PDA

View Full Version : Shelbourne Game

betweendaposts
25/04/2007, 8:52 AM
The Shelbourne game has been officialy changed to Whitehall on Friday night.
As per the FAI Press office.

Monkfish
25/04/2007, 11:47 AM
...and where am i supposed to get my pin badge now!!!!?

betweendaposts
25/04/2007, 5:42 PM
I'm sure there will be a little shop there for ya.
Their web site was complaining about not making money from shop sales.
So your pin could pick that up a bit

Raheny Red
26/04/2007, 11:34 PM
I reckon 1-1 or a 1-0 away win.

gael353
27/04/2007, 7:46 AM
I reckon 1-1 or a 1-0 away win.

id say a draw as well. 2 2 id go for

KevB76
27/04/2007, 9:03 PM
Result :
Shels 1 - 1 Limerick 37

Anyone see the game - How'd we play ?

LFC Blue
27/04/2007, 9:25 PM
Was it definitely 1-1 because at one stage that joke of an aertel had 2-1 Shels with an 86 min Purcell goal!!!

Terry
27/04/2007, 9:57 PM
1-1, that goal was scored at the pats -v- rovers game. Errortel cant go one week without making a mess !!!

gael353
28/04/2007, 1:41 AM
Very much a game we threw away again. Two points dropped. Shels are poor but some of our desicion making is poorer. When we have a corner can we please put our TALL SLOW central defenders and all other TALL players in the opposing box as to maximise our chances of scoring. Instead of leaving them at the half way line marking tricky wingers etc. Yes this is where shels goal came from, one of our corners! Ref booked two of ours for early fouls but booked none of the shels players for consistant fouling???? Well it is a Kealy team after all! Fyffe played yet was injured but did well. One sub that came on, sweet jesus :rolleyes:
Team: Fyffe, Keady, Purcell, Finnucane, Buckley, Moroney, Hayes, Wall(Molan) Waters, Moran Goldbey (Cosgrove)

Needtoknow
28/04/2007, 2:26 AM
We played well up until they got there goal, but we still had 2 unmissable chances in the last 5 min from 6 yards, unmarked, hit the post with 1 & wide with the other. Brutal finishing. We should have won! Roll on July! :ball:

declan hide
28/04/2007, 7:31 AM
Very much a game we threw away again. Two points dropped. Shels are poor but some of our desicion making is poorer. When we have a corner can we please put our TALL SLOW central defenders and all other TALL players in the opposing box as to maximise our chances of scoring. Instead of leaving them at the half way line marking tricky wingers etc. Yes this is where shels goal came from, one of our corners! Ref booked two of ours for early fouls but booked none of the shels players for consistant fouling???? Well it is a Kealy team after all! Fyffe played yet was injured but did well. One sub that came on, sweet jesus :rolleyes:
Team: Fyffe, Keady, Purcell, Finnucane, Buckley, Moroney, Hayes, Wall(Molan) Waters, Moran Goldbey (Cosgrove)

agree totally that it was two points dropped by us. we played some nice football - passing and moving. joey maloney was excellent first half, faded a bit early second but raised it again before the end. we cud have had four goals in the 2nd half...rossi hit the post with a header and there was two other chances from balls into the box. the shels goal was very soft - kinda like the goal chelsea scored against liverpool the other night.

a decent game of football all in all - and the aertel report calling the match scrappy is wide of the mark.

Raheny Red
28/04/2007, 8:45 AM
I think a draw was a fair result and however Limerick just about edged it IMO. We were the better team in the first half but the amount of goal mouth opportunities they had in the second half proved they could have won it.

gspain
28/04/2007, 5:16 PM
Definitely 2 points dropped. Shels scored when we were a goal up and on top. Same story as Wexford away. We still should have won it at the end although either side could have taken it in th elast half hour.

shelbourne1904
30/04/2007, 8:24 AM
What about the 2 sitters missed on the right post.How did they not score.Rossi was the first whose was the second.Definite 2 points dropped and this division is notorious for the number of draws.Mathematically a series of draws is more damaging than an odd defeat and more wins.

sadloserkid
30/04/2007, 12:39 PM
What about the 2 sitters missed on the right post.How did they not score. Rossi was the first whose was the second.

Not sure but I think Rossi had both chances?