PDA

View Full Version : Managerial Fashion

JC_GUFC
01/05/2007, 12:48 PM
This issue was touched on very briefly on eL weekly lasat night - certain managers in the league are very well dressed in the dugout like Pat Scully, Tony Cousins & Rico with his fisherman's hat.
Whereas you have a situation where Sean Connor wears pyjamas in the dugout and the less said about Paul Doolin's "leggings" the better.

Do Doolin and Connor have no shame?!?! :)

Jerry The Saint
01/05/2007, 1:15 PM
This issue was touched on very briefly on eL weekly lasat night

Keely has his number

Sean's obviously started doing his shopping on Meath St. Tracksuit bottoms - 3 for a fiver

:D

TheBoss
01/05/2007, 1:49 PM
Did Connor's tracksuit bottoms only reach as far as he socks ?

galwayhoop
01/05/2007, 2:19 PM
Did Connor's tracksuit bottoms only reach as far as he socks ?

Yes it appears that MC Hammer was in fact about 4 inches taller than Connor making the 'TracksuitPance' look even more hidious than when the 80's Rapper wore them!!!!!

Blue Man
01/05/2007, 2:22 PM
Stephen Henderson at Cobh was always pretty sharp

Dodge
01/05/2007, 2:35 PM
past tense? What happened? Cut backs lead to tracksuits? How long before he reaches Bohs level of poverty?

Our manager wears his free club tracksuit with pride. I long for the the days we see sense like the GAA and make them wear tops with Banisteor (sp) written on the back

Jerry The Saint
01/05/2007, 2:40 PM
past tense? What happened? Cut backs lead to tracksuits? How long before he reaches Bohs level of poverty?

Our manager wears his free club tracksuit with pride. I long for the the days we see sense like the GAA and make them wear tops with Banisteor (sp) written on the back

With Ozo as 'Maor Uisce' (now that there's no market for the Rocketman any more)

WeAreRovers
01/05/2007, 2:43 PM
certain managers in the league are very well dressed in the dugout like Pat Scully, Tony Cousins & Rico with his fisherman's hat.

It's always important to be dressed well at Rovers as those 3 Hoops mentioned above prove. Sean Connor is a scruff managing a scruffy club. All's well with the world. ;)

KOH

Jaime
01/05/2007, 2:52 PM
I find the sporty look is no harm :)

Connor might be overcooking it a little though. :(

Soper
01/05/2007, 2:54 PM
Connor looks like he is getting into character for his temporary christmas job as an elf. Perhaps he is being watched by scouts?

Schumi
01/05/2007, 2:57 PM
It's always important to be dressed well at Rovers as those 3 Hoops mentioned above prove. True, Roddy Collins always tried to dress well too.

passerrby
01/05/2007, 3:13 PM
if they went naked you could see them thinking

BohsFans
01/05/2007, 3:17 PM
if they went naked you could see them thinking

:D :D

Funny!! :D

Celdrog
01/05/2007, 4:34 PM
This issue was touched on very briefly on eL weekly lasat night - certain managers in the league are very well dressed in the dugout like Pat Scully, Tony Cousins & Rico with his fisherman's hat.
Whereas you have a situation where Sean Connor wears pyjamas in the dugout and the less said about Paul Doolin's "leggings" the better.
Do Doolin and Connor have no shame?!?! :)
Prefer watching the game myself but, hey, if you want, the Drogs dugout is near the away fans in United Park.Feel free to look but no touching :D :D

pete
01/05/2007, 5:54 PM
I think Sean Connor really did bring the standards back to the 80s with his "outfit".

Personally I think Managers to dress in a suit as gives them a bit of authority. Its fine for coaches & other support staff to wear tracksuits but managers need to be above that.

Dolan got a bit predictable with the waistcoats (he seems to have abandoned them now he slimed a bit) Rico has his own individual style which i suppose reflects his age.

BTW does Fenlon live in a tracksuit? He was on Dublin-Cork flight with Ryanair last year & he must have been dressed head to tow in Umbro freebies.

Dodge
01/05/2007, 6:07 PM
BTW does Fenlon live in a tracksuit? He was on Dublin-Cork flight with Ryanair last year & he must have been dressed head to tow in Umbro freebies.

In fairness he hadn't been paid in a year

Da Real Rover
01/05/2007, 7:20 PM

Bet Olly asked him to stop in the duty free for a few smokes.

don ramo
01/05/2007, 7:27 PM
Stephen Henderson at Cobh was always pretty sharp

dunno he has his moments, but mostly he'd be well dressed, the tan add to the illusion:D

NavanBohs
01/05/2007, 8:42 PM
Introducing...

The brand new...

Sean Connor range of managerial wear (http://www.mtv.com/shared/media/news/images/s/Slipknot/sq-red_jumpsuits-rrr.jpg)
:cool:

GavinZac
01/05/2007, 8:46 PM
Introducing...

The brand new...

Sean Connor range of managerial wear (http://www.mtv.com/shared/media/news/images/s/Slipknot/sq-red_jumpsuits-rrr.jpg)
:cool:

wow, bosco has gotten tall

BohsPartisan
01/05/2007, 9:37 PM
wow, bosco has gotten tall

Bosco is a Bohsfan,
He loves the number 5...

Footsoldier
01/05/2007, 10:20 PM
Mick Wallace's pink polo shirt is quite unique! Although he did change it to orange for the All-Ireland last weekend and everyone was stunned:p

Bluebeard
02/05/2007, 7:33 AM
Mick Wallace's pink polo shirt is quite unique! Although he did change it to orange for the All-Ireland last weekend and everyone was stunned:p

Frighteningly enough, I was told about him changing to an orange polo shirt over here in London by someone who has virtually no interest in football - that means it must be news!

Paraic
02/05/2007, 8:59 AM
RTE Northern Ed, and Sligo Rovers supporter, Tommie Gorman tells a good story from the Lawrie Sanchez days. Sanchez always dressed impeccably on the touchline, sports jacket, slack and sharp shoes, and it paid dividends away to Bruges in the Cup Winners cup in 95 when he was allowed on to the pitch to deal with one of the injuries because the referee apparently mistook him to be the club doctor :)

passerrby
02/05/2007, 9:16 AM
billy bagster once says Im like the captain of the titanic sinking but well dressed

sligoman
03/05/2007, 8:58 AM
Sean Connor bought his trousers as part of the Santa suit in Lidl, cost a fiver.