PDA

View Full Version : Wes Charles and Galway visit

pdebruin
26/04/2007, 12:54 PM
With Wes' return to the Carlisle on Friday, I hope he gets the positive reception he deserves.
I for one loved to watch him play, and when he was on top form nobody could beat him, he always popped up with the odd goal or two and was never afraid to carry the ball out, beat people and play football.

I was sorry that we let him go when we did, especially when the team rarely tried to play the type of football that might have suited him more.

superfrank
26/04/2007, 3:36 PM
Great player and he deserves great respect from us for what he did while he was. Looking forward to seeing him play again.

Conor H
26/04/2007, 3:39 PM
A big "Thank you" from GUST aswell to the Bray Wanders Supporters Club who have kindly arranged a meet up with us and will be giving us some sort of momento from Bray at half time.

This is much appreciated and we will certainly repay yere kindness in Foxs when ye visit.

See ye tomorrow.

Hulsey
26/04/2007, 3:55 PM
Wes will get a warm welcome back from any true wanderers fan. The man was a great servent and is a Wanderers Legend. I don't think any of us would say no to having him back at the club

frog-gufc
26/04/2007, 5:27 PM
what wa the reason for letting him go anyway????????

pdebruin
26/04/2007, 6:09 PM
..I was frequently at a loss for a lot of the decisions the club made over that period, a few of the regular posters on here might have a more precise reason, or an insiders take.

As far as I could see though, Wes wasn't his usual self on the pitch, not nearly as effective, whether that was due to lack of fitness, a lack of interest (bray didn't play the most attractive of games) or a dispute with the manager (he was dropped on a number of occasions if i remember correctly)

All I do know is that he was frequently our only candidate for man of the match on an embarrassing number of occasions.

Come back Wes!

Grasshopper 99
26/04/2007, 6:48 PM
A big "Thank you" from GUST aswell to the Bray Wanders Supporters Club who have kindly arranged a meet up with us and will be giving us some sort of momento from Bray at half time.

This is much appreciated and we will certainly repay yere kindness in Foxs when ye visit.

See ye tomorrow.

I take it were meeting you in the hibernia inn over the train tracks???

Conor H
26/04/2007, 11:25 PM
I take it were meeting you in the hibernia inn over the train tracks???

Yes.

We'll be meeting ye in the "hibo" as Superfrank told me.:)

BrayZil
26/04/2007, 11:46 PM
Looking forward to seeing Wes playing in the Carlisle again. I'm sure he'll get a great reception from the Bray Fans. He was loved by everyone in the club. But I suppose maybe the time was right for him to move on. Are many travelling up from Galway?

Conor H
26/04/2007, 11:52 PM
Not a huge crowd after the decent support we had in Dayler only last week.

It's hard to know how many really........anything from 30-60 i'd say.