PDA

View Full Version : Irish Medal Winners ( Abroad ) 06/07

Shelsman
23/04/2007, 12:39 PM
I'd like to make a list of all Irish players who win medals ( abroad ) this season. I'd quite happily see Irish eL players listed but it would make the list too long, so let's stick to foreign leagues for now:

SPL ( Celtic ):
Aiden McGeady
Darren O'Dea

Please add to this list as each Irish player wins a medal. If it's a Man Utd vs Liverpool Champions League Final then we should see either O'Shea or Finnan in there too.

Fingal hoop
23/04/2007, 1:18 PM
Neil Lennon

tetsujin1979
23/04/2007, 2:43 PM
There was an article about this in yesterday's Independent: http://www.unison.ie/irish_independent/stories.php3?ca=94&si=1817335&issue_id=15543

Football is not all about money, even if you are a professional. It is also nice to have a medal at the end of the season - and that is something quite a number of Irish players seem likely to boast about in England and Scotland next month.
In the FA Premiership, John O'Shea will surely have one, if not two or three medals, at the end of what has been a largely successful season for Manchester United.
In the Championship, O'Shea's former teammate Roy Keane is seeing to it that as many as eight Irish players are in line for a winner's medal - David Connolly, Kenny Cunningham, Stephen Elliott, Jonny Evans, Graham Kavanagh, Liam Miller, Daryl Murphy and Anthony Stokes.
Waiting in Sunderland's slipstream are Birmingham, with Colin Doyle, Stephen Kelly and Damien Johnson still hopeful of that Championship winner's medal.
In League One, S****horpe United are leading the way with a trio of Irishmen - Joe Murphy, Clifford Byrne and Jim Goodwin, while Andy Keogh will also qualify for a medal even though he departed in January to Wolves.
In League Two, Irish boss Danny Wilson is guiding Hartlepool United and Willie Boland to the title, while Jonathan Daly (now with Dundee United) also qualifies. Swindon Town are waiting for any slip-ups, and the Robins have Michael Timlin and Barry Corr in their ranks.
In the Scottish Premier League, Celtic have won again, with excellent performances from a trio of Irishmen - Neil Lennon, Aidan McGeady and Darren O'Dea. In the Scottish First Division, Gretna and Brendan McGill are the pretenders to the throne.No mention of Steve Finnan possible getting a Champion's League medal with Liverpool, Ian Morris getting promoted with S****horpe, Cillian Sheridan sharing Celtic winning the title (although he won't get a medal)

NeilMcD
23/04/2007, 3:18 PM
I doubt Stokes would have enough games for a medal.

galwayhoop
23/04/2007, 6:39 PM
nice one and lets all remember there are 32 counties in Ireland and All players are irish

well in that case ivan sproule and dean shiels won the Scottish CIS cup with Hibs ;)

galwayhoop
23/04/2007, 6:40 PM
I doubt Stokes would have enough games for a medal.

assuming of course sunderland actually win the championship!