PDA

View Full Version : How many clubs have shops in Town/City centre?

RedX
29/04/2007, 12:54 PM
Cork City FC opened a new club shop in Daunt Square in the City centre yesterday morning..how many more clubs have shops in there Town/City centre's?..how many clubs have shops in the pipeline with a view to opening new premises?...it would be great to see as many as possible....

The Man Himself
29/04/2007, 1:02 PM
waterford united have one in barrack street. (city center) and patrick street (city center)

we have 2:p

and were thinking of opening a few in england, 1 in the trafford center in manchester and 1 in the bullring in birningham :D

Navandrog
29/04/2007, 1:07 PM
Drogheda have the Drogs Shop on Shop Street in the town:)

pete
29/04/2007, 1:10 PM
Drogs Shop

I like the name. :p

dcfcsteve
29/04/2007, 1:13 PM
City have one on the edge of the town centre.

Didn't we do this thread about 2 months ago ?

Tis-smeee
29/04/2007, 2:11 PM
We did but its just cork fans grandstanding, probably hoping no-one else had the vision of the mighty professionalism of Cork City, suppose ye can get squad numbers in there too

RedX
29/04/2007, 2:39 PM
We did but its just cork fans grandstanding, probably hoping no-one else had the vision of the mighty professionalism of Cork City, suppose ye can get squad numbers in there too

Listen to yourself...did it ever occur to you that someone might actually be interested in knowing how other clubs are doing...grandstanding?..whats that all about?..if you cant post a sensible reply stay off the thread...:rolleyes:

In reply to Steve...i did not see that other thread if it was done...maybe there might be other posters on here that might not have either?...;)

Anyway back on topic...

Great to see so many shops opening around the country...what about Galway Utd?...

BohsPartisan
29/04/2007, 2:41 PM
I like the name. :p

The name above the shop door is actualy Madam Le Worthy's and its a room upstairs in a newsagents! :D

Tis-smeee
29/04/2007, 2:53 PM
Well then our two are open a long time if`you thought i went off topic sorry

ndrog
29/04/2007, 9:12 PM
The name above the shop door is actualy Madam Le Worthy's and its a room upstairs in a newsagents! :D

Yeah its not as good as bohs super shop .Oh wait you dont have one do you :rolleyes:

khoop
29/04/2007, 9:21 PM
Central - No.

We couldn't afford the Grafton Street rent.

The best shop - Yes.

Check out the online department:
http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/srfcshop/

BohsPartisan
30/04/2007, 7:59 AM
Yeah its not as good as bohs super shop .Oh wait you dont have one do you :rolleyes:
At least next year we know we'll have a club! :p

We couldn't pay the rent on a shop in in Dublin. Possibly when we move to Harristown we'll open one in Phibsboro to keep a presence in the area. I'd like to see it happen anyway.

McShels
30/04/2007, 8:06 AM
There was a similar topic on the shels forum a good while back and at the time I said that with the FAI taking over the league one of the areas they should explore was opening an Eircom League/Ireland shop where you could get all EL club's jersies as well as the Irish international jersey.

Dodge
30/04/2007, 8:07 AM
Pats have a shop in Inchicore. Thats our town centre

Magicme
30/04/2007, 8:09 AM
We have a stall in the Shopping Centre every sat selling the Lotto & some merch is usually on display so you can order stuff.

Anyway would rather if the Drogs called theirs the "Drogs Store" so that all us hepcats could go order milkshakes & dance to some Bill Haley on the dukebox.

sorry.

BohsPartisan
30/04/2007, 8:12 AM
We have a stall in the Shopping Centre every sat selling the Lotto & some merch is usually on display so you can order stuff.

Anyway would rather if the Drogs called theirs the "Drogs Store" so that all us hepcats could go order milkshakes & dance to some Bill Haley on the dukebox.

sorry.

Your coat madame? :o

mr.untitled
30/04/2007, 8:43 AM
[QUOTE=BohsPartisan;675710]At least next year we know we'll have a club! :p

on the offchance that you dont, you could always support your local club :)

BohsPartisan
30/04/2007, 8:57 AM
on the offchance that you dont, you could always support your local club :)

Its an act of treason for a Navan man to support Drogheda. ;)

dcfcsteve
30/04/2007, 9:31 AM

sorry.

What's a Hep Cat ? Is that a feline with Aids......? :D

galwayhoop
30/04/2007, 3:52 PM
Great to see so many shops opening around the country...what about Galway Utd?...

if it's a serious question then No there is not a GUFC high street shop. not unlike the shamrock rovers supporter who said the rent would be just too damn expensive!

we do occasionally, usually around christmas, have a stall in the shopping centre but unfortunately no full time shop. however if they were giving points toward promotion last season for having one then i'm sure we would have had one ;)

RedX
30/04/2007, 3:57 PM
if it's a serious question then No there is not a GUFC high street shop. not unlike the shamrock rovers supporter who said the rent would be just too damn expensive!

we do occasionally, usually around christmas, have a stall in the shopping centre but unfortunately no full time shop. however if they were giving points toward promotion last season for having one then i'm sure we would have had one ;)

Of course its a serious question?..

