PDA

View Full Version : John o'Flynn may leave City this week....

Pablo
03/02/2003, 1:36 PM
in a loan deal to Peterborough, untill the end of the season. According to the radio( not sure which station it was) its just till the end of the season and is part of the Murray deal

eoinh
03/02/2003, 1:44 PM
i hope not.

ironic or what?

eoinh
03/02/2003, 1:45 PM
wait now, he cant.

its outside the transfer period. it would have had to happen in january

Pablo
03/02/2003, 1:47 PM
there is some rule that allows loan deals....e.g. Richie Partridge at Coventry.

Hope it dont happen though

dalo
03/02/2003, 2:40 PM
Originally posted by Pablo
in a loan deal to Peterborough, untill the end of the season. According to the radio( not sure which station it was) its just till the end of the season and is part of the Murray deal

there is one way out of this. a couple of us intercept john o'flynn at cork airport bundle him into the back of my car and take him to a safehouse in the north of the city. then he can't leave cork and will surely thank us for showing him the error of his ways.

you aren't going john wheather you like it or not:D

Pablo
03/02/2003, 2:50 PM
A safe house on the north side? is there such a thing? :)

Gary
03/02/2003, 6:09 PM
Originally posted by eoinh

ironic or what?

I think it would be bloody hilariuos, as they were foolish enough to leave him go for free.

the only worry id have is that he would have no break in about 18 months, or judging by his record in England, he may get injured.

eoinh
03/02/2003, 7:30 PM
Originally posted by Pablo
its just till the end of the season and is part of the Murray deal

there season ends in mid/late may.

ours starts in early april/end march (warm up games)

what are we supposed to do? wait till he comes back knackered from a full season and ask him to play on while he misses the first 8/9 games of our season.

i heard also that the season coming up is also a semi-transition season and there will be a good few mid-week games in the first few weeks. we need him for all our games and the entire season.

A face
03/02/2003, 8:37 PM
Originally posted by eoinh
the season coming up is also a semi-transition season

No ..... It is a full season, the summer soccer season, two short season (which we have had) and then full seasons except on the other side of the year.

Has there been changes planned, please confirm someone.

eoinh
03/02/2003, 8:58 PM
Originally posted by A face

Has there been changes planned, please confirm someone.

youre right this is a full season but it is also a semi-transition season.
the normal will be be february to the end of late october.
however last season is still going on (play-offs at the moment).
if you had an april to october season that would be a six month break during the off season, which would be silly and you couldnt sustain a professional league with a six month lay-off.
this season will see a lot of mid-week matchs to get all the games in (all played in the first few months of the season ).
i dont think there will be a league cup this season either.
so, 2004 sees the first 9- 10 month season. not 2003.
from 2004 no football in november, january and most of february.

Éanna
03/02/2003, 11:54 PM
according to gunther in todays sun barry fry asked about taking him on loan, not knowing the irish season started again in april and when he was told that, the matter was left :)

dalo
04/02/2003, 8:57 AM
so he is not going at all?

pete
04/02/2003, 9:11 AM
In future the summer season will be March-late October/early November. I think it starting a bit later in April this year cos this season finished ended later than originally planned.

Could this John O'Flynn loan be an attempt to get someone else to pay his wages for a couple of months?

Barry Fry would surely look a bit stupid taking back a player on loan he released (for whatever financial reasons) the previous summer?

patsh
04/02/2003, 9:46 AM
Did it not say in the programme for the UCD game that J O'F had signed an extension to his CCFC contract?
That was official, so how can he be leaving ???

niamh
04/02/2003, 11:20 AM
Eh.. he would not be leaving. it is a loan deal that is being mentioned here. He would still be a CCFC player.

eoinh
04/02/2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by niamh
Eh.. he would not be leaving. it is a loan deal that is being mentioned here. He would still be a CCFC player.

go on, you know what would happen. o flynn goes over and scores ten goals. peterborough offer £100,000 and bang we never see him again.

they are morons for letting him go in the first place though.

niamh
04/02/2003, 11:44 AM
Unlikely until the season is officially over cause of the transfer window, but I get your point and would tend to think that way meself.

patsh
04/02/2003, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by niamh
Well the thread title is John o'Flynn may leave City this week...hence my post..

Gary
04/02/2003, 12:31 PM
Um, i think that was to kinda evoke our interest and then have the joke of the on loan thingy.

you know like, puuuuuuurrrre wordplay like!