View Full Version : Dan Murray

eoinh
03/02/2003, 10:47 AM
http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/story.asp?newsid=3829

James
03/02/2003, 11:19 AM
what we've all know and wished for for weeks

City to complete Murray deal

Cork City Chairman Brian Lennox and Technical Director Liam Murphy will seek to tie up a permanent deal with Peterborough United for centre half Dan Murray this week.
Murray, who was on loan at Turners Cross for much of last season, became a real favourite with the City fans for his muscular defensive displays and a habit of popping up with some crucial goals at the other end as well.
With summer signings John O’Flynn and George O’Callaghan combining well up front, the Cork defence was held up as the side’s weak point, and 20-year-old Murray bolstered that department considerably in his loan stay on Leeside.
Cork are manager-less following the resignation of Liam Murphy after the last league game of the season, but Murphy, in his technical director role, and Lennox will negotiate with Peterborough boss Barry Fry for a permanent deal for Murray.

Gary
03/02/2003, 12:13 PM
just to play devils advocate

But did Murray only look good due to his partner?

niamh
03/02/2003, 12:22 PM
If anything it showed he could cope with working in difficult circumstances! He is a solid defender and it is good news to hear.

Éanna
03/02/2003, 11:29 PM
it was in the Sun today as well. Apparently Fry was inquiring bout taking oflynn on loan for rest of the season

fonzi
04/02/2003, 8:35 AM
no.
i believe murray had to clean up EVERYTHING at the back since hes come into the squad.
deccie has had to rely on him too much and murray has been playing out of position cause of this.

mouldymurphy
04/02/2003, 8:56 AM
Originally posted by GWA
just to play devils advocate

But did Murray only look good due to his partner?
if anything another good center back would make him look class imagine not having to worry about decies mistakes

Pablo
04/02/2003, 9:04 AM
Originally posted by mouldymurphy
if anything another good center back would make him look class imagine not having to worry about decies mistakes

Napier Anyone?

pete
04/02/2003, 9:18 AM
Murrays been marking 2 forwards a game since his arrival while Deccie looked on as sweeper.

:eek:

niamh
04/02/2003, 9:34 AM
Ah in fairness, Decy did more than just "watch". He tried to run around a bit, and it is the effort that counts....

fonzi
04/02/2003, 10:25 AM
nope.effort may be compleatle bollo*s .the line between effort and abilty is quite large and if deccie is just running on steam and some effort, well thats just not good enough anymore.
he's still cr*p though.

niamh
04/02/2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by fonzi
nope.effort may be compleatle bollo*s .the line between effort and abilty is quite large and if deccie is just running on steam and some effort, well thats just not good enough anymore.
he's still cr*p though.

sometimes when I am in a funny humour, I tend to be a wee little bit sarcastic...look there I go again.