PDA

View Full Version : bray 0-1 galway

bray boy
28/04/2007, 9:04 AM
simply a disgrace.No wonder no fans turn up any more.watching the match yesterday was horrible,it was depressing.I have never seen such a poor game the quality was schoolboy.both teams were horrible.if we keep up playin like this we could be looking at relegation.With respect to galway but i mean really we shouldnt be losing to them should we???a trip to longford now doesnt look so easy......

superfrank
28/04/2007, 9:54 AM
Horrible performance by the most last night. Gouhger had a shocker, thank God he's banned now. The lads just didn't seem to want it that much. Cawley, Caffo, Foxy, Daz and Deans were the only ones who seemed to try. And Delaney until he got injured. Hope that's not too serious.

Big improvements needed in the squad for next weeks game. With all respect to Galway it's a game we should've won. But if they had had a better finisher it would've been worse.

Seagull
28/04/2007, 10:14 AM
Does Gormley know what he's doing? Gough has been very poor in every game I've seen so far- he doesn't win tackles and can't pass the ball for nuts, but Caffo is left sitting on the bench. In first half stoppage time, Gough received a throw-in to his feet and toe bogged it into the stand. Shocking. We struggle to score goals but Franco can't get a look-in? Horrendous 'defending' for the Galway goal (and throughout). Wanderers are prime relegation candidates after that performance, they should be ashamed- people pay good money to watch sh1te like that...:mad:

mightyseagull
28/04/2007, 11:40 AM
Is it me or are there less and less supporters coming to home games. Suppose its not really surprising considering last nights peformane. No defence no strikers no hope.Why aint caffo starting?Why aint franco starting? Lift it GREEN ARMY:mad: :mad: :mad:

Conor H
28/04/2007, 11:59 AM
We haven't got an out and out striker.
If we had we could have had 4 or 5 last night.having said that Rogers made 2 really good saves in the 1st half and i was sure that header in the last minute was going in.

Bray,like us,are poor up front and are going to struggle.But ye have beaten Bohs and drawn with Cork so it's not all doom and gloom.

Thanks to Superfrank and the Bray Wanders Supporters Club,Terry O Neill in particular,for the reception they gave us and the momento.

Green&whitearmy
28/04/2007, 12:04 PM
It was shocking, it was very depressing to watch. Well people dont come down as they know they will just be watching sh!te week in week out. Do the players actually care, do they want to win for the club or are they just there for the wages??? If they want to play like that I'm pretty sure some lower Leinster Senior League might want them, they would not even get into my team and we're poor. And as for Gougher another bad game, but a full back playing centre mid doesnt help, the way he's playing he would not get his game for a team in the Wicklow League. Where's caffo, where's kenny, where's franco, williams etc????????? Come on Eddie, lets get it sorted!!!!!!!!

Eoingull
29/04/2007, 2:43 PM
Man, that's a bad one...what's going on? Franco still isn't starting...what's that all about? I thought we learned our lessons re Franco last season, ie he's too good to be keeping on the bench as a luxury substitute...he HAS to start!

Hulsey
29/04/2007, 3:05 PM
Gough was and has been since joining pure sh!te! His only contributions I can remember were to hand 2 goals to Rovers and get sent off! And his first booking on friday was made even stupider by the fact the ball was rolling when the free was taken before he blocked it, so the ball would have been pulled back for a re-take anyway. No suprise we seemed to play better with him gone. Eddie get it together and drop this waster and get Caffo in!!!

jonboy
30/04/2007, 9:40 AM
saw franco on the bench friday nodding his head in disgust at gormley, is eddie losing the plot our best striker over the last 2 seasons on the bench!!! anyone got any ideas????? is he saving him for the relegation battle???

BrayUnknowns
30/04/2007, 10:05 AM
Lads, did anybody see Franco play against Bohs in the League Cup game ? truely horrific preformance, he was like a schoolboy trying to play against men... Caffo needs to start though, he is one of our most creative midfield players to really drives forward to support the front 2.

we are creating enough chances in these games, were just not finishing them, which would point the finger at our strikers. Rogers pulled off about 4 or 5 quality saves as well and we hit the bar and the post, on another night we could have had 5 or 6 even though it was a poor preformance. Most of Galways chances came from shots from well outside the box.

