PDA

View Full Version : 07/02/03 City V Bohs

joe
03/02/2003, 8:15 PM
The final of the eircom under21 League will take place at Turner's Cross on Friday night, February 7th, with a 7.00 pm kick-off as Cork City take on Bohemians.

The Donie Forde
04/02/2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by joe
The final of the eircom under21 League will take place at Turner's Cross on Friday night, February 7th, with a 7.00 pm kick-off as Cork City take on Bohemians.

The semi v Pats was a cracker, and Bohs have a very decent team at this level - possibly the best in the country. I would urge everyone to come along and support Stuart Ashton and the lads. It's a national final, after all, and a chance to see some of the club's 'homegrown' talent also.

Donie

patsh
04/02/2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by The Donie Forde
The semi v Pats was a cracker, and Bohs have a very decent team at this level - possibly the best in the country. I would urge everyone to come along and support Stuart Ashton and the lads. It's a national final, after all, and a chance to see some of the club's 'homegrown' talent also.

Donie
Completely agree. The semi was one of the best games I've seen in a long time, and if Bohs are better than City then they must be a very good side indeed.
It would be great to get a big crowd and make a bit of noise for the lads.

Pat MacGroyne
04/02/2003, 5:45 PM
Is John O Flynn playing??
I heard he was as he is only 19 and does not count as overage

joe
04/02/2003, 8:07 PM
Originally posted by Pat MacGroyne
Is John O Flynn playing??
I heard he was as he is only 19 and does not count as overage

he wouldn't be the only 'first-teamer' in that situation, but the under21s have stuck to their usual squad for the quarter-finals and semi-finals, so I can't see Friday night being any different. The only overage players are likely to be Mark McNulty, John Andrews and Micheal Mulconroy.

Citygirl
05/02/2003, 3:48 PM
as far as i know theres some rule saying that players who have made more than ten first team appearances in a season cant play for the u21s

Shed End John
06/02/2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by joe

Bohs, Bohs, F**k the Bohs
Dirty Dublin B*****ds!!!!

COME ON CITY

Pablo
06/02/2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Shed End John
Dirty Dublin B*****ds!!!!

COME ON CITY

sheer poetry :D

James
06/02/2003, 1:33 PM
pass me some of those grapes there conor if ya dont mind

oooh better not actually, they look a tad sour from where i'm sitting :D

Shed End John
06/02/2003, 2:15 PM
Originally posted by Pablo
sheer poetry :D

Thought you'd like a blast from the past. That one was popular in our Championship winning season of 1992/93. Aaaahhhh.....the memories.
Thanks anyway, Pablo. I always did fancy myself for a Nobel poetry prize!!:D :D

Shed End John
06/02/2003, 2:52 PM
Originally posted by Conor74
I might grudgingly concede that Bohs or City have the SECOND best u21 team around...

You seem to be forgetting just who's in the Final (City) and who ISN'T (Kerry)!!!:D :D :D

joe
06/02/2003, 3:09 PM
Ah, but who finished top of the group of Munster teams, and who got through as a best looooooooooooooooser. Okay, you've had an easier draw since perhaps.....

yeah, away to sligo is way easier than home to mervue :rolleyes:

Shed End John
06/02/2003, 3:15 PM
Originally posted by joe
yeah, away to sligo is way easier than home to mervue :rolleyes:

Well said. Sligo on a freezing cold night, 190+ miles from home. Really easy game to win.:rolleyes: :mad:

joe
06/02/2003, 3:19 PM
Originally posted by Shed End John
Well said. Sligo on a freezing cold night, 190+ miles from home. Really easy game to win.:rolleyes: :mad:

or a freezing cold Sunday afternoon on a pitch that wouldn't even be suitable for chasing eggs, as it was that particular weekend :)

Shed End John
06/02/2003, 3:24 PM
Originally posted by joe
or a freezing cold Sunday afternoon on a pitch that wouldn't even be suitable for chasing eggs, as it was that particular weekend :)

Now, now, don't get me started.:)
The Gloucester match was great entertainment and one of the best days of my life.;) Seriously.

Bernie
06/02/2003, 4:40 PM
Admission for this game

Adults €5.00
Students € 3.00
U12's accompanied are free

There will be a special edition of the match programme 'City Edition' available for the usual € 2.00.

Shed End John
06/02/2003, 4:42 PM
Originally posted by Bernie
Admission for this game

Adults €5.00
Students € 3.00
U12's accompanied are free

There will be a special edition of the match programme 'City Edition' available for the usual € 2.00.

Programme? My, my, aren't we getting professional?:)
Good idea with the pricing policy, get a decent crowd in, hopefully.

James
07/02/2003, 8:57 AM
big deal being made of tonights match (and rightly so)

national athem to be played
teams to line up b4hand and get presented to guest of honour Don Givens
tv coverage from da multichannel

Éanna
07/02/2003, 11:23 AM
WOOHOOO! Come on City!!!!!

joe
09/02/2003, 12:28 PM

I might grudgingly concede that Bohs or City have the SECOND best u21 team around...

and i suppose you were only 'grudgingly' hanging onto the trophy on friday night too :D