PDA

View Full Version : Rams v Athlone

Cici900
02/05/2007, 4:48 PM
What does everybody think about it? Hope we win and keep this run going.
C'mon the Rams!!!!!!!

don ramo
02/05/2007, 6:40 PM
this will tell a bit, athlone are strating to come on form and they were tipped for promotion at the start with the players they bought, but id say our form will make it a win by a goal id say, bit hard to call with there form and ours, hopin for another step up in the attendance with a good turnout for shels, we won that and won again the weekend, i hope the support will increase and come the end of the season were at dundalks heels,:ball: :ball: :ball:

bellavistaman
02/05/2007, 7:34 PM
rams to win 2 nil.

Marco
02/05/2007, 9:46 PM
Hey Lads, hows things, it would be great if the crowd was up on the Shels game, thanks for the many suggestions that u posted recently. What du u think of the new signs, anyone get that flyer that was in the last programme, if u have fill it in as I need it for our new data base, great support for the Shels game, but we need to be more vocal, and flags, nobody seems to bring any flags! The ground is looking great as is the pitch, keep the suggestions coming in, also I need some help with flyers and posters to be put out for the next game, any one interested. Thanks.

The Rebel Ram
02/05/2007, 11:15 PM
Great start for Athlone the first few games but Dunalks 6-2 drubbing kicked the wind out of them. They have gained points the last couple of games but only against Mons and Finn Harps, the bottom two.
Rams have been winning but only just!
Should be tight again but hopefully we can nick an early goal this time and a second not too long after.
2-0, no doubt!
Kildare should hopefully cause Dundalk some problems too. A draw there possibly!

don ramo
03/05/2007, 12:34 AM
Hey Lads, hows things, it would be great if the crowd was up on the Shels game, thanks for the many suggestions that u posted recently. What du u think of the new signs, anyone get that flyer that was in the last programme, if u have fill it in as I need it for our new data base, great support for the Shels game, but we need to be more vocal, and flags, nobody seems to bring any flags! The ground is looking great as is the pitch, keep the suggestions coming in, also I need some help with flyers and posters to be put out for the next game, any one interested. Thanks.

what new signs did you replace the one we didnt like, cause i saw no sign of them last few days, and i hevent seen any at all (bar the one outside fota golf club and just as you come over belvelly bridge)where are they, as for the fliers i actually didnt get a program last game been meaning to get down to the club to get one but ive been busy, i walked in the gate at the shels game looked in the corner by the turnstiles from the seaon ticket entrance and no sign of a program seller, a first, dunno if he went to get more our what but i wanst trackin him down

MojoPin
03/05/2007, 1:25 AM

ill give ya a hand given out flyers if u need it but i wont be able to do it at the game as im working this weekend.......

Battery Rover
03/05/2007, 10:09 AM
Think we might be looking at a 2-2 draw for this one.

Lavine(2 goals) and McT(2 goals)are playing really well as a unit and creating plenty of scoring chances between them. This will provide a good test for your defence.

Our midfield is pretty strong with Byrne, Gavin(2 goals), Heffernan(1 goal), Harty likely to start.

The main problem we have at the moment is that we are playing a centre half at right full and he tends to drift infield on occasions but it is happening less often as the matches progress.

In Danny O'Leary we probably have the best goal keeper in the division.

Our bench is strong as well with O'Dowd(3 goals) all scored coming on as a sub and McGee(2 goals) unable to hold down a starting position

Probable starting 11

O'Leary
Frawley
Sheridan
Hope
Casey
Heffernan
Harty
Gavin
Byrne
Lavine
McTiernan

Big loss for this match is that Ian Rossiter is suspended and would have definitely been in Athlones starting 11.

Looking forward to the match and hopefully a result from it.

thegafferman
03/05/2007, 4:03 PM
ther were three programme sellers at the season ticket gate i nearly fell over them when did you come in

don ramo
03/05/2007, 4:26 PM
ther were three programme sellers at the season ticket gate i nearly fell over them when did you come in

around 5 minutes before the game there were people givin out pfai programs for free but no match programs, not a big deal first time it happened and i wouldn't have said anything had marco not asked about the fliers

Rams Mc 7
04/05/2007, 7:07 AM
marco,the reason we have no flags is because you cant buy them anywhere,we had a few small ones before which we got made ourselves.if the club were to sell them in the club shop then people would buy them..your only hope really is to take a trip to villa park;) ;)

Rams Mc 7
04/05/2007, 7:15 AM
rams to win 2 0..they have some handy players tough..our defence will need to play very well to keep out Mcteirnan and eric lavine..Mcteirnan seems to have a good record against us...........come on the super rams.have a feelin to that kildare might take points off dundalk.they have come on latley

thegafferman
04/05/2007, 9:22 AM
wil take a one nil now .... so far this season the table tells the difference between last yrs... GOALS CONCEEDED........so a clean sheet will do the trick.. we are also getting the rub with the late winners but fergie and jose will tell you its fitness and concentration...but we had that last season as well .... no mattter what the sport is .... you have to have a little luck to help you on your way...the harder you practice ..the luckier you get.

