PDA

View Full Version : Liam George

fonzi
30/01/2003, 11:13 AM
heard that he has been let go.
i wonder if this is the guy shels are after?
would be nice if city were intrested though.
any thoughts on this fella?

dalo
30/01/2003, 11:34 AM
some fall fromgrace for him . he looked like the next big thing 4 years ago.

city just can't compete with the $hels financial clout:mad:

Shed End John
30/01/2003, 2:50 PM
Originally posted by dalo
some fall fromgrace for him . he looked like the next big thing 4 years ago.

Couldn't say a word against that. I wouldn't be too eager to follow this one up. The fall is too big and you'd have to question the player's level of interest in plying his trade domestically.

Dodge
30/01/2003, 3:17 PM
Pats were having a look at him a couple of years ago but apparently his legs are knackered.

Also as he was brought up in the UK, he'd have no inclination to play here. He'd do it for the moeny but we've enough like that

Shame about his injuries though

Shed End John
30/01/2003, 3:22 PM
Originally posted by Dodge
Also as he was brought up in the UK, he'd have no inclination to play here. He'd do it for the moeny but we've enough like that

Agreed. Dobbs, Kabia, Gaynor. Need I go on? These guys are all prime candidates for the CCFC Hall of Shame.

Pablo
30/01/2003, 3:32 PM
Gloria was from Limerick AFAIK

Shed End John
30/01/2003, 3:38 PM
Originally posted by Pablo
Gloria was from Limerick AFAIK

Still spent his career in Britain, came back and showed f***all interest. Makes him EVERY bit as bad, and worse, in my book.

Éanna
31/01/2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Shed End John
Couldn't say a word against that. I wouldn't be too eager to follow this one up. The fall is too big and you'd have to question the player's level of interest in plying his trade domestically.
there was an interview with him in the sun or star back in the summer when he was clubless and he said he would consider looking at the eL with a view to getting a move back over.

dalo
31/01/2003, 8:28 AM
Originally posted by Éanna
there was an interview with him in the sun or star back in the summer when he was clubless and he said he would consider looking at the eL with a view to getting a move back over.

have to agree with shed end john there - wouldn't be sure about taking on Liam george- they guy has been crippled with injuries and getting frees off two clubs ain't good.

actually I see falkirk are letting more of their very promising underage players go- could be worth a look.

sadloserkid
05/02/2003, 8:33 AM
Just confirming that Gaynor is from Limerick and he's a stingy git.

Shelsman
05/02/2003, 4:05 PM
Originally posted by dalo
actually I see falkirk are letting more of their very promising underage players go- could be worth a look.

And are replacing them with washed up players from Drogs?

Shelsman
05/02/2003, 4:07 PM
I'd be in favour of an eL club giving Liam George a run. After all, he did score the winning penalty in the European U-18 finals ( and scored quite a good few goals along the way too ).

Badweather Fan
22/03/2003, 9:04 PM
today says Liam George has gone to St.Pats after receiving the guidance of MISTER kerr.