PDA

View Full Version : US Tour (Tickets, travel etc)

theworm2345
30/04/2007, 12:11 AM
How are people planning on getting there?

If anyone here would want to go in for a cab from Mansfield to Foxboro for the "Boston" game please tell me, I'm going to see if there is anyway to make this cheaper (right now it $20 round trip from Providence Airport to the train station, $4 round trip for the T from Providence to Mansfield, ~$40 round trip from Mansfield to Foxboro. Basically $64 :()

(I say "Boston" because its 45 minutes away from Boston)

billybunter
30/04/2007, 2:25 AM
anyone planning on attending games in New York / Boston?. Currently living in Florida and am looking to get up to both games. Nevada Smith's in New york is a prime boozer, and hopefully will run a package deal out to the meadowlands for the game.
to many quality boozers in Boston, but the Blackthorn in Southie is a good soccer bar.
who's in?

slow2anger
30/04/2007, 12:28 PM
anyone planning on attending games in New York / Boston?. Currently living in Florida and am looking to get up to both games. Nevada Smith's in New york is a prime boozer, and hopefully will run a package deal out to the meadowlands for the game.
to many quality boozers in Boston, but the Blackthorn in Southie is a good soccer bar.
who's in?

Going over for both with a mate, let me know if there are any packages from any of the boozers in NYC or Boston.

NY Hoop
30/04/2007, 2:06 PM
Keep away from Nevada's. People drinking there would have no interest in the national side. English football is all they live for.

There should be buses running from Port Authority.

Last time buses ran from the Irish Embassy pub on Friend St, Boston. If memory serves they also have a hostel.

KOH

paul_oshea
30/04/2007, 2:20 PM
a mate of mine in boston was looking for tickets any ideas? i told him im pretty sure they would be on sale outside or whatever but does anyone know?

SuperDave
30/04/2007, 7:27 PM
a mate of mine in boston was looking for tickets any ideas? i told him im pretty sure they would be on sale outside or whatever but does anyone know?

Foxboro holds about 75,000 and there is no big Ecuadorian community about. So no bother, I'd think. Try ticketmaster.com or call the ever helpful FAI ticket office (and I'm not being sarcastic. They're one small part of the organisation that at least try to do a decent job).

billybunter
01/05/2007, 1:43 AM
we're playing bolivia in boston (Equador game is in ny). The game in boston is supposed to be a doubleheader game with the new england revolution playing in the mls. considering the revs pull in about 12 - 14 thousand,and of all the south american communities the bolivian one is about the smallest tickets shoud not be a problem. I'm pretty sure most of the irish bars in south boston will run buses (beer on board for $20- $30 return was the deal back in june of 2001 on that miserable night when we tied the usa 1-1 - and the power failed for 20 minutes in the second half!).
ticketmaster is selling the tickets, so keep an eye out there. the equador game is already being sold there.

billybunter
01/05/2007, 1:51 AM
hoop - which irish speaking bar will you be enjoying a pre-game pint in? nevada's is a decent football themed bar. Unfortunatley one of the risks drinking in such a bar in the united states is you run the risk of running into fellow foreigners (yes, including english) who enjoy the football culture of a few pints, a good laugh, and watch (hopefully) a good game. While I appreciate your love for the league of Ireland, you need to quit bashing everyone else who has an affinity for an english team. I personally have supported man united since 1979, and while that makes me evil in your book, i feel just as qualified to support the republic in whatever way i choose. nevada smiths is a super bar, and they do run good deals for games - which to be honest, is one of the things I look for as a consumer. Are the NY branch of the Shamrock rovers supporters clubs running any specials that I should consider?
:)

danonion
01/05/2007, 2:51 AM
I might drive from Sunnyside/Woodside area to the game (no boozing for me sadly). If anyone's interested in a lift PM me

NY Hoop
01/05/2007, 11:21 AM
hoop - which irish speaking bar will you be enjoying a pre-game pint in? nevada's is a decent football themed bar. Unfortunatley one of the risks drinking in such a bar in the united states is you run the risk of running into fellow foreigners (yes, including english) who enjoy the football culture of a few pints, a good laugh, and watch (hopefully) a good game. While I appreciate your love for the league of Ireland, you need to quit bashing everyone else who has an affinity for an english team. I personally have supported man united since 1979, and while that makes me evil in your book, i feel just as qualified to support the republic in whatever way i choose. nevada smiths is a super bar, and they do run good deals for games - which to be honest, is one of the things I look for as a consumer. Are the NY branch of the Shamrock rovers supporters clubs running any specials that I should consider?
:)

Evil? Hardly. If you're english you can support any english side you want. I'm not english so therefore tend to stay away from bars anywhere that have drunken paddies screaming at tv screens at one english team playing another.

Watching football in a bar is not football culture. Ever watch a movie called Beyond the Promised Land? If so you'll appreciate why I'll be giving that bar a very wide permanent berth.

NY branch of Rovers SC will not be running any specials as there are very strict on drinking and driving there:D

However the Boston branch will be running a special from Southie early on the saturday.

Also the last Ireland game in Boston was in June 2000 when a Mexican linesman robbed us.

KOH

Metrostars
01/05/2007, 8:32 PM
Dont forget that the Ecuador game (7:30EST) is the same day as the CL final.

slow2anger
02/05/2007, 3:58 PM
Bolivia tickets on sale 3rd May:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/01003E5CC927C5B6

REVOLUTION DOUBLEHEADER
IRELAND V BOLIVIA 4PM
REVS V WIZARDS 6:30PM
GILLETTE STADIUM
SAT MAY 26, 2007

Ash
08/05/2007, 1:25 PM
Are many from here heading over to the games in USA?
I was thinking about it but dont think I can get the time away.

Galway Brian (from Mayo) was also thinking about it but was doubtful
last time I was talking to him

paul_oshea
08/05/2007, 1:28 PM
would love to too, but for the reason you said above and more importantly money at the moment impossible to afford it at the mo unfortunately. id say it would be good craic over there.

Kivlehan
08/05/2007, 1:28 PM
I'll be there. Just a two hour car ride for me. :)

(Giants Stadium that is)

NY Hoop
08/05/2007, 2:04 PM
Are many from here heading over to the games in USA?
I was thinking about it but dont think I can get the time away.

Galway Brian (from Mayo) was also thinking about it but was doubtful
last time I was talking to him

Just onto him there. He wont be going. Instead he's off to hitchhike around Iceland:D

Looking forward to the trip.

KOH

TerryPhelan
08/05/2007, 2:16 PM
Lads, apologies if this has already been stated but will RTÉ or any Irish channel be televising live coverage of the US Tour matches? Or will we be treated to extended highlights instead?

Thanks and apologies if this has already been answered elsewhere!:ball:

Paulie
08/05/2007, 2:31 PM
Lads, apologies if this has already been stated but will RTÉ or any Irish channel be televising live coverage of the US Tour matches? Or will we be treated to extended highlights instead?

Thanks and apologies if this has already been answered elsewhere!:ball:

RTE have the first game live with deferred coverage of the second game. However, Sky are showing the second game live.

Ash
08/05/2007, 2:35 PM
Just onto him there. He wont be going. Instead he's off to hitchhike around Iceland:D

Looking forward to the trip.

KOH

Last I was chatting to him he was wondering if
John Delaney could get him diplomatic immunity over there :D

ollie
08/05/2007, 2:39 PM
I'll probably drive to it. Handiest option really i'd say especially from Brighton.

Metrostars
09/05/2007, 1:29 PM
I'll be at Giants Stadium