Its important clubs like Galway have shops in the City centre also...i hope that does not sound patronising as its not meant that way...but Galway like Cork City/Waterford/Limerick and many others have probably more potential than most and it should be used right...from what i have heard Galway have come a long way in the last two seasons and i would not be surprised if a new club shop was in the making also in the next year...hopefully says you..

Paddyfield
30/04/2007, 7:38 PM

Actually there is a new shop in the Eyre Square shopping centre called GALWAY SPORTS selling merchandide for Galway United FC and Connacht Rugby. No premier**** garbage here.

Conor H
30/04/2007, 8:08 PM
Yes GUFC have a shop in the Eyre Square centre.

Over 50% of the gear in there is UTD merchandise.

Also GUST run a merchandise stand at xmas time and the off season.

Galwayhoop who's this "we"?I don't remember you standing there for 7 hours on end.

superfrank
30/04/2007, 8:08 PM
Bray have their shop in the ground. Imo, that really makes more sense but whatever floats your boat.

I know the Lifestyle up on the Main Street sells el jerseys but it seems Rovers ones are the only ones in demand these days. :(

Navandrog
30/04/2007, 10:03 PM
Its an act of treason for a Navan man to support Drogheda. ;)

Well the Drogs are the pride of the North East:D :D

dcfcsteve
01/05/2007, 1:07 AM
Well the Drogs are the pride of the North East:D :D

Drogheda's in the East, ya partitionist.......! :)

LeviathanNI
01/05/2007, 1:13 AM
We have an outlet on the Shankill Road.. but most of our merchandise is sold by the club shop, JJB and Lifestyle sports.. anywhere that stocks Umbro I think as well.

BohsPartisan
01/05/2007, 7:50 AM
We have an outlet on the Shankill Road.. but most of our merchandise is sold by the club shop, JJB and Lifestyle sports.. anywhere that stocks Umbro I think as well.

Incidently I was in Fort William in the Scottish highlands quite recently and was in a sports shop where the only jerseys they had were Celtic, Rep. Of Ireland and wait for it...

LINFIELD!
Whats the story with that?

galwayhoop
01/05/2007, 9:04 AM
Galwayhoop who's this "we"?I don't remember you standing there for 7 hours on end.

'we' as in the club**. don't worry i'm not stealing your thunder on this one. although with the lonesome soilder nature of the 7 hour statement i'm surprisesd you didn't say in the freezing cold or driving rain!!!

haven't been in to the eyre sq centre shop either. amazing that gufc and connacht rugby can share a shop but are unable to sort out fixture times so they don't clash (or has this been sorted also???).

** with the nature of this thread being about club shops i had presumed that a reference to 'we' would imply a club's involvement with a particular shop and not refer to the individual who owned or operated the shop. for example I can only assume that LeviathanNI is not the operater of the shop on the shankill road (although he could be, the assumption is that he is not).

dcfcsteve
01/05/2007, 9:44 AM
Incidently I was in Fort William in the Scottish highlands quite recently and was in a sports shop where the only jerseys they had were Celtic, Rep. Of Ireland and wait for it...

LINFIELD!
Whats the story with that?

You should've looked above the door on your way in. It was Oxfam..... :D

Only messin'. Truth is, it was part of a cuiltural exchange. The North got their poor, sick and unemployable 400 years ago. They got a pile of Linfield jersies. Seems we got the better deal......

:p

Conor H
01/05/2007, 11:00 AM
'we' as in the club**. don't worry i'm not stealing your thunder on this one. although with the lonesome soilder nature of the 7 hour statement i'm surprisesd you didn't say in the freezing cold or driving rain!!!

haven't been in to the eyre sq centre shop either. amazing that gufc and connacht rugby can share a shop but are unable to sort out fixture times so they don't clash (or has this been sorted also???).

** with the nature of this thread being about club shops i had presumed that a reference to 'we' would imply a club's involvement with a particular shop and not refer to the individual who owned or operated the shop. for example I can only assume that LeviathanNI is not the operater of the shop on the shankill road (although he could be, the assumption is that he is not).

Once again Ghoop you're wrong.

"We" is not the Club.

It's the Supporters Trust who run the Merchandise stands in the Shopping Centre,therefore you saying "we" is incorrect,considering it's the same few every week who do it.

We do have an outlet in the Eyre Square though,as mentioned previously.It's owned by the same person who runs the Club official shop.

galwayhoop
01/05/2007, 11:06 AM
Once again Ghoop you're wrong.

