PDA

View Full Version : Reynolds to be a Rover?

kempes
03/02/2003, 9:55 AM
the Sun is reporting today that "Alan Reynolds will join Shamrock Rovers in a shock move". It says that Waterford wanted him too, but the European footie swung it in favour of Rovers.

This is the first I have heard of us being after him ...

koh

Kempes

eoinh
03/02/2003, 10:06 AM
if thats true, it means he simply wants to leave city. Why is that so?

could it be Rico is coming with full time professional plans and reynolds doesnt want to give up his job, or is that stupid?

Btw whats the guy from Preston like, any good?

Ali-G
03/02/2003, 10:59 AM
sounds kinda strange. The talk on here last week that it was City or Waterford, as he has a job in dungarvan, and a child there too. A move to Rovers sounds like even more disruption to his everyday life. If ye do get him, ye have the best footballer in Ireland.

Gary
03/02/2003, 11:28 AM
It would be a disaster if he left, let alone go to the bloody scum.

Would he be the greatest hate character we have ever had then i wonder?

patsh
03/02/2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by GWA
It would be a disaster if he left, let alone go to the bloody scum.

Well, I thought he was our best player this year and, while disappointed, would have understood if he went back to Waterford.
If he goes to any other club, then f*ck him and he is the worst judas ever.

Gary
03/02/2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by oddboy
Well, would have understood if he went back to Waterford.

Id say thats the same with everyone!

niamh
03/02/2003, 12:24 PM
Read a few days ago that he was thinking about what he would be doing over the next few days.
Nothing was sorted and after the season he has just had with City, of course other clubs would be interested.

Xlex
03/02/2003, 3:10 PM
Originally posted by GWA

Do I need to say anything???

Colm
03/02/2003, 5:32 PM
Originally posted by GWA

Would he be the greatest hate character we have ever had then i wonder? He'd certainly be up there. Nobody wanted him to leave but when we thought he was going back to Waterford i.e. his home town we understood.
However, why would he want to leave City to go to a joke of a club like SRFC. He is not going to better himself in anyway, they are an inferior side and wouldnt pay higher wages, so whats the reason.

If he does go to Rovers I think he will turn into one of the biggest hate figures ever. The kind of receptions Pat Morley, Billy Woods or Ollie Cahill got when they played against City will be nothing compared to the reception he would get if he playing for Rovers imo.

Éanna
03/02/2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
Well, I thought he was our best player this year and, while disappointed, would have understood if he went back to Waterford.
If he goes to any other club, then f*ck him and he is the worst judas ever.
agree 100% If he goes to the scum he'll get roasted and rightly so

Xlex
04/02/2003, 8:37 AM
Originally posted by Colm
Pat Morley, Billy Woods or Ollie Cahill

I can't understand why the l@nger would become a bigger hate figure than the likes of Ollie... 1 season as opposed to 7 seasons??? Surely you would have felt Ollie deserved loyalty more than Rennie...( the thug)

niamh
04/02/2003, 9:42 AM
Is disappointing after keeping JOF if Reynolds would move on with so much talk about him going home, but he has done it before so why should we be surprised?