PDA

View Full Version : Tonights Setanta on-line?

galwayhoop
23/04/2007, 5:45 PM
where would you be able to watch tonights game on-line (or would you)? away from home tonight so won't be able to watch it otherwise

Dodge
23/04/2007, 5:47 PM
If you have eircom broadband, you can watch it on their site

kdjaC
23/04/2007, 5:59 PM
http://setanta-video.eircom.net/eircom/channels/Live.aspx

link

kdjac

galwayhoop
23/04/2007, 6:09 PM
unfortunately i have irish broadband! i reckon it's updates on here for me so!

NavanBohs
23/04/2007, 7:53 PM
I hate when the games are on Setanta, I dont have either it or eircom Broadband :rolleyes:

fbtn
23/04/2007, 7:58 PM
Nil nil half time.

Good enough game. Pats the better side. Very strong wind. Pats were playing into it in the first half. Seems to be large crowd at it with good travelling support from Drogs.

dancinpants
23/04/2007, 9:00 PM
Stuart Byrne missed a peno for Drogs on 90mins

dancinpants
23/04/2007, 9:27 PM
Drogs 1 up through Zayed apparently.

harry crumb
23/04/2007, 9:35 PM
Drogheda by far the better team.

Bradley and Stuey Byrne top class.

except for penalty miss

superfrank
23/04/2007, 9:42 PM
I thought Pats were better in the first half. Drogs were on top in the second but Pats had more chances in the second than Drogs did in the first. Extra time was when Drogs pulled away.

Great game to watch. Best I've seen this season by a long shot.

Graemerz
23/04/2007, 9:48 PM
Drogs into final then?

harry crumb
23/04/2007, 9:48 PM
yeah, really well contested game and plenty of good play.:ball:

Graemerz
23/04/2007, 9:50 PM
Beat them already at United Park, I'm sure we can do it again... Anyway bring on the Rebels first.

Dodge
23/04/2007, 11:32 PM
Thought we were easily on top in first half but we tired very quickly and Drogs came into it. Horrible football from them though.

Saint MacDara
23/04/2007, 11:37 PM
Drogheda by far the better team.

Bradley and Stuey Byrne top class.

except for penalty miss

Eh I dont think so,if you saw the match Pat's were on top in the first half and were slightly better in the second.Created lots of chances but problems finishing.

We lost concentration in extra-time and it cost us the goal.Fair play to Drogs bringing a healthy support and never giving up.

TommyT
23/04/2007, 11:39 PM
Thought we were easily on top in first half but we tired very quickly and Drogs came into it. Horrible football from them though.

Was at the game and thought the same thing, perfect for us with the extra time and all.

TommyT
23/04/2007, 11:40 PM

Was at the game and thought the same thing, perfect for us with the extra time and all.

Ground/pitch look very well.

Hibs4Ever
24/04/2007, 5:32 AM
How on earth do the Drogheda fans watch tha football every week??

Doolin had his 'keeper time wasting in a cup match at 0-0

Woeful team to watch

BohsFans
24/04/2007, 6:28 AM

what have you been watching for the last few years?

Dodge
24/04/2007, 6:58 AM
There's a huge difference between a poor team (ours the last few years) and a team that s packed with talent but wasted by playing hoofball (Doolin's mob). No more than a rich man's Longford

Hibs4Ever
24/04/2007, 7:07 AM

Dodge has answered for me

There's a huge difference between a poor team (ours the last few years) and a team that s packed with talent but wasted by playing hoofball (Doolin's mob). No more than a rich man's Longford

Drogman.
24/04/2007, 8:55 AM

I know its a bitter pill to swallow, but seeing as we had our reserves out and still came away with a win then I think it was a good performance.

Claiming that we played hoofball all night is a but rich coming from you lot. Sure Frost launched the ball everytime he had into the corners, hardly sexy football now is it?

finnpark
24/04/2007, 8:58 AM
As a neutral watching this I thought the football Drogheda played was top class. I cannot see where the hell all the crap on here is coming from. They totally outplayed Pats for large periods of the game and fully deserved the result. Their midfield is awesome.

