PDA

View Full Version : Felix Healy

eirebhoy
03/05/2007, 9:05 PM
How this chap has lasted so long on Setanta I'll never know. Setanta are great for listening to their viewers and they got rid of their SPL commentary team of last season because the fans didn't like them. Setanta could really do with letting Felix go and getting Pat back as a pundit rather than presenter. Does anyone like him?

Peadar
03/05/2007, 9:12 PM
Yer man Hamilton is brutal!
Talk about being limited!
The guy simply hasn't a clue and makes no effort to research something about the eLoI players.

el punter
03/05/2007, 9:15 PM
Does anyone like him?

Yes, I like him. He's not always right, but he says what he thinks rather than giving us a heap of cliched banalities.

If Setanta are listening (reading), I vote Felix Healy No.1

However, I am somewhat disappointed that Billy Hamilton has stopped using the expression 'Walk The Chalk' which we named our website after. We probably should have called it 'I always say to players know your distance' as this is his favoured phrase this season it seems.

Peadar
03/05/2007, 9:18 PM
Bit of banter between Pat & Felix is amusing.

TonyD
03/05/2007, 9:26 PM
Yes, I like him. He's not always right, but he says what he thinks rather than giving us a heap of cliched banalities.

If Setanta are listening (reading), I vote Felix Healy No.1

However, I am somewhat disappointed that Billy Hamilton has stopped using the expression 'Walk The Chalk' which we named our website after. We probably should have called it 'I always say to players know your distance' as this is his favoured phrase this season it seems.

It's Bryan, not Billy.:p And I've always thought "pass and play" was his favourite expression.Count how many times he uses it during the Setanta final next week. You're right about "walk the chalk" though. I hadn't noticed he'd stopped using it.

el punter
03/05/2007, 9:36 PM
It's Bryan, not Billy.:p

Could be the ultimate Freudian slip :)

lofty9
03/05/2007, 9:38 PM
I actually enjoy the banter between Felix and Pat. I thought they were good tonight as well.

harry crumb
03/05/2007, 9:42 PM
Think the commentator on Setanta was excellent as a presenter on EL Weekly and he knows his stuff. :ball:

Would prefer the 2 boys as analyts. There is a good chemistry there, but too many awkward moments in the current format.

superfrank
03/05/2007, 9:42 PM
Can't stand the two. The Christmas debate they had was a classic example of their roundabout opinions and contradicting views. The sooner they're demoted to panelists, the better. Bring back Des!

harry crumb
03/05/2007, 10:01 PM
Can't stand the two. The Christmas debate they had was a classic example of their roundabout opinions and contradicting views. The sooner they're demoted to panelists, the better. Bring back Des!

That was pretty awful.

Especially when Felix went on a rant about EL and Irish League and the next topic of conversation was the Setanta Cup.

I switched channel pretty quickly that day. The cringemeter was shacking violently in the corner!

TheBoss
03/05/2007, 11:50 PM

It is like Laurel and Hardy at times ;)

Peadar
04/05/2007, 8:40 AM
It is like Laurel and Hardy at times ;)

True! Maybe they'll show the studio stuff in Black & White, to add more authenticity. :D

razor
04/05/2007, 8:42 AM
True! Maybe they'll show the studio stuff in Black & White, to add more authenticity. :DBut who'll be Laurel and who'll be Hardy?:D

Steve Bruce
04/05/2007, 8:43 AM
Felix is a prat. He hasn't got a clue.

Done nothing as a player and done even less as a manager.

OneRedArmy
04/05/2007, 8:46 AM

Done nothing as a player and done even less as a manager.Are you only counting what he did in your two bit League or what he did when he moved up in standard to the EL where he won the League as a player and manager?

And got capped internationally as well.

But he's still an ar se.

Peadar
04/05/2007, 8:47 AM
But who'll be Laurel and who'll be Hardy?:D

I don't know, I could never tell those two apart anyway!

He's only there for a bit of balance, since they have Hamilton on too.

Soper
04/05/2007, 8:52 AM
Felix is amazing. He even brought up that Greg O'Halloran video a few weeks ago!

BohDiddley
04/05/2007, 8:53 AM
It's Bryan, not Billy.:p And I've always thought "pass and play" was his favourite expression.Count how many times he uses it during the Setanta final next week. You're right about "walk the chalk" though. I hadn't noticed he'd stopped using it.
Both teams are getting it down on the ground to pass and play, and both managers will be aaabsolutely delighted with their players at half time and that was a simply fantaaaastic effort by the (eL) right midfielder, whatever his name is, and there's some real commitment being shown by both teams on the park tonight, and (following filthy tackle by Linfield/Glens/Dungannon stalwart) I think in fairness the referee is wrong to have awarded a free kick on this occasion as there was nothing in it, so there wasn't. But overall everybody is just delighted and it's fantaastic so it is!