MojoPin
04/05/2007, 10:39 AM
its gonna be a tough tough game on sat night. athlone are a side that have not reached their potential this year and i can see them near the business end of the table come november.... lets just hope we sniff out a win this weekend before they start their climb up the table... and that mctiernan always scores against us.....

bellavistaman
04/05/2007, 12:15 PM
marco,the reason we have no flags is because you cant buy them anywhere,we had a few small ones before which we got made ourselves.if the club were to sell them in the club shop then people would buy them..your only hope really is to take a trip to villa park;) ;)

exactly i said it before two or three times on this forum, its a disgrace the way we cant get a flag from the club shop, surely every supporter would buy a decent sized flag, we all want to have the bit of colour to support the team.

Rams Mc 7
04/05/2007, 12:30 PM
well siad bellavista man..i totally agree with ya....

MojoPin
04/05/2007, 12:53 PM
yes bellavistaman great point lets just home marco reads this and does teh business... or is he off booking more clowns ha ha ha only jokin lads.... we need more merchandise....... some polo shirts, jackets, hats scarves everything....

Rambler1
04/05/2007, 1:17 PM
Hey Lads, hows things, it would be great if the crowd was up on the Shels game, thanks for the many suggestions that u posted recently. What du u think of the new signs, anyone get that flyer that was in the last programme, if u have fill it in as I need it for our new data base, great support for the Shels game, but we need to be more vocal, and flags, nobody seems to bring any flags! The ground is looking great as is the pitch, keep the suggestions coming in, also I need some help with flyers and posters to be put out for the next game, any one interested. Thanks.Yes, saw the one last night on the carrigtwohill roundabout. Looks good and big and professional. Great that we are starting to position them a bit further out too as before they only started at Belvelly. Hopefully we can get them as far as midleton eventually and get a couple of Midleton lads on the panel also. We would double our support... good work marco

don ramo
04/05/2007, 2:12 PM
yes bellavistaman great point lets just home marco reads this and does teh business... or is he off booking more clowns ha ha ha only jokin lads.... we need more merchandise....... some polo shirts, jackets, hats scarves everything....

polo shirts are available in fanatics, any club merchandise will be in fanactics, i think they have jackets not 100% on that, but i went to buy an away jersey there a few weeks ago and asked if i could get the Aura sign on the sleeve as he did the teams jerseys and he said it was for the first team only, i thought a sponsors paid to be on replicas also,

MojoPin
04/05/2007, 2:15 PM
ill have to get me one of them polo shirts

Marco
05/05/2007, 1:23 PM
Flags and other stuff are on the TO DO LIST! read my notes in the programme tonught and u will see what I'm up ta, need more help with signs etc to put them out, just doing it myself, I will have a fan survey flyer ready for the next home game against Wexford, and more signs will be on the way. Keep the ideas coming in, I am orgamising a new match poster, an idea would be to have it in the shape of the club jersey! hopefully we will have some hot food stalls for the Wexford game, steak sambos etc! It would be great to do the buisness again 2nite and put pressure on Waterford on Tuesday night. Thanks for all your suggestions.

Marco
05/05/2007, 1:26 PM
We are talking about getting more stock for the club shop, do you know that some Sunderland fans emailed us and say some fans wearing Cobh Ramblers Polo shirts at one of the games and wanted to buy some! but first we must look after our own fans. Flags, pennants etc are on the shopping list....

MojoPin
05/05/2007, 2:46 PM
good good all great ideas marco. keep up the good work..

Cici900
05/05/2007, 4:42 PM
Good stuff about the sunderland fans as well we are spreadin a lot
:) :)

The Rebel Ram
07/05/2007, 4:17 PM
Flags and other stuff are on the TO DO LIST! read my notes in the programme tonught and u will see what I'm up ta, need more help with signs etc to put them out, just doing it myself, I will have a fan survey flyer ready for the next home game against Wexford, and more signs will be on the way. Keep the ideas coming in, I am orgamising a new match poster, an idea would be to have it in the shape of the club jersey! hopefully we will have some hot food stalls for the Wexford game, steak sambos etc! It would be great to do the buisness again 2nite and put pressure on Waterford on Tuesday night. Thanks for all your suggestions.

Super work you are doing Marco, it is really starting to show with the attendances too. Keep it up.

The Rebel Ram
07/05/2007, 4:18 PM
ill have to get me one of them polo shirts

Got one last week in Fanatics, only €20, great value!

MojoPin
07/05/2007, 4:23 PM
Super work you are doing Marco, it is really starting to show with the attendances too. Keep it up.

i think attendances are poor to be honest.... 600 is a great number but i feel the club has the best opportunity it has ever had now to attract that extra 400 to games 1000 every second week would me excellent...

the club is 2nd in the leauge after playing a whole series of games its time to roll out the big guns in the form of advertising. people wll come if they feel the team have a genuine chance of mounting a title/ promotion challenge

on another note the builders of the stand are back tomorrow...6 weeks from tomoorw stand will be open..

don ramo
07/05/2007, 4:49 PM
on another note the builders of the stand are back tomorrow...6 weeks from tomoorw stand will be open..

thats great but i wouldnt bother puttin time and dates on it as we've given up with the false promises i just know it will be completed but its doesn't boter me anymore and the commitee is makin it worse by putin it back and back and back, to be honest they have just erased the gloss from a great thing and fair deuce to them for sorting it all out and it's a big step dont get me wrong it jsut could have been better handled then it was

i heard sunderland may be the playing for the official opening of the stand, on a basis that citys schedual may get to packed to get them in, heres hopin, a very very long shot in city givin up that game tho.