PDA

View Full Version : Echo's list of candidates- who do YOU want?

Éanna
05/02/2003, 11:49 PM
The Echo had a list of people who may be considered for the City job- who would be your choice from that list.

Éanna
05/02/2003, 11:54 PM
By the way- the candidates in this poll are the ones confirmed as having applied for the job or are considered to be in the running. The Echo also listed another list of managers out of work in England without saying whether they had any interest in the post.

dalo
06/02/2003, 8:18 AM
hard to work up any great joy for any of them to be honest. i mean why would one pick bruce rioch sure he was crap at arsenal:D

we do need someone who will be there for the long term and has EL experience but so far all we have have is the Mullet and don o'riordan. o'riordan has no decent track record to speak off

bracewell was a fine player and a great evertonan and he did ok enough at fulham but would he stay long term and be able to settle in cork? probably the most promising choice of managers there

john beck? no way - crap beer, crap football.

shame that gerry mccabe is not considered not interested

i would like to see stuart aston do get the assitants job

to be honest i think BL has his mind made up already. i reckon the mullet has the job the other candidates are just back ups in case it falls through

patsh
06/02/2003, 9:35 AM
Gee, I wonder who voted for Don ? !!;)

Martin Heffernan..is that the local St. Mary's club?

pete
06/02/2003, 10:13 AM
Perk of 'Moderatorhood' is i can add my own extra option - IMO too early to tell at the moment...

shedite
06/02/2003, 10:47 AM
Don's the man for me. Does everyone not remember Rico last time? Yes he won nothing either, despite inheriting the league champions.

dalo
06/02/2003, 11:25 AM
don was in charge of a relegated team!!!!!

Real ale Madrid
06/02/2003, 12:04 PM
Rico is the man for the job, with Ashton as the assistant.

Neil
06/02/2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Real ale Madrid
Spot on. I think...

TheSeagullsNest
06/02/2003, 12:07 PM
in here

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/story.asp?newsid=3878

Rioch’s would be a fantastic appointment

Pablo
06/02/2003, 12:45 PM
cork is pretty unique in that by in large, down through the years, i'd say 90% of players were from Cork or at a push munster.....

now if an outsider comes in, and by that i mean an english manager, he's going to bring in a lot of has-beens to the detriment of the great talent we have at the club(u21's and first team). Just look at the Hindmarsh situation and the type of journeyman he brought in.

So for me its got to be an eircom league type manger, weather it be o'Riordon or richradson or hill or ashton

i'd narrow it to those 4.

James
06/02/2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Pablo
now if an outsider comes in, and by that i mean an english manager, he's going to bring in a lot of has-beens .

yeah bet we all wish we never saw the likes of those
has-beens John O Flynn, George O Callaghan and Dan Murray.

wake up pablo

Pablo
06/02/2003, 1:03 PM
Originally posted by James
yeah bet we all wish we never saw the likes of those John O Flynn, George O Callaghan and Dan Murray.

wake up pablo

open your eyes jamie boy. i mean english players that are over the hill. read the post again.

i think i have a valid point

James
06/02/2003, 1:11 PM
well is it any better having an irish manager that plays irish players that are has beens and over the hill
ala deccie daly etc etc

at the end of the day the right manager is the right manager irespective of where he comes from. and the right man wont no matter where he comes from play these has been players whethere they be english irish or whatever

whatever point u were trying to make i think u could have phrased it alot better :D

dalo
06/02/2003, 1:22 PM
Originally posted by James

at the end of the day the right manager is the right manager irespective of where he comes from. and the right man wont no matter where he comes from play these has been players whethere they be english irish or whatever

what is this tongue twisters?
:D

bruce rioch would be a fantastic appointment but does he really know what is he letting himself in for?:eek:

Shed End John
06/02/2003, 2:20 PM
Originally posted by pete
IMO too early to tell at the moment...

I'd have to agree with that. The season's only just over and the hotseat's only just been vacated, so let's hold our thunder awhile. Bad news for the Rico fans........he's done a Joe Kinnear ie he'll take the job if it's offered to him, but, he won't go out of his way to try and get it........Thank Christ!!

Hecko
06/02/2003, 3:01 PM
What about Jan Molby - does anyone reckon he's really interested in coming over???

If he is I reckon Sidetrax and Lennox's might be in for a hge increase in turnover:D

Then again what's BL's main source of income...

Shed End John
06/02/2003, 3:05 PM
Originally posted by Hecko
What about Jan Molby - does anyone reckon he's really interested in coming over???

If he is I reckon Sidetrax and Lennox's might be in for a hge increase in turnover:D

Don't forget the 'How to speak Scouse in 3 easy steps' lessons!!:D :D

Pablo
06/02/2003, 3:26 PM
Originally posted by Hecko

Then again what's BL's main source of income...

does he own sidetrax too?

Shed End John
06/02/2003, 3:33 PM
Originally posted by Pablo
does he own sidetrax too?

Stranger things have happened!!:)

Éanna
06/02/2003, 6:55 PM
Originally posted by Real ale Madrid
I think that would be a fairly good set up. Probably as good as any other.