PDA

View Full Version : Pip Keogh on his way to Longford

TheSeagullsNest
30/01/2003, 11:08 AM
i have it on good word that he should sign by the weekend.
A great addition to your squad and can play in a number of positions. He'll be sorley missed at the carlisle but sure who wants to play 2nd rate football with a 2nd rate team :mad:

Xlex
30/01/2003, 11:41 AM
Whilst been linked to players is a good sign I can't help but wonder why we're in the market for a left back/midfielder as I felt we were well covered in these areas... It might mean we lose Avery/Fergie/Silke or Murph/Dillon... I feel Brian Byrne is good enough for the left side and sufficent cover is available for him in Crowe/Prunty... Maybe Pip Keogh is a handy central midfielder or Alan Matthews is going to stick Avery in the middle pending a signature...

I possibilities are endless if Alan MAtthews makes the splash for a decent left sided player...:confused:

Macy
30/01/2003, 11:53 AM
Have to agree to a certain extent, but is Brian Byrne under contract??

TheSeagullsNest
30/01/2003, 11:55 AM
he can only streghten your squad. He'd be 1st choice in nearly any side in the league. He can play either left full, left midfield or centre midfield.

Xlex
30/01/2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Macy
Have to agree to a certain extent, but is Brian Byrne under contract??

He's either here for two more seasons I think... I doubt if we can hold on to all our players

Xlex
30/01/2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by TheSeagullsNest
or centre midfield.

Excactly what we need... now for one more... but i'd prefer if we got a natural midfielder not just someone who can play there....

Come back Stewie Byrne...

TheSeagullsNest
30/01/2003, 12:07 PM
playing there for us for the past 2 seasons and has been in my view our most consistant player there. He has only been used as cover for left full and very rarely on the left side of midfield, so id say that is his position now.

Xlex
30/01/2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by TheSeagullsNest
playing there for us for the past 2 seasons and has been in my view our most consistant player there. He has only been used as cover for left full and very rarely on the left side of midfield, so id say that is his position now.

pucking nice one... cheers SeagullsNest...

fosterdollar
30/01/2003, 1:51 PM
11playersperteam.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/story.asp?newsid=3770)