PDA

View Full Version : Cob H

Ali-G
29/01/2003, 10:47 AM
I reckon I'll head to queenstown to shout for the ramblers tonight. I dont see them winning the play-off's but I reckon they deserve City's support. And I would love to see Drogheda get relegated. Anyone else heading down?

Question: Have City ever played Ramblers in the premier division?

Shed End John
30/01/2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Ali-G
Question: Have City ever played Ramblers in the premier division?

Regular enough around the mid-90's. I even remember going to a derby game and seeing that useless sack of s**t Gaynor score twice.

Ali-G
30/01/2003, 1:03 PM
that was the league cup though, not in the league ???

Real ale Madrid
30/01/2003, 1:25 PM
i remember watch City play Queenstown in bishopstown in the league on a Thursday nite back in Nov 93 i think Rico was manager and Billy woods scored a great goal. johnny C scored as well. That was definitely in the league. Rico resigned shortly after.

dalo
30/01/2003, 1:30 PM
didn't they play in the cup in 1993- i was at it. city won that- great game

Shed End John
30/01/2003, 2:22 PM
Originally posted by Ali-G
that was the league cup though, not in the league ???

Definitely the League. i even remember going to a league match in St. Freezing Park once or twice.

pete
30/01/2003, 4:16 PM
If memory serves me city used to regularily beat the Rambling ones at the cross or Bishopstown. Matches up on the hill at Queenstown were minor wars with tackles flying in & don't think city had the greatest record there.

Shed End John
30/01/2003, 4:19 PM
Originally posted by pete
Matches up on the hill at Queenstown were minor wars with tackles flying in & don't think city had the greatest record there.

You're right there, Pete. The two games I remember attending up there ended in a 1-2 defeat for City (Seán Francis u b***ix!) and a 0-0 draw.