PDA

View Full Version : Season review etc

LFC in Exile
28/01/2003, 12:46 PM
Well, the shortened season is over. Just two short months until it all kicks off again.

What's the general view of last season?

What is the outlook for the coming season of summer football?

Who will stay who will go?

By the way, is there any news on the follow-up meeting with teh committee which was talked about after the Fans Forum last December?

sadloserkid
29/01/2003, 12:02 PM
I think the season has to be viewed as a failure. We started quite well but overall we lost half of our league games and only won two league games at home all season. It's not really good enough.

Summer football? I can't wait! Hope it works out for the league even if it means taking a holiday is now night on impossible unless we get dumped outta the cup early and a free weekend blosoms.

As for who's going. Barry Ryan surely? If it was up to me I'd throw Shane O'Donoghue back to the U-21's for a year and tell him to sort out his weight and learn to stop pulling out of tackles. I think Mannering has earned a contract in the last few weeks but I've a hunch he's gonna be released. Other than that I don't think we'll shed many players, most of the dross (Stokes et al.) have already dropped off and the squad is quite small as it is. Jimmy Fyffe won't be around for much, if any, of next season so finding a keeper is imperative too!