Peadar
04/05/2007, 8:59 AM
The rubbish coming out of Hamilton during the drogs v linfield game at drog park was unreal! Pure drivel and unashamedly biased!

Steve Bruce
04/05/2007, 9:04 AM
Are you only counting what he did in your two bit League or what he did when he moved up in standard to the EL where he won the League as a player and manager?

And got capped internationally as well.

But he's still an ar se.

So what you are saying is, your super duper league he was great but in our two bit league he done feck all?

I see your logic there:rolleyes:

Also your club never done feck all in our league either, but then you are only a two bit club.

RogerMilla
04/05/2007, 9:23 AM
i have to say i am enjoying felix and fat pat , setantas coverage is very good indeed

OneRedArmy
04/05/2007, 9:41 AM
So what you are saying is, your super duper league he was great but in our two bit league he done feck all?

I see your logic there:rolleyes:

Also your club never done feck all in our league either, but then you are only a two bit club.He played for Coleraine in your joke shop League, which probably limited what he could achieve. Still managed to get capped internationally.

As for "your club never done feck all in our League either", good to see you Belfast window lickers are still as well-edumicated as ever.....

We're a two bit club that you seem overjoyed to get a result against. You're just any other club to us. Thats the difference.

Obsessed.

Jerry The Saint
04/05/2007, 9:48 AM
It's Bryan, not BillyAnd I've always thought "pass and play" was his favourite expression.Count how many times he uses it during the Setanta final next week. You're right about "walk the chalk" though. I hadn't noticed he'd stopped using it.

Another one of his favourite phrases is 'Endyend stuff'.

As in,

Great game tonight Des, up and down the pitch - it's been endyend stuff.

Knew Hamilton was a farce when in the first game he said something about Mark Rooney like - "this is what he's known for, he does this week in-week out..." :rolleyes: :D

It is Des Curran that does the commentary, isn't it? One of the best commentators on any channel I have to say. The guy with the funny voice that does the interviews is hilarious - all over the place, but whatever he does he seems to prompt the best rants from his interviewees.:)

paudie
04/05/2007, 9:56 AM

Wouldn't say he's done nothing as a player.

Wasn't he in the NI 82 World Cup squad?

Won a few things with Coleriane and a treble with Derry so not a bad record really.

Poor managerial record all right.

Steve Bruce
04/05/2007, 10:02 AM
He played for Coleraine in your joke shop League, which probably limited what he could achieve. Still managed to get capped internationally.

As for "your club never done feck all in our League either", good to see you Belfast window lickers are still as well-edumicated as ever.....

We're a two bit club that you seem overjoyed to get a result against. You're just any other club to us. Thats the difference.

Obsessed.

It wasn't be obsessing about another league, you done that yourself.

I see you never argued differently about your non-success in IL football.

We may be just another club, just another club you have failed to beat and just another club that will always be more successful than yourselves. Even when you where in our league, you where never near as good as Linfield or Bangor for that matter.

And why wouldn't we be overjoyed in getting a result against anyone? Don't flatter yourself into believing your anything special to us. Your just another Eircom league side we enjoyed beating, just like Longford..

Steve Bruce
04/05/2007, 10:03 AM

Won a few things with Coleriane and a treble with Derry so not a bad record really.

In IL terms he done nothing as a player.

Compare him to Noel Bailie, who has won every trophy 3 or 4 times over.

NY Hoop
04/05/2007, 10:07 AM

Won the Cup with Derry in 95 and the league in 97. Played in the World Cup too.

Hey steve bruce your mascot has probably won every trophy 3 or 4 times over. To be pedantic it's "he did nothing as a player".

KOH

Soper
04/05/2007, 10:21 AM
At least Felix can carry a tune, too.

Peadar
04/05/2007, 10:25 AM
The guy with the funny voice that does the interviews is hilarious - all over the place, but whatever he does he seems to prompt the best rants from his interviewees.:)

Yeah, Johhny Mc was blowing his top and yer man stopped him in his tracks with, "can you tell me about the injuries?"

Also, his first question to Joe Gamble, "best team won tonight, Joe?"
Great stuff! :D

lofty9
04/05/2007, 10:32 AM
It wasn't be obsessing about another league, you done that yourself.

I see you never argued differently about your non-success in IL football.

We may be just another club, just another club you have failed to beat and just another club that will always be more successful than yourselves. Even when you where in our league, you where never near as good as Linfield or Bangor for that matter.

And why wouldn't we be overjoyed in getting a result against anyone? Don't flatter yourself into believing your anything special to us. Your just another Eircom league side we enjoyed beating, just like Longford..

And then you go and blow it all by saying something stupid like.................

Your signature.

