PDA

View Full Version : Its so quiet

gufct
04/05/2007, 10:54 AM
on here everyone out tanning themselves.We need loads of noise tonight so lets see a bit of chat on here about it. Sent about 100 texts this mornong about the game and asked my contacts to forward the message to their friends.

"We are the Galway Boys Stand up and make some noise"

corbyeire
04/05/2007, 11:18 AM
good man tommy - think there will be a great crowd tonight - with it being derry and a fine day - hopefully the injuries will come good???

MyTown
04/05/2007, 1:32 PM
My memories of Derry City coming to Terryland are of a blistering Gerry Mullen run and shot for the clinching goal in a 3-1 win in October 1987 (Galway had just won the All-Ireland Hurling title). The game had a very late kick off around 5 or 5.30 (remember this is the pre floodlights era) and as usual in those days the Candystripes had brought a fair old following for a Sunday evening.

Another memory is of former Linfield manager Roy Coyle getting a roasting from the locals in a fairly close encounter and we were all quite amused at how stoutly the Derry faithful defended their man.

Another poster wrote of Liam Coyle's hat trick visit to Galway and I have terrible memories of our last Terryland Premier encounter where they wiped the floor with us and were 4-0 up before we even realised the game was on. (Wasn't Felix Healy manager then?)

Derry's entry to the First Division made Oscar da Gama, Nelson Da Silva and Alex Kristic household names but mostly it was about the hordes of supporters that went everywhere with them in the early years.

A result similar to 20 years ago would do me fine tonight.

gufct
04/05/2007, 1:55 PM
Ski got a brilliant goal in that game sold such a dummy to Jacko McDonagh that Tony said afterwards if the gates were open he would have ended up in the corrib.I had the video of that game and gave a loan of it to Adrian Walsh and never got it back :mad: