PDA

View Full Version : today's Examiner

joe
05/02/2003, 9:47 AM
A report in today's Examiner says Lennox is of to England to interview some candidates, including some who have managed in the First Division

05/02/03
City seek new manager cross-channel

By Bill George
CORK CITY chairman Brian Lennox travels to England today to interview a number of applicants for the job as manager.

City advertised the vacancy in the Irish and British press following the decision of Liam Murphy to vacate the post to take up the job of technical director at the club.

Said Lennox: “We were delighted with the take-up in England. I do not wish to identify the people who have responded, for a number of reasons, but some of them have managed clubs in the first division.

“It is my intention to talk to the Irish-based applicants next week and if everything goes well we should have our new manager in place within 10 days.”

The Donie Forde
05/02/2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by joe
A report in today's Examiner says Lennox is of to England to interview some candidates

...that'll be to get Mountie back so...:D

Donie

Pablo
05/02/2003, 10:08 AM
very interesting that. i took it for granted it would be an eircom league type who would get the job..........

i think i'd prefer it. Colin Murphy, Mountie, Hindmarsh(RIP) need i say more?

pete
05/02/2003, 11:43 AM
I think most people would prefer an eL type manager but also doesn't mean we need to restrict ourselves to the current pool of managers here.

I suppose one good sign they looking at UK based applicants is that Lennox wouldn't do that unless serious about bring in a CCFC outsider?

I suppose it could be said the recent bunch of UK imported managers had more or less no experience before they came to city so no surprise they didn't work out?

Pablo
05/02/2003, 12:10 PM
colin murphy had vast expierience, but when a better offer came in he legged it. thats the danger with a UK manager

Troy.McClure
05/02/2003, 1:00 PM
Well can you blame him? He didnt even have a contract here and was offeredd one in his home country. If J.O'F was offered a contract with Leister and went then we would all be happy for him.

Pablo
05/02/2003, 1:22 PM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure
Well can you blame him? He didnt even have a contract here and was offeredd one in his home country. If J.O'F was offered a contract with Leister and went then we would all be happy for him.

which is why we go for an EL type. who will be around a bit. stability is whats neded now

niamh
05/02/2003, 3:34 PM
While the thought of a English based manager isn't the best move imo, the fact that Lennox is looking outside the club for options is a positive move on the club's part I think.