PDA

View Full Version : Mons

Magicme
30/04/2007, 9:05 AM
How come you have changed the game from the Sunday to the Friday?

Good job my hotel was booked for Friday to Sunday nites isnt it!!

passinginterest
30/04/2007, 11:37 AM
Floodlights arrived and installed ahead of schedule. I guess that's the reason. Lucky alright. Guess they didn't think anyone would have travel planned in advance. I'm sure Mr. Wallace would have compensated you :)

monutdfc
30/04/2007, 11:39 AM
Aw no, it would have been easier to persuade the missus that we were going to the beach on a Sunday!

Magicme
08/05/2007, 10:42 AM
Why dont you take her down and stay in hotel we are stayin in on Friday nite and go to the beach etc on Sat? B&B at Danby is €50 for 2 adults and Ciara is so small they wont even charge her!

passinginterest
08/05/2007, 3:47 PM
Time to start the predictions for this one I suppose.
Monaghan unlucky not to have any wins so far. Struggling to score goals but not conceding many either.
We haven't been scoring freely either so it's likely to be a real tough slog of a game.
I'd hope we can nick it 1-0.
Having said that I wouldn't be surprised if it's a 4-4 end to end thriller :)

Magicme
09/05/2007, 4:38 PM
I know its not far from N11 but can someone give me exact directions. Will be driving down friday afternoon so hope am in good time.

monutdfc
09/05/2007, 4:57 PM
Was going to save the planet by taking the train and scabbing a lift back but there's one at 13.35 and the next one is at 18.37.

I'm voting Green!

Magicme
09/05/2007, 5:02 PM
You could possibly get the team bus since they have to pick up half the team in Dublin anyways!

Give cack a ring to find out what time the bus is going at or give James a buzz. Think he is going on bus too.

passinginterest
09/05/2007, 5:11 PM
I know its not far from N11 but can someone give me exact directions. Will be driving down friday afternoon so hope am in good time.

The directions on the website (http://www.wexfordyouthsfc.ie/map.html) are not bad.

They have some nice little sign posts along the N11 now too, plus you can see the floodlights for miles around so should be no bother to find.

If your coming down the M50 I'd say allow at least 2.5 - 3 hours from the toll bridge to Wexford on a Friday evening. If traffic is not bad it can be done in less than 2 hours from there.

Magicme
09/05/2007, 5:14 PM
Well hope to be on M50 by bout half 2 so should have plenty of time! Thanks for that Passinginterest!

monutdfc
09/05/2007, 5:18 PM
You could possibly get the team bus since they have to pick up half the team in Dublin anyways!

Give cack a ring to find out what time the bus is going at or give James a buzz. Think he is going on bus too.
They'll be going too early - I have to work until 5

brokenstar
10/05/2007, 7:32 AM
I'll take the draw, but a 1 - 0 win will be a sweet start to the weekend! :D

Magicme
10/05/2007, 8:59 AM
Our club coach has guaranteed me that we will win on Friday! I soooo want to believe him!

ForzaWexford
10/05/2007, 4:54 PM
Marty Kelly is carrying a slight knock I think and has been rested for this one.

I'm gonna have a stab at 1-1.

brokenstar
11/05/2007, 7:18 AM
Heard that Forza. Stuuy Lawlor was hoping to be back for this one too, after being back in training again. Still not 100% so will be sitting this one out too.

wexman
11/05/2007, 2:28 PM
monaghan i believe are missing up 2 six players they are bottom of league we are at home we should win but will we? :confused:

passinginterest
11/05/2007, 4:39 PM
monaghan i believe are missing up 2 six players they are bottom of league we are at home we should win but will we? :confused:

I can see where your coming from but I honestly don't think we should be expected to win any game this season, regardless of the opposition. Every point is a bonus and a pleasant surprise as far as I'm concerned. Let's not forget there was people who follow the Eircom league predicting we'd go through the entire season without a win.

Lower you expectations a bit Wexman. Monaghan are not a bad side, they're unlucky to be bottom. We might just beat them but I'd take a draw if it was offered to me. Make no mistake they will win games this seaon, I just hope it doesn't start tonight.

I'm not going to make it down tonight. Might go to Bohs - Longford up here. Good luck to the lads. And make some noise! :D :ball:

new blue
11/05/2007, 11:05 PM
3-2
Good comeback by Youths
On top in second half should certainly have drawn!
Good game - crowd not as big as usual

Thunder-WYFC
12/05/2007, 9:21 AM
For once it was actually an entertaining game!Pity about the result do.Nice to see that one of the strikers has finally got the finger out.Thaught Sinnott and Malone were class also

ForzaWexford
12/05/2007, 1:04 PM
Couldn't make this one but looks like the early goals killed us. Good to see Colfer scoring 2 though!

brokenstar
13/05/2007, 12:01 AM
Didn't make it myself either lads, but it seems it was the same old story again, the slow start and the strong finish. I think passinginterest hit the nail on the head earlier when he said that Mons are performing well below their standard. I'm not too disheartened by this because Colfer got off the mark in style and hopefully it's the start of him hitting the net on a regular basis, cos we all know he's quality.

