and was impressed with his strength and
ability to lead the line.'

Jeez:eek: Little does he know...

Hitman
03/05/2007, 2:39 PM
From the Echo:

'was impressed with his strength and
ability to lead the line.'

In fairness, he could have been talking about the queue in Jackie Lennox's.

Burnsie
03/05/2007, 3:43 PM
as i southampton fan in another life, i'm not sure i can find a smiley to reflect my emotions on this accurately.

Risteard
03/05/2007, 11:14 PM
Ipswich also interested according to some rag.

I'd imagine its totally fabricated.
Might do a job for some team down in the lower leagues in England but he's not good enough for City, never mind a top Championship side.

I have time for him. He's a good attitude, totally committed and works himself into the ground but just doesn't have the talent. Linfield match was a perfect indicator where he was strong and threw himself about everywhere.
Wasn't calm enough in front of goal when it mattered though.

Would be delighted for all concerned if he got a move to one of these sides for 100k

GavinZac
03/05/2007, 11:28 PM
behan's a confidence player, the type of goals he scores are an indication of that - he usually scores "goals of the month" in no pressure situations, but one-on-one, he misses too often.

He's not all-time top scorer in the setanta cup for nothing, when he has got a bit of confidence, he puts them away like you'd expect a striker to.

Pablo Escobar
04/05/2007, 8:26 AM
I've a 1st class source telling me that the Ipswich deal would be 1,500 Sterling p/w, a rented house (not sure how that works out :confused: ), and a car!

Soper
04/05/2007, 8:49 AM
So come Summer time, will we see Cork with a strikeforce of O'Flynn and Byrne (if you sign him, that is, which is a very strong rumour).

Risteard
04/05/2007, 9:58 AM
Well Ricos denied it today in the paper (Examiner i think)

Dodge
04/05/2007, 10:19 AM
SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL

He is rubbish. Get what you can for him

Pablo Escobar
04/05/2007, 12:36 PM

Wouldn't agree with that at all!

pete
04/05/2007, 12:56 PM

Less of that reverse psychology now. :p

It really is silly season in the papers. First the Star manufactures Byrne to City rumour. :rolleyes:

Soper
04/05/2007, 7:13 PM
I think the Star might have gotten it from over here then. A few days ago, a Cardiff fan I know well mentioned Byrne going back to Ireland, he didn't say which club in particular though.

Dodge
04/05/2007, 7:19 PM
*cough"