PDA

View Full Version : Rico and Hill favourites for Cork post

Éanna
29/01/2003, 3:22 PM
eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/story.asp?newsid=3739)

Former Cork City manager Damien Richardson and current Cobh Ramblers boss Dave Hill have emerged as the front-runners for the manager’s position at Cork, which was vacated by the resignation of Liam Murphy on Sunday.

Richardson has been out of management since parting company with Shamrock Rovers in acrimonious circumstances at the end of the 2001/02 season, and claimed at the time that he would not return to the game in the eircom League.

In the meantime, Richardson, who has also managed Gillingham and Shelbourne, has been concentrating on personal interest, while he has also appeared as a late-night pundit on TV3’s coverage of the Champions League.

It is thought that the passing of time has soothed his misgivings about managing in Ireland, and he is regarded as the warm favourite to take the post, which is expected to become a full-time position.

But he might expect a strong challenge from the former Cork and Bohemians player, Dave Hill, who is approaching the end of a successful season in charge of Cobh Ramblers.

Hill has guided Ramblers through the First Division minefield to a place in the end-of-season promotion/relegation play-offs, sealed with a dramatic last-minute Willie Bruton winner against Galway United last weekend.

Cobh, the rank outsiders of the quartet of teams involved in the play-offs, meet Drogheda United at St Colman’s Park on Wednesday night and in the second leg at O2 Park on Saturday and a good performance from County Cork’s second side could push Hill alongside Richardson in the race for the Turners Cross hotseat.

dalo
29/01/2003, 3:29 PM
ah jez as bad as rico would be hill be dire.

Gary
29/01/2003, 10:23 PM
Yup, after watching Cobh tonight, i finally decided Hill would be a disater. I mean, imagine it, Hill no 1 and Kabia no 2.

And Kabia seems to be able to do no wrong under hill so, we probably have him as a player againa and all!

As for all you saying Gerry McCabe, while Id agree that he could be a great appointment, give me ONE valid reason why he would even want the job.

thecorner
29/01/2003, 11:21 PM
just came up with a name that hasnt been mentioned yet

i reckon mick conroy wouldnt be half bad

your views????????

Neil
30/01/2003, 9:09 AM
Sligo Rovers manager Don O'Riordan is the latest candidate for the Cork City hotspot. O'Riordan joins Damien Richardson, Dave Hill and Pat Devlin in the running. O'Riordan was also linked with the City job after Derek Mountfield was sacked two years ago. Chairman Brian Lennox told the Evening Echo tonight that interviews will be held next week, and that he hopes to have the post filled by the end of February. The 2003 season kicks-off on April 13th.

Colm
30/01/2003, 5:06 PM
Originally posted by GWA
Yup, after watching Cobh tonight, i finally decided Hill would be a disater. I mean, imagine it, Hill no 1 and Kabia no 2.

And Kabia seems to be able to do no wrong under hill so, we probably have him as a player again and all!
Yeah, there is no doubt that if Hill came to City Kabia wouldnt be far behind.

I've seen Kabia play sh!te a good few times over the years and in particular this season. However, I dont think I have ever seen any player put in such a pathetic display as Kabia did last night.