As for Skippy, shocking ! how he let the ball go through his hands and then legs is beyond me. Williams to start against Longford please.

Great to hear the Bray fans welcome Weso back to the Carlisle.

jonboy
30/04/2007, 12:00 PM
Lads, did anybody see Franco play against Bohs in the League Cup game ? truely horrific preformance, he was like a schoolboy trying to play against men... Caffo needs to start though, he is one of our most creative midfield players to really drives forward to support the front 2.

we are creating enough chances in these games, were just not finishing them, which would point the finger at our strikers. Rogers pulled off about 4 or 5 quality saves as well and we hit the bar and the post, on another night we could have had 5 or 6 even though it was a poor preformance. Most of Galways chances came from shots from well outside the box.

As for Skippy, shocking ! how he let the ball go through his hands and then legs is beyond me. Williams to start against Longford please.

Great to hear the Bray fans welcome Weso back to the Carlisle.

1 bad performance and he's left out??? sorry but i disagree about the game we were poor, against the poorest side i've seen this year, georgescu can score goals and thats what we need, end of story ,no point in talking about chances we had or should have scored, if we keep talking like that we will be bottom before you know it, i'm 36 yrs of age and have been goin to games in bray for the last 15yrs since i moved there, can safely say there has been no improvement in the last 3 years in terms of performance. hate to say it but after seeing friday we will struggle again this year unless the manager makes some brave decisions in terms of team selection

braysnumber1
30/04/2007, 12:54 PM
absolute shocking performance from the lads on friday night. i really hope eddie gets his act together. the performance has got to be improved or we'l finish bottom of the table. we seem to up are game for the bigger teams and against the smaller ones we seem to f*ck up all the time. as for gough, what a joke - playing out of position and playing ****e and still eddie keeps him on. in my opinion if eddie wants to play gough, play him at full back (his better position) and play tresson in the middle of the park

BrayUnknowns
30/04/2007, 1:50 PM
1 bad performance and he's left out??? sorry but i disagree about the game we were poor, against the poorest side i've seen this year, georgescu can score goals and thats what we need, end of story ,no point in talking about chances we had or should have scored, if we keep talking like that we will be bottom before you know it, i'm 36 yrs of age and have been goin to games in bray for the last 15yrs since i moved there, can safely say there has been no improvement in the last 3 years in terms of performance. hate to say it but after seeing friday we will struggle again this year unless the manager makes some brave decisions in terms of team selection

I didn't say we werent poor on Friday though, we were shocking ! what i said was that we created enough chances to win the match but our strikers didn't take them. Franco would not have stood a chance on Friday up against Wes, not a chance ! sure jesus he had Foxy marked out of the whole game and he the same size as big Wes, putting Franco in against that would have been a big mistake.

BrayUnknowns
30/04/2007, 1:57 PM
absolute shocking performance from the lads on friday night. i really hope eddie gets his act together. the performance has got to be improved or we'l finish bottom of the table. we seem to up are game for the bigger teams and against the smaller ones we seem to f*ck up all the time. as for gough, what a joke - playing out of position and playing ****e and still eddie keeps him on. in my opinion if eddie wants to play gough, play him at full back (his better position) and play tresson in the middle of the park

Agree with you about Gough - should be played at right back if picked, but in saying that he had very good games up in Derry, home to Bohs and away to Waterford in the centre of the park. Tresson hasn't got the legs to play centre midfield anymore so shouldn't be an option there unless were stuck, keep him at right back, his experience their is vital. For me in midfield, it needs to be Caffo (creative and gets forward) and Hurley (defensive and ball winning), Cawley on the right and Duggan on the left.

Up front is were our main problem is..... If Franco is to play he needs to be more of an attacking midfielder - i.e running from deep at defenders with support...