EireBadBoy
24/04/2007, 9:18 AM
As a neutral watching this I thought the football Drogheda played was top class. I cannot see where the hell all the crap on here is coming from. They totally outplayed Pats for large periods of the game and fully deserved the result. Their midfield is awesome.

I forgot how much youse all loved each other!

MyTown
24/04/2007, 9:23 AM
Again, as a neutral, I thought it was a great game. Both sides wanted it. I thought the difference was that the Pats front men had an off night, given their recent form. Crowd, pitch, atmosphere and ref deserve top marks IMO.

I thought it was a definite penalty when Webb tumbled and I was glad for him that he played through seemingly unscathed from the abuse he suffered over the weekend.

I was surprised Zayed got MOTM. Granted a cracking goal, but for me Keegan and Grant were excellent while I thought Frost, Maguire and the goalie were the most consistent throughout for Pats. Hard for Pats to take a narrow defeat after their purple patch, but I the criticism of Drogs football is unjustified based on what I saw last night.

BTW, do I need to go to Specsavers (again) or were at least some of the Pats lads NOT wearing names on shirts, while the majority were?:confused:

Celdrog
24/04/2007, 9:45 AM
Woeful team to watch
Make sure you don't watch the final so. Winning streak might be good that night.:D

Steve Bruce
24/04/2007, 9:53 AM
I'm glad Drogs got through. A great bunch of supporters and made us Linfield supporters feel very welcome.

If Linfield get to the final, I would fancy us to beat Drogs but it will be a very close game and although I would be dissapointed if we got beat, I would rather lose to Drogs than any other team down south.

Dodge
24/04/2007, 9:53 AM
Your reserves?! **** off with that for a start.. (I'll grant you were missing a few but you had at least 6/7 that will start every game for you and even then your "reserves" cost more than our entire squad, even with our top earner out)

In the first half we played football, then we got tired and resorted to lumping it forward. Drogs were fecking time wasting in the first half (as they did the other times I've seen them this year). In the end you were too strong for us, and we were hanging on for penalties. Its not bitter to say that Drogheda play horrible football, but you're winning so everything's alright in your book (and would be in mine if it were Pats)

DvB
24/04/2007, 10:04 AM
Personally i thought the first 15/20 minutes or so were terrible, real kick & rush stuff from both sides more or less, then Pats settled & by far dominated the first half, Drogheda would have had little to complain about going in at the break a goal down, however the fact they went in level is testament to their defending, made all the more nervous by their keeper who to me looks quite weak given the two performances i've seen in the last 5 days!

Second half was decent enough TV viewing for a neutral and to be fair i thought, like Drogs in the first half , Pats could have had no complaints being a goal down at the end of the second half, so to me the 90 minutes were pretty even!!

Extra time showed the difference between the sides though, there was always only gonna be one team likely to win it, personally i thought Pats would have needed penos to go through as they never looked like getting a goal IMO in ET, i said exactly that to Dr Nitedub after he texted me (suprised he had any fingers left TBH, nevermind fingernails he seemed that nervous:D)

All in all a decent game, suprised me TBH as i feared the worst after such an indifferent opening! Better side on the night overall won out IMO & fair play to the Drogheda support, on TV they could be heard throughout the game!
So that begs the question, Doc, wheres yer drum or has the monkey retired already!!?;)

Koh

Dr.Nightdub
24/04/2007, 11:19 AM
So that begs the question, Doc, wheres yer drum or has the monkey retired already!!?

Nope, still breaking drumsticks with the same regularity as ever. Not my fault if Setanta can't mic me up properly! ;)

No real arguments with what DvB said about the game. Can't remember seeing us destroy a team 0-0 as much as last night, then they worked their way back into it. They did a good job of protecting that keeper from having to deal with too many corners / frees, especially after half time (and some of our deliveries were poor too) - he was the weak link that we just didn't exploit.

Sod it anyway, it's a cup and we don't win cups.

