English Premier League :D :D

BohDiddley
08/05/2007, 10:14 AM
Hmm, a load of foreigners supporting an exisiting club in another country, based in a town with which they have no connection, many of them unlikely to see their club in the flesh
A club being owned and bankrolled by foreign owners, maybe wanting to force the manager to buy their favourite player
Sounds not unlike the English Premier League :D :D
Can't be any worse than Ken Bates.