From the reports i've heard, the only thing that concerns me is Shane Dunphy being in goal. Maybe the reports are inaccurate and i'm open to correction, but i heard he had an absolute howler in this game. If this is true, this ain't the first game he's cost us. Jason Russell is badly missed, but even more so if this is the case to be honest.

Footsoldier
13/05/2007, 6:30 PM
Yeah. Slow start and 1-0 down inside 2 mins. Shoddy defending. Colfer's first goal was a beauty. I didn't see that much of the second goal but was jumping around like a mad yoke when it went in! We hit the post aswell at 2-2.
I think Dunphy's only fault is that he's a legend in his own mind! He shouts at his defenders to clear when they haven't a chance of getting to the ball and his calling for balls is terrible. The winner came from him staying on his line and when the ball came in, it was no more than 3 yards out. Why am I not surprised?:mad:

brokenstar
13/05/2007, 8:38 PM
I heard the same thing footsoldier. Apparently Timmy Bolger heard Dunphy call for the ball at one stage and so obviously left it go... when he turned around, the ball was in the back of the net and Dunphy was still on his f*ckin line!! His command of the area leaves alot to be desired. There's talk of Jason Russell starting back in goal next Sat. Let's hope its true!

Footsoldier
13/05/2007, 11:08 PM
Lets light some candles for the safe return of JR :D

new blue
13/05/2007, 11:38 PM
Great heart shown by the team to come back again from 2 nil down.
It's a little harsh putting all the blame on Dunpny who is no Shay Given but does some very good work. There were about 14 players out there!!
He does need to swallow a large bottle of cop-on and he might learn a little more about his blind spots.
Most people thought we would be hammered but a point a game might not be too bad for our first season with all local players most of whom would not have been given a chance at any other LOI club.
This is a marathon and not a sprint so lets tear into Cobh and keep the show on the road.

passinginterest
14/05/2007, 2:43 PM
Got a similar report form my Dad. Dunphy hesitant and making calls for balls then not moving. Poor enough first half but very encouraging second half. Overall unlucky not to take something from the game. I think we'll start picking up some good results again soon.

Any estimate of the crowd? Heard it was much smaller than usual, pictures on the website look like stand only about half full. Maybe around 800?

Is Friday night football a bad thing for Wexford Youths? Smaller than expected crowd against Shels and another big drop for Monaghan...

Sunny Jim
14/05/2007, 4:11 PM
I'd say the crowd was nearer the 600 mark. It was lashing rain all day which probably kept people away. And if Dunphy is the second best keeper in Wexford, then we're in trouble.

Magicme
15/05/2007, 11:23 AM
Hi people. Just back from a wonderful weekend in your county with my kids. Friday nite set the weekend off to a good start and I have to say I was well impressed with the ground. In fact I felt positively scruffy in jeans in such a glamourous clubhouse! It was nicer than our hotel (which was very nice too!) and the people you have around your club are a credit to you. I even picked out of Wallace Jnr & instead of him giving me a typically teenage glare, he smiled!

Good luck to you with the continuing developments there and I hope that it becomes our lucky ground & we leave with 3 points from there every time!

p.s. Alvin loved the jeering u gave him everytime he went to kick out, he is such a showman and loves the attention so thanks for making him play better!:D

Footsoldier
15/05/2007, 12:42 PM
Yeah, he seemed to be enjoying himself alright. The one time we didn't give him grief, he ended up on his arse! No justice :D

Magicme
15/05/2007, 12:44 PM
Its strange how goalies tend to be lunatics, my youngest son (also a total nutter) is a great goalie and wants to play in nets all the time. Must be some kinda goalie/nutter gene.

Magicme
15/05/2007, 12:45 PM
Oi footsoldier.....why didnt u come say hello? I always talk to strange people!

Footsoldier
16/05/2007, 6:08 PM
I wasn't allowed. It would have affected my recovery and rehabilatation into society:p

Magicme
16/05/2007, 8:33 PM
Very true. Cant have that so! I was talkin to a rather dishy man who was telling me about his adventures in Monaghan when he came up to our game, do u know him?

Footsoldier
17/05/2007, 5:26 PM
Ehhhhhh..... no!

Magicme
18/05/2007, 10:11 AM
Ehhhhhh..... no!

dam how can I start my Wexford Youth stalking without any info! :D