PDA

View Full Version : Rennie back to Waterford

yan
28/01/2003, 10:46 AM
today's sun says that alan reynolds can rejoin waterford united for free as it was in his contract that if murphy left so could he for free!!!!!!!!!!!!

Éanna
28/01/2003, 10:49 AM
ah no :( Terrible news. The guy has been our best player this season IMO, and what will it say about us if he choses waterford over city

Xlex
28/01/2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Éanna
what will it say about us if he choses waterford over city

Boll!x Éanna, He might want to return home to help his home club stay up and you can't say that reflects badly on city... but the sooner ye appoint a new manager the better the chance of ye retaining the scum one's services...

Éanna
28/01/2003, 11:23 AM
Come xlex, you don´t see bobby ryan running off to limerick or colin hawkins going to galway- if we´re going to be challenging the dubs, we´ve got to hold onto the likes of reynolds.

Xlex
28/01/2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Éanna
Come xlex, you don´t see bobby ryan running off to limerick or colin hawkins going to galway- if we´re going to be challenging the dubs, we´ve got to hold onto the likes of reynolds.

And Limerick and Galway* will be playing where next season?? Anyway it's a personal question... Not many would go back but if they got Kirbs and Rennie back together they would be a big boost... I think the pair of boys will make a joint decision... both or neither will go...

fonzi
28/01/2003, 11:46 AM
thats all we need right now one of our more influential midfielders leaving.
i hope lennox can make him stay hes a good player and would be a great loss to city.

Gary
28/01/2003, 12:07 PM
I think it would reflect worse on Reynolds than City. Id imagine that City would defo want him to stay, but if he wants to be involved in a relegation battle, so be it, we certainly have the cover for him in Greg, Benno and Grady.

Id hate to see him go, but if he does, his problem, not ours.

Xlex
28/01/2003, 12:09 PM
At the end of the day, any one club is bigger than any one scumbag....

James
28/01/2003, 12:39 PM
even if the scumbag was joint :D 2nd best player this year for city

yan
28/01/2003, 12:48 PM
IMO what city really need is a patsy like player along rennie in the middle

Neil
28/01/2003, 2:17 PM
Rennie is a huge loss if he goes.
ONE MORE SEASON RENNIE?

dalo
28/01/2003, 2:52 PM
not having a RENNIE in the team is enough to give you indigestion:D

(sorry about that)

Colm
28/01/2003, 3:01 PM
It would be terrible to see Rennie leave but surely he has the sense not to leave. Home town club or no home town club it should not be hard to decide if you want to play for a team that will hopefully be challenging for the league or for a team that will presumably be battling relegation. Surely he's not stupid enough to leave.

pete
28/01/2003, 3:22 PM
I think people are greately infalting Reynolds worth.

He has been good for city this season but not brilliant.

He can be good at directing the play from the middle but also spends too much time on the play sometimes & has a tendency to lose the ball exposing his defense. I also get the impression that he sometimes likes to make things look good as opposed to choosing the best pass.

Ali-G
28/01/2003, 3:37 PM
No way Pete, Reynolds is a footballing genius. My vote for European footbaler of the year.

niamh
28/01/2003, 4:26 PM
The exact words used in the article was that he "has returned" which means it is a big too late for City to do anything.
It is a great loss for City though. He was a good player, as vital to us this year as Conor was last year.

Troy.McClure
29/01/2003, 11:02 AM
Id agree with Pete on this one, but I think that the point that we are missing is that he (like so many other players) went for FREE!

Typical!

PS It would never have happened if Murphy wasnt hounded out ;)

ian
29/01/2003, 12:21 PM
Lads i was talking to him on sunday night and he said that he want"s to go back because he has a child and that he wood like to spend more time with him.So lads he is a good player and the best of luck to him at his home town club.And lads he also works in waterford Cristel so give him a break.But he is going to waterford.

joe
29/01/2003, 2:46 PM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure

PS It would never have happened if Murphy wasnt hounded out ;)

considering how long ago this particular rumour started that must be true!

Snatch
29/01/2003, 4:49 PM
Rennie would be a huge lose to City as he's been just the kind of composed player we've been needing in midfield for years.

My one criticism of him is that he doesn't get forward enough, which is a great lose as he seems to be the only reliable midfielder passer we have.

I still believe that him and Georgie would make the perfectly balanced midfield.

If he was to return to Waterford i certainly wouldn't hold it against him as it is his home town. Imagine if it was the other way around, would you be happy to see a Corkonian stay in Waterford?

dalo
30/01/2003, 1:37 PM
Originally posted by Snatch

, would you be happy to see a Corkonian stay in Waterford?

never stopped jackie morley - the renagade:D

Shed End John
30/01/2003, 2:28 PM
Originally posted by Neil
Rennie is a huge loss if he goes.

Exactly. Rennie was Mr. Reliable during all the games we should have gone under, but didn't eg Rovers @ home (3-2) being a case in point.

NorthoftheLee
31/01/2003, 8:19 AM
reports in the paper this morning saying that he was still making up his mind. His move may not be official yet! Hopefully he'll see the light...they could make him one of the full time pros at the club, then he can quit his job in WAAAAAAterford...:D

joe
31/01/2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by NorthoftheLee
reports in the paper this morning saying that he was still making up his mind. His move may not be official yet! Hopefully he'll see the light...they could make him one of the full time pros at the club, then he can quit his job in WAAAAAAterford...:D

the mirror says he has until today to make up his mind as the transfer window will be closed again

Neil
31/01/2003, 12:34 PM
The man HAS to stay. He's been outstanding this season and we'd be f*cked without him.

PLEASE STAY RENNIE