Stevo Da Gull
30/04/2007, 3:45 PM
The Galway game - painfull stuff:( I honestly hate singelling players out but Gough will obviously be dissapionted with himself at the moment.

We clearly have a problem with scoring goals, I reckon that as long as Caffo and Cawley are in midfield we will create chances, Foxy and Dunphy have been playing well and doing their bit for the team but neither are prolific goalscorers - i guess Eddie will have to try a few different things up front, I'd like to see Franco get a run of games, O'Shea, Broderick and McCabe could all be given a go and if we still don't have a front two delivering goals after giving those players a run then obviously we would need to bring in a new striker before long.
BTW is Gavin Doyle still involved?

Come on the Wandereres in Longford, a big performance and 3 points there would be a huge lift.:ball:

mightyseagull
30/04/2007, 8:43 PM
i heard that eddie told franco he doesnt deserve to wear the bray jersey. anyone any light to shed on this??????????

superfrank
30/04/2007, 9:20 PM
First I've heard.

pdebruin
01/05/2007, 9:41 AM
Is it me or are there less and less supporters coming to home games. Suppose its not really surprising considering last nights peformane. No defence no strikers no hope.Why aint caffo starting?Why aint franco starting? Lift it GREEN ARMY:mad: :mad: :mad:

A bit late, I know but in response to this: I was at the match on Friday, and talked a few friends and relatives into going as well, with the promise of a good night out. By games end everyone was wondering how I could put myself through this every other week, shocking performance, no passion, little skill, all in all a very poor show. It is safe to say that I will have a hard time convincing prospective new fans to attend games, and the regular (or semi-regular) fans will find something more entertaining to do of a Friday evening.

I agree Franco should be playing, and would have done no worse against Wes.
Who knows, if we had played the ball into his feet a smaller striker can give big central defenders different types of problems.

BrayUnknowns
01/05/2007, 9:49 AM
The Galway game - painfull stuff:( I honestly hate singelling players out but Gough will obviously be dissapionted with himself at the moment.

We clearly have a problem with scoring goals, I reckon that as long as Caffo and Cawley are in midfield we will create chances, Foxy and Dunphy have been playing well and doing their bit for the team but neither are prolific goalscorers - i guess Eddie will have to try a few different things up front, I'd like to see Franco get a run of games, O'Shea, Broderick and McCabe could all be given a go and if we still don't have a front two delivering goals after giving those players a run then obviously we would need to bring in a new striker before long.
BTW is Gavin Doyle still involved?

Come on the Wandereres in Longford, a big performance and 3 points there would be a huge lift.:ball:

Gavin Doyle was in the same boat as Cawley (3 club rule), will be coming back to us when the window opens up

jonboy
01/05/2007, 12:35 PM
i heard that eddie told franco he doesnt deserve to wear the bray jersey. anyone any light to shed on this??????????

if anyone was at the cork game during the warm up himself and eddie were having a barney at the corner flag at the car park end about 15 mins before the game

Stevo Da Gull
03/05/2007, 3:14 PM
Gavin Doyle was in the same boat as Cawley (3 club rule), will be coming back to us when the window opens up

Cheers.

if anyone was at the cork game during the warm up himself and eddie were having a barney at the corner flag at the car park end about 15 mins before the game

Ah jaysus, hope there's nothing in it, there's arguements at every club but hopefully that's not the reason Franco's outta the team. We gotta all pull in the same direction to progress.

Hulsey
03/05/2007, 10:51 PM
Ah jaysus, hope there's nothing in it, there's arguements at every club but hopefully that's not the reason Franco's outta the team. We gotta all pull in the same direction to progress.

And if it is heres hoping Eddie and Gough have an arguement :D

lowflyingseagul
04/05/2007, 11:29 AM
i was at the away UCD game and was standing beside the dug out. eddie gave franco a hard time for being off-side and at one point called him over and said 'don't fvcking be off-side one more time, you are killing us out there' and then put him on the right wing with about 10 mins to go