PDA

View Full Version : New Season

Pages : [1] 2

Danny
23/04/2007, 1:38 PM
Pats lost 3-0 "at home" in kiltipper yesterday to rovers.
Supposedly its the pre-season shield that was held last year.

Any other results/fixtures ?

thecat16
30/04/2007, 2:33 PM
Any Idea when the season starts? Or the make up of the divisions?

Schumi
30/04/2007, 2:42 PM
Pats lost 3-0 "at home" in kiltipper yesterday to rovers.
Supposedly its the pre-season shield that was held last year.

Any other results/fixtures ?UCD drew 3-3 with Bray last week.

Any Idea when the season starts? Or the make up of the divisions?It started in June last year I think. I'm not sure about the divisions, Portlaoise have been entered in the Leinster division along with Rovers, Pats, Bohs, Kildare, UCD, Longford, Athlone, Bray and Shels according to a piece in a Portlaoise paper but I don't know if that's even correct as 10 teams seems a lot.

thecat16
30/04/2007, 2:50 PM
Ok Thanks, where would fixtures usually be?

Schumi
30/04/2007, 2:55 PM
Ok Thanks, where would fixtures usually be?Some club websites had them last year. Offhand, I think Bray, Cork and Monaghan did. The week's fixtures were usually on Aertel too. It's quite hit and miss though.

BobtheDrog
01/05/2007, 3:45 AM
As far as I know it doesn´t start til june, when we asked for the match to be postponed against cork, the league told us to play u21`s and the club argued that they weren`t match fit yet because the season was still a way off

Danny
01/05/2007, 2:54 PM
pats beat shels 1-0 last nite out in the AUL

BrayUnknowns
01/05/2007, 3:20 PM
Bray vs Bohs tonight in the Carlisle according to our website, looks like the groups for U21 league have also been made, no fixtures as of yet though.

Raheny Red
02/05/2007, 1:22 AM
pats beat shels 1-0 last nite out in the AUL

And we lost 1-0 to Bohs last week as well. It appears that we are using a good bit of our first team for this comp also :eek:

BrayUnknowns
02/05/2007, 12:32 PM
Bray 3-3 Bohs.

94th Minute equaliser from the peno spot for Bohs according to our web site. We play St. Pats next on Saturday morning at 11am in the Carlisle.

littlebray
02/05/2007, 4:41 PM
Whatever information we have so far about the U21 season is on braywanderers.com (http://www.braywanderers.com/showarticle.php?id=589)

This includes the full Futsal results

Please feel free to post here (or mail me) with any other Shield results, especially from the first two series.

:)

BrayUnknowns
03/05/2007, 12:24 PM
That's an unofficial site (Fans site ?) though, which we all know can be rarely updated or wrong a lot of the time... Id prefer to hear it direct from the horses mouth (your man Michael, goes to EVERY single game for Bray home and away) on the official www.braywanderer.ie site

BohsFans
03/05/2007, 4:00 PM
Bray 3-3 Bohs.

94th Minute equaliser from the peno spot for Bohs according to our web site. We play St. Pats next on Saturday morning at 11am in the Carlisle.

from the match report:
A 3-3 draw against a competent Bray Wanderers team and Bohs now play UCD this coming Saturday in the next fixture of the League Cup.

Was it a League Cup game or maybe whoever it was meant the Shield.

http://www.bohemian-fc.com/home/club_news/u21s_draw_with_bray/

DmanDmythDledge
03/05/2007, 6:58 PM
That's an unofficial site (Fans site ?) though, which we all know can be rarely updated or wrong a lot of the time... Id prefer to hear it direct from the horses mouth (your man Michael, goes to EVERY single game for Bray home and away) on the official www.braywanderer.ie (http://www.braywanderer.ie) site
It updated regularly last season.

from the match report:

http://www.bohemian-fc.com/home/club_news/u21s_draw_with_bray/
They must have meant the Shield.

thecat16
04/05/2007, 10:33 AM
Just took this from that Bray site- not sure how accurate it is.

