PDA

View Full Version : Richardson in the Echo

Éanna
05/02/2003, 11:45 PM
After Rico quoted in the Echo saying he wasn't applying for the job "I feel at this stage of my career that, given what I have achieved in the game, I don't necessarily need to apply for it. I am certainly interested if, as they say, it's a full-time post and all Brian Lennox has to do is pick up the phone and call me."There's shades of Joe Kinnear in this, and look where that got him :eek:

Should Rico be considered for the job after this?

patsh
06/02/2003, 9:33 AM
Now the thing is:
Did Rico not send in a CV etc., but at least made a phone call
or
Does Rico expect BL to contact him?

I cannot see BL approaching Rico, when there seems to be so much interest in the job.
It's also a silly thing thing to go public with the "I'm not applying" stuff, because it puts BL in the position that he could be seen as "weak" if he makes the approach.
I think a simple, private phone call and a "no comment" from Rico would have been much more sensible.

Real ale Madrid
06/02/2003, 12:11 PM
Why is BL weak for trying to contact the best man for the job, Rico has expressed genuine interest in the job BL won't be considered weak if he picks up the phone and asks to talk to Rico.

Football Managers jobs are not like any other jobs, it is a highly pressurised job that neccesitates that the manager is highly regarded by the club directors/chairman.

No manager for any premiership team (or any top class team for that matter) ever applyed for the job.

niamh
06/02/2003, 12:19 PM
Rico is a bit of a twit for not applying because of pride it seems to me.
He should be considered though, and you never know what could happen over the next few weeks.

pete
06/02/2003, 1:30 PM
Originally posted by Real ale Madrid
Football Managers jobs are not like any other jobs, it is a highly pressurised job that neccesitates that the manager is highly regarded by the club directors/chairman. .

What makes football management any different from other management jobs?

:confused:

Shed End John
06/02/2003, 2:35 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
Should Rico be considered for the job after this?

Simply put, NO!!!!. Even the FAI showed they're too progressive for Joe Kinnear types, so City are going to have to be as well. Rico blows on and on about what he's achieved, what he's underachieved is far closer to the mark.

joe
06/02/2003, 2:38 PM
Rico's column in Inside Cork this week makes interesting reading. He makes the point that within a few days of Colin Murphy running out on Shels, the board there contacted him and offered him the job. I think what he was saying was the board made up there mind about the type of manager they wanted, looked around and came to the conclusion that he was there man and didn't bother with any of this advertising/interviewing stuff.

Éanna
06/02/2003, 6:50 PM
Originally posted by joe
I think what he was saying was the board made up there mind about the type of manager they wanted, looked around and came to the conclusion that he was there man and didn't bother with any of this advertising/interviewing stuff.
Yeah, I had a feeling that might be what he was getting at. If thats the case I would definitely consider him.

Pat MacGroyne
10/02/2003, 6:17 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by niamh
Rico is a bit of a twit for not applying because of pride it seems to me.
He should be considered though, and you never know what could happen over the next few weeks. [/QUOT

Totally agree with you. Who does he think he is Alex Ferguson??
I hope he gets it though as he is a good manager and a decent bloke too.

RICO IN NOW!!!

Verdi
10/02/2003, 6:43 PM
Rico should swallow his pride and give Lennox a call. That's all it takes.

Lennox would want to be careful though, saying things like he's gonna go chasing after him. If Rico is the best man for the job then he should be offered it.

It could also be a load Noel Spillane lies. Rico and Lennox were spotted in MOKS d'udder week having a chat. What has changed since?

niamh
11/02/2003, 10:55 AM
you have to take everything printed in the media with a pinch of salt.