PDA

View Full Version : Paddy Power now doing Irish coupons in shops

Dodge
04/05/2007, 12:58 PM
A welcome development. Good publicity for the league. makes a change from having to beg to get odds on a game (before internet obviously)

Fair play to them

DmanDmythDledge
04/05/2007, 2:47 PM
Presumably this is due to their sponsorship with Pats?

Schumi
04/05/2007, 2:52 PM
Presumably this is due to their sponsorship with Pats?Dodge's post? How very cynical of you.

Dodge
04/05/2007, 2:59 PM
I’d say its more to do with JC_GUFC to be honest.

Oh and my post has nothing to do with Ireland’s leading bookmaker (http://www.paddypower.com ) sponsoring Ireland’s greatest football club ( http://www.stpatsfc.com )

I just didn’t notice them before and AFAIK no other bookie does it

holidaysong
04/05/2007, 3:15 PM
They have been doing this for a while. It has been around since before the St. Pat's sponsorship anyway!

centre mid
04/05/2007, 3:37 PM
With the english leagues just about over there is not much else to fill the coupons, most bookies carry EL on the coupon during the summer, its nothing new

Dodge
04/05/2007, 6:32 PM
With the english leagues just about over there is not much else to fill the coupons, most bookies carry EL on the coupon during the summer, its nothing new

On the coupon, yeah. This was an el coupon only (first scorer in some games etc)

Raheny Red
05/05/2007, 1:44 PM
They do a Polish coupon too!

JC_GUFC
08/05/2007, 2:38 PM
Yeah PP started doing an Irish Coupon last year and have one every week now.
Goalscorers, correct score and HT/FT for the top 3 games of the weekend. Goalscorers are available for all Premier games though and Division 1 games on request.

Obviously it's a waste of time if no-one uses them so get betting lads!

I remember seeing Ladbrokes have one about 4 years ago and then I never saw it again! I think Boyles do one too.

Dodge
08/05/2007, 2:42 PM
Obviously it's a waste of time if no-one uses them so get betting lads!

Whats the volume like on the LOI markets JC?

JC_GUFC
08/05/2007, 3:03 PM
Not bad Dodge, a top match, eg Cork v Pat's last week would probably get more than an uninspiring Premiership match eg Boro v Reading or something like that.

Games being on TV and when we're a big price about teams will obviously help. I'd like to see more bets on 1st goalscorer etc. but if the coupon is in the shops at least people will be aware that we offer those markets...