Steve Bruce
24/04/2007, 11:24 AM
Nope, still breaking drumsticks with the same regularity as ever. Not my fault if Setanta can't mic me up properly! ;)

No real arguments with what DvB said about the game. Can't remember seeing us destroy a team 0-0 as much as last night, then they worked their way back into it. They did a good job of protecting that keeper from having to deal with too many corners / frees, especially after half time (and some of our deliveries were poor too) - he was the weak link that we just didn't exploit.

Sod it anyway, it's a cup and we don't win cups.

You dont win leagues either:rolleyes: :D

iceman
24/04/2007, 11:40 AM
The deciding factor last night was Drogs superior fitness. Came into a class of their own as the match progressed.

Jerry The Saint
24/04/2007, 12:02 PM
You dont win leagues either:rolleyes: :D

No, not as many as 59 or whatever number it is that Linfield have won but we haven't been around as long as you lot. Our league is also competitive sometimes so we do alright.

League Champions
1951/52, 1954/55, 1955/56, 1989/90, 1995/96, 1996/98, 1998/99, 2001/02

Dodge
24/04/2007, 12:04 PM
The deciding factor last night was Drogs superior fitness. Came into a class of their own as the match progressed.

So they only difference was fitness but they were a class of their own....

TonyD
24/04/2007, 12:18 PM

Wouldn't argue with the fact that the Drogs were the stronger in ET (Ninety minutes was fairly even I thought) But, bear in mind that Pats played in Sligo on Saturday night, and Drogs had an extra day to recover from their game at the weekend. Having said that, the game could really have gone either way, in fact I thought it was heading to penos. No-one's mentioned yet either what a good goal it was. I didn't realise what a super finish it was until I saw it back on TV later.

Saint MacDara
24/04/2007, 4:27 PM
Crok or Linfield to win the cup definitely

blueman1886
24/04/2007, 4:39 PM
I fancy our chances of winning this now,Cork I'm sure will be tough but I'm confident we can beat them,Weve played Drogs twice this season and were the better team by far in both games but theyre still a good strong side. Bring on Cork :D

Risteard
24/04/2007, 4:59 PM
Despite their SC record, I'm very confident of Windsor victory.
From what I've seen of Linfield they really out-fought Derry and Drogs physically and if we can play a quick game, the Windsor Park pitch should suit us well.

ndrog
24/04/2007, 8:03 PM
Pats better first half and couldnt score:( .Drogs became stronger as the game went on and scored a super goal and missed a penalty .Lovely ! another final .There just like buses .But we didnt deserve it , we are are a ****ty hoof ball team :D That right Dodge :D

kdjaC
24/04/2007, 8:18 PM
Pats better first half and couldnt score:( .Drogs became stronger as the game went on and scored a super goal and missed a penalty .Lovely ! another final .There just like buses .But we didnt deserve it , we are are a ****ty hoof ball team :D That right Dodge :D

No matter what way you look at it there was only one difference between the 2 sides and that was Zayed, he was immense and only his goal got him my MOTM as if finsihed scoreless my MOTM was Maguire. No other player on your team would have scored that goal. We matched you in that we didnt concede circa 89th minute with your 1st shot like last season. And we created chances.

It was a great game which we werent out off vs a side thats got a lot more better players than us, even with 4 on your bench it was still better than ours. Twice now teams with better players have come to our pitch and set out to stop us playing. Bohs werent good enough to beat us but Drogs were.
Tbh we couldnt ask for a better compliment than that considering we have a small squad and finished 7th and lost a cup final and signed 3 decent players.

If JMC can crack this type of defence then things are looking rosy, i expect Rovers to come to richer on friday and do the same thing hopefully that will be the cracking of ( in reality its just scoring 1st and making the other team come at us thus allowing us to play). But as Bohs and Drogs have proved we can be stopped from getting that goal.

kdjac

Dodge
24/04/2007, 9:34 PM

Where did I say you didn't deserve it

ndrog
24/04/2007, 10:00 PM
you didnt .its just the general tone in your posts in relation to last nights game .Then again, i would be really annoyed if " we " had of lost , so fair enough .

Dodge
24/04/2007, 10:17 PM
All Along I've said we were hanging on at the end...

And the day I@m not ****ed off at Pats losing I'm giving up ;)