PDA

View Full Version : TV3's EL Coverage for next season

TheSeagullsNest
03/02/2003, 12:37 PM
Does anyone know how many games thier going to cover ?

Jaime
05/02/2003, 5:35 PM
No, but one would have to hope that it would be more than two.

Colm
05/02/2003, 6:26 PM
I think the deal is that they must show a minimum of 20 games over 4 seasons.
Having only showed 2 last season, they are left with 18 to show over the next 3 seasons so I assume they will be showing considerably more than 2 games a season from now on.

Shed End John
06/02/2003, 3:58 PM
Originally posted by Colm
I think the deal is that they must show a minimum of 20 games over 4 seasons.
Having only showed 2 last season, they are left with 18 to show over the next 3 seasons so I assume they will be showing considerably more than 2 games a season from now on.

By definition, they'll have to!!;)

EireBadBoy
10/02/2003, 8:46 AM
And mebbe they might have the Highlights on a bit earlier!!:rolleyes:

UCD_4_Life
10/02/2003, 5:33 PM
Originally posted by EireBadBoy
And mebbe they might have the Highlights on a bit earlier!!:rolleyes:

I'm not bothered about the time, I just wish they'd at least have a camera at every Premier Division game and at least one of the Division One games.

fosterdollar
10/02/2003, 5:34 PM
thats true but an earlier time would suit most i think also

an 'rock'
13/02/2003, 8:37 AM
...I just wish they'd at least have a camera at every Premier Division game...

I'd settle for one game outside the pale with more than one camera at it. The last longford town highlights that I saw didn't bother to show a sending off or the second town goal.:mad: :mad:

Schumi
13/02/2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by an 'rock'
I'd settle for one game outside the pale with more than one camera at it. I don't think they've had more than one camera at any game have they??

Macy
13/02/2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by UCD_4_Life
I just wish they'd at least have a camera at every Premier Division game and at least one of the Division One games.
Whilst I agree, there is nothing to stop Clubs having their own camera's at games - and the clubs that have done this have always got their highlights on eL weekly....

I raised this on the Town site before, as surely the cost of paying for the camera will be off set by increased advertising revenue/ sponsorship that regular national television exposure would/should garantee....

Town had their own camera at most home matches the season before last when there was f*ck all coverage (I assume for training purposes), but last season (with the Flancare sponsorship up for renegogiation as well!!!) they didn't bother...

Clubs can't continually shift the buck, and bearing in mind that TV3 are a commercial station, as opposed to RTE's role as public service boardcaster (sic), they cannot be entirely blamed for making the easy financial choice...

sadloserkid
14/02/2003, 3:15 PM
Yeah we recorded a few games for the club at the start of the 2001/02 season for training. Didn't look too bad I suppose (well about as good as it's possible to make The Jacks look...