"We" is not the Club.

It's the Supporters Trust who run the Merchandise stands in the Shopping Centre,therefore you saying "we" is incorrect,considering it's the same few every week who do it.

We do have an outlet in the Eyre Square though,as mentioned previously.It's owned by the same person who runs the Club official shop.

do you want a medal?

it matters not to me who runs it i was merely answering a query from the cork fan earlier about if there was a GUFC shop or not.

Lim till i die
01/05/2007, 11:19 AM
do you want a medal?

Obviously ;)

Anybody any feedback on how well these shops do??

General feeling here is that anyone with enough interest in Limerick to want a jersey will either be going to the games or knows someone who goes to the games

I realise thats a pretty small-time attitude but was just curious if in other clubs experiences the extra sold makes up for rent and stuff. Lot of clubs on pretty tight budgets

Conor H
01/05/2007, 12:10 PM
Obviously ;)

Anybody any feedback on how well these shops do??

General feeling here is that anyone with enough interest in Limerick to want a jersey will either be going to the games or knows someone who goes to the games

I realise thats a pretty small-time attitude but was just curious if in other clubs experiences the extra sold makes up for rent and stuff. Lot of clubs on pretty tight budgets

To put in perspective LTID we made over E3500 in a day in the Galway Shopping Centre one Saturday.

The jersey's sell like mad aswell during the summer to the Tourists.They're definitely worth it here anyway.

As for galwayhoop-there's obviously no hope for you.

Lim till i die
01/05/2007, 12:19 PM
To put in perspective LTID we made over E3500 in a day in the Galway Shopping Centre one Saturday.

Any idea of the average though. I mean our wage bill is only about two thirds of that so........

I think there's talk of a market stall, ably manned by myself and a few others :p

I'd say water bourne parasites aside ye definitely have an advantage over us on the tourist front though

galwayhoop
01/05/2007, 2:02 PM
As for galwayhoop-there's obviously no hope for you.

Get down off your moral hobby horse Conor.

I made a comment about GUFC having a stand in the shopping centre when it now appears it is run by GUST. Big deal. I didn't claim to stand at the stall selling jerseys for 7 hours at a time (I quiet frankly have neither the time, patience nor want to do such things). If you think someone is looking to steal your thunder then don't point your marbles in my direction if you don't mind.

Your protestations of your own supposed great amounts of unrewarded volunteerism are tedious. If you do it for the good of the club, as claimed, then you should feel no need to shout about it. However if you do feel the need to tell everyone about it .........

Conor H
01/05/2007, 2:09 PM
Any idea of the average though. I mean our wage bill is only about two thirds of that so........

I think there's talk of a market stall, ably manned by myself and a few others :p

I'd say water bourne parasites aside ye definitely have an advantage over us on the tourist front though

On Average it's hard to say really.Definitely some days were quiter than most....worst was about E150 one day.I'd say on average we took in about E750 every weekend.But,there were some weekends where we took in a considerably greater amount and vice versa.
Also our stand is pretty much a market stall aswell.It's definitely worth going for it.

Get down off your moral hobby horse Conor.

I made a comment about GUFC having a stand in the shopping centre when it now appears it is run by GUST. Big deal. I didn't claim to stand at the stall selling jerseys for 7 hours at a time (I quiet frankly have neither the time, patience nor want to do such things). If you think someone is looking to steal your thunder then don't point your marbles in my direction if you don't mind.

Your protestations of your own supposed great amounts of unrewarded volunteerism are tedious. If you do it for the good of the club, as claimed, then you should feel no need to shout about it. However if you do feel the need to tell everyone about it .........

:rolleyes:Good man.

paudie
01/05/2007, 2:46 PM

The jersey's sell like mad aswell during the summer to the Tourists.They're definitely worth it here anyway.

It was only when the previous Cork City shop opened on Patrick St that it occured to me that a lot of sales might be to tourists. It was smack in the city centre and had a nice display and the shop itself was well organised.

I could certainly imagine tourists with no interest or knowledge of City buying baseball caps or possibly jerseys.

Galway would be a big tourist venue as well. Might be worth Limerick considering having a stall/shop at weekends/summer to see if wealthy Yanks might be prepared to buy some well presented Blues tat;)

corbyeire
01/05/2007, 3:02 PM
apparently the deceased Dublin City sold a good few jerseys from the chain of Carrols paddywackery shops

Lim till i die
01/05/2007, 4:54 PM
apparently the deceased Dublin City sold a good few jerseys from the chain of Carrols paddywackery shops

Sadloserkid from the Limerick forum bought one to his eternal shame but a few months ago :eek: :p

Also our stand is pretty much a market stall aswell.It's definitely worth going for it.

Much Obliged