PDA

View Full Version : The Andy Gray Point and Laugh Thread

jebus
03/05/2007, 1:53 PM
Anyone else fed up with this clown's ridiculous statements, or just annoyed at having to fork out money to listen to some overhyped windbag talk about a subject he hasn't got a clue about? Maybe we should start listing his constant **** ups and just laugh at him :)

From his pre Milan-United online analysis

The pressure has been heaped on Milan, and I believe that Milan side is ordinary. Not only will United get a result in Italy next week, they will beat Milan in their own backyard. I think they've got the Italians running scared - they're not a great team and they know it.

Anything else to be scared of? Pirlo? No. Seedorf? No. Ambrosini? No. Gilardino? Definitely not

From his pre Liverpool-Chelsea online analysis

People make a lot of the Anfield crowd and yes, there is something special about that stadium on European nights, but we're talking about Chelsea and superstars of the game here. They're not going to be fazed by that atmosphere.

What a ****ing liability :D :D

Stuttgart88
03/05/2007, 2:19 PM
When it comes to International & European football the guy loses all objectivity whatsoever. Vidic came right through a Milan player from behind last night and it probably warranted a yellow, but Andy said "that wasn't even a tackle, let alone a foul".

gustavo
03/05/2007, 2:34 PM
The man is a joke and just a lackey for Sky and their marketing of the Premiership

jebus
03/05/2007, 2:34 PM
Remember his rant last year when Barca put Chelsea out fair and square? About how Mourinho was right when he said Barca would cheat them out of it, and that he (Gray) wouldn't expect anything else off a Spanish team? This was in regards to Del Horno flattening Messi and getting sent off for a reckless challenge? It verged on racism at times

NeilMcD
03/05/2007, 2:47 PM
I think Gray is good when just talking about Premiership matches but when it comes down to European games he is a joke. I don't know why people watch Sky when you have RTE and Darragh Maloney and Ray Houghton......

Soper
03/05/2007, 2:51 PM
At the end of United's comeback against Everton, he said something like

'Man United have fought back, and that is why the Premiership is the best league in the world'.

What, so a top 6 team can be winning 2-0 against United and still end up losing makes the league good??

gustavo
03/05/2007, 3:05 PM
. I don't know why people watch Sky when you have RTE and Darragh Maloney and Ray Houghton......

You just answered your own question there:)

Roadend
03/05/2007, 3:32 PM
Gray is terrible but Ray Wilkins makes him look brilliant.

BohsPartisan
03/05/2007, 3:35 PM
'Man United have fought back, and that is why the Premiership is the best league in the world'.

If thats the case Bohs 6-4 win over Rovers in 2001, coming back from 4-1 down proved that the LOI was the best league in the world!

NeilMcD
03/05/2007, 3:38 PM
You just answered your own question there:)

I know thats what I was getting at.

gustavo
03/05/2007, 4:11 PM
I know thats what I was getting at.
Whoops!

Docboy
03/05/2007, 4:16 PM
ooh so because he gets some predictions wrong he's no good??..... so ALL of ye here can get get it right EVETY time??... ive often done the pools and picked the odds on teams and ive NEVER got anything back from it once!. liverpool are sh*ite and thats not debatable look at there league position and what they have won domestically over the years, if the ''champions league'' only let champions in they wouldnt have been in it since the it began, and chelsea should have wiped the ground with them, but it didnt happen on this occasion(and yes i know it didnt happen in the league in jan) but nobody is right in there predictions all the time not even the ''magnificant 3'' on RTE..... what a stupid topic!.

ok why not give your assumptions about various matches coming up and we'll see how well you do...there will defo be some hiccups along the way!

Are you Andy Gray in disguise?...................Or his mate?

OwlsFan
03/05/2007, 4:19 PM
not even the ''magnificant 3'' on RTE.....

Don't get me started. They get things wrong far more often than my mother in law. Giles stated last week that he'd bet his house on Man U getting through :D .

Jebus' point is not just about Gray getting predictions wrong, it's about his bias and myopia when English teams are playing in Europe and the hype of the Premiership. I know he depends on the latter for his living but the former is unprofessional.

gustavo
04/05/2007, 6:10 PM
Anyway back to the point of the thread

Andy Gray is a **** , Discuss.

bennocelt
05/05/2007, 7:00 AM
andy gray is a t wat, i hate it when he criticises the referee way after the incident, by looking at the replays and slow-mo - that way its easy to be critical of a ref

he had his big chance to show what he knows about football when he was linked to the everton job years ago, and turned it down..............chicken

BohsPartisan
05/05/2007, 5:17 PM
he had his big chance to show what he knows about football when he was linked to the everton job years ago, and turned it down..............chicken

Yeah, I think he knew he wouldn't be up to the job. Absolute legend as a player though. Anyone who doubts that should look at the ECWC semi-final of 1985 against Bayern Munich.

DmanDmythDledge
05/05/2007, 5:19 PM
There's a huge difference between analysing and managing.