In regards to your obsession with our lack of Irish League glories, none of us give a toss. That was then, thankfully you showed us the door. Your problem is that you won't let go of the past. Linfield if they wanted to be taken seriously need to instigate change to an All Ireland league. Then you can consistenly bang on about how great you are. It's all well and good fighting as if your lives depended on it in the Setanta Cup. Let's see if you can raise your game for 40+ matches per season against EL teams and defend, kick high balls to your front two and win second balls? I've seen Linfield stroll at pedestrian pace in the Irish League against Institue, Coleraine and Ballymena. There isn't one game in our league where our teams can afford to do so.

pete
04/05/2007, 10:42 AM
Healy & Dolan combination where they both present & analysis is weird.

Hamilton is worst commentator in Britain & Ireland. Nothing to do with bias but everything is superb & brilliant & his commentary is condescending in the "good lad now" way.

:rolleyes:

Des Curran I think his name is - is a good commentator.

Dodge
04/05/2007, 10:45 AM
They only asked Gamble the question like that as they feared another molestation quip...

Healy's alright. He's too negative IMO but Dolan's enthuasiasm makes it OK. Hamilton is awful. Horrendous. wws used to a great impression of him tlaking about Richie baker, "he's a real jack in the box"

Steve Bruce
04/05/2007, 10:49 AM
And then you go and blow it all by saying something stupid like.................

Your signature.

In regards to your obsession with our lack of Irish League glories, none of us give a toss. That was then, thankfully you showed us the door. Your problem is that you won't let go of the past. Linfield if they wanted to be taken seriously need to instigate change to an All Ireland league. Then you can consistenly bang on about how great you are. It's all well and good fighting as if your lives depended on it in the Setanta Cup. Let's see if you can raise your game for 40+ matches per season against EL teams and defend, kick high balls to your front two and win second balls? I've seen Linfield stroll at pedestrian pace in the Irish League against Institue, Coleraine and Ballymena. There isn't one game in our league where our teams can afford to do so.

Right enough your right and successful since you join LOI :rolleyes: Take away your top 3 or 4 teams your league isn't great. Linfield would definately be challanging for the title. We have many gears that we don't use, but when we need to use them we use them and we win.

This setanta cup we haven't played our full strength team once, we have been playing some fringe players the whole tournement and still whipped our Southern counterparts.

We beat what's in front of us both North and South and we don't need an all-ireland league to prove it. We are from Northern Ireland, not the Republic, why should we be part of a Republic league?

Peadar
04/05/2007, 10:50 AM
They only asked Gamble the question like that as they feared another molestation quip...

The interviewer was laughing as he said it.

Dolan was asking Healy for the fiver he owed him.
Had Dolan bet on City to beat Pats?
I missed the bet part.

superfrank
04/05/2007, 11:01 AM
Hamilton is worst commentator in Britain & Ireland. Nothing to do with bias but everything is superb & brilliant & his commentary is condescending in the "good lad now" way.
He's the same when ever he does commentary on BBC FiveLive so there's no changing him.

Jaime
04/05/2007, 12:07 PM
Felix and Dolan have gone so far up their own arses that I can't wait til RTE show their next live game. Dempsey as a presenter with Dolan as a pundit is considerably more professional with the right amount of chemistry. The double-act has belittled the Setanta Cup coverage IMO.

Krstic
04/05/2007, 12:31 PM
Steve Bruce, Felix is indeed a bit of a prat, I'll give you that.

But to question what he acheived as a player and a manager just shows up your hatred and obsession with Derry City and all things associated.

Played in the World Cup with your wee team, when you were world beaters, captained Derry City to a unique treble and was within a whisker of 2 doubles as manager of Derry City(with limited resources). He also managed Finn Harps to their first and only league title.(with limited resources).

You can certainly question his personality but not his achievements.

razor
04/05/2007, 1:29 PM
It is Des Curran that does the commentary, isn't it? One of the best commentators on any channel I have to saySure isn't he one of our own. ;)

Steve Bruce
04/05/2007, 1:33 PM
Steve Bruce, Felix is indeed a bit of a prat, I'll give you that.

But to question what he acheived as a player and a manager just shows up your hatred and obsession with Derry City and all things associated.

Played in the World Cup with your wee team, when you were world beaters, captained Derry City to a unique treble and was within a whisker of 2 doubles as manager of Derry City(with limited resources). He also managed Finn Harps to their first and only league title.(with limited resources).

You can certainly question his personality but not his achievements.

Don't flatter yourself, I have no hatred towards Derry City at all. We share a healthy rivalry, which has only just got cold due to it being rather one sided.

SwiftsSupporter
04/05/2007, 2:11 PM
It's just a joke. Dolan makes a fool out of him every show and he doesn't even realise. Amateurish stuff and his views on football:rolleyes:

paudie
04/05/2007, 2:54 PM
Dolan seems to see himself as a bit of an "entertainer", with his little quips and treating Felix as his straight man.

Felix on the other hand doesn't seem to be in on the joke and plays it serious.

It can be a bit of a mess at times.

eirebhoy
04/05/2007, 5:24 PM
I find it cringeworthy tbh. :) Felix just isn't suited to the studio at all. Laugh, Pause, Stutter.