Dr Tony O’Neill Under-21 League 2007
The League opening fixtures are due to be played on Saturday 23 June 2007

The League will be played on a group basis as follows:

Leinster A
Bohemians
Crumlin United
Drogheda United
Dublin University
Dundalk
Mullingar
Shamrock Rovers
Shelbourne

Leinster B
Athlone Town
Ballinasloe Town
Bray Wanderers
Kildare County
Longford Town
Portlaoise FC
Shamrock Rovers
St Patricks Athletic
UCD

Connacht/Ulster
Castlebar Celtic
Derry City
Finn Harps
Galway United
Letterkenny Rovers
Monaghan United
Salthill Devon
Sligo Rovers

Southern
Cobh Ramblers
Cork City
Kerry League
Kilkenny City
Lifford FC
Limerick 37
Waterford United
Wexford Youths

Top four teams from each section go forward to knockout stages. First and Second placed in each section will have home advantage in the Round of Sixteen

Schumi
04/05/2007, 12:29 PM
Leinster A
Bohemians
Crumlin United
Drogheda United
Dublin University
Dundalk
Mullingar
Shamrock Rovers
Shelbourne

Leinster B
Athlone Town
Ballinasloe Town
Bray Wanderers
Kildare County
Longford Town
Portlaoise FC
Shamrock Rovers
St Patricks Athletic
UCDI assume Rovers are in Lenister A.

The groups seem a bit fairer than last year's very strong Dublin section.

Pretender
04/05/2007, 1:53 PM
How did they decide which clubs were in Leinster A and which were in Leinster B?

Schumi
04/05/2007, 2:00 PM
Looks to be roughly North/South except for Longford.

pineapple stu
04/05/2007, 2:04 PM
Yeah, we're playing youz in the Shield on Saturday, as far as I know.

littlebray
04/05/2007, 5:33 PM
Oops! Of course Shamrock Rovers are only in one group - Leinster A. Being corrected as we speak.

:confused:

am123909
06/05/2007, 1:20 AM
Bohemians 0 - 6 UCD
DCU Sports Ground
Sat 5.5.07 12.00.p.m.

BohsFans
07/05/2007, 7:04 PM
Bohemians 0 - 6 UCD
DCU Sports Ground
Sat 5.5.07 12.00.p.m.

:eek:

**** must of had the U17's out!

pineapple stu
07/05/2007, 10:50 PM
Didn't we beat you 6-0 last year too?

DmanDmythDledge
07/05/2007, 11:07 PM
Didn't we beat you 6-0 last year too?
I think that was Pats.

Danny
08/05/2007, 11:49 AM
pats drew 1 all with bray on saturday

littlebray
16/05/2007, 12:28 PM
Four more results added to the braywanderers.com page on U21 fixtures (http://www.braywanderers.com/showarticle.php?id=589)

Still missing: All matches involving Dundalk; Sligo v Harps; Bohs v Rovers; & Pats v UCD.

Anyone got anything on those?

Schumi
16/05/2007, 12:35 PM
I think we lost 1-0 to Pats.

BohsFans
16/05/2007, 7:09 PM
Why have Mayo League pulled out of the u-21 league?:confused:

sligoman
21/05/2007, 11:06 PM
Sligo Rovers 1-0 Derry City. Gino O'Boyle with the goal.

Larks
25/05/2007, 1:06 PM
I reckon mayo pulled out because people maybe didn't want to play for them. Castlebar are a way better team than mayo league were last year.

sligoman
01/06/2007, 6:23 PM
Rovers are playing Shams this Sunday at 2pm in the Showgrounds. It's the semi-final of something.

sligoman
03/06/2007, 4:07 PM
Rovers are playing Shams this Sunday at 2pm in the Showgrounds. It's the semi-final of something.Ended 2-0 to shams. Shams through to final now.

littlebray
03/06/2007, 6:39 PM
The other Semi was on Saturday at United Park: Drogheda United 0-5 Bray Wanderers.

The Final will be Bray Wanderers v Shamrock Rovers, rumours suggest that whoever is 'at home' it may be played in the Carlisle Grounds.

No date yet!

littlebray
06/06/2007, 4:04 PM
The clubs got the fixtures a couple of days ago, section by section.

The full list is here (http://www.braywanderers.com/showarticle.php?id=589)

Enjoy the season!

renovater
14/06/2007, 10:32 PM
Why have Mayo League pulled out of the u-21 league?:confused:
It was political row between club and county in which the league lost, because it didn't listen to its clubs or some of it own L.M.C.
However the good news is that Castlebar Celtic have entered with its own team

gunner1
15/06/2007, 3:54 PM
I reckon mayo pulled out because people maybe didn't want to play for them. Castlebar are a way better team than mayo league were last year.

castlebar celtic are by far the best team in mayo,with a great underage system.mayo league were depending on clubs to free players for games,apart from 3/4 players the best mayo team was not on the pitch,but the best celtic team will be,,,,,,,,the best of luck to gavin and the committe in tonights press release in the tf hotel @ 8.30,lets do mayo proud;;;;;:p

gunner1
15/06/2007, 3:58 PM
It was political row between club and county in which the league lost, because it didn't listen to its clubs or some of it own L.M.C.
However the good news is that Castlebar Celtic have entered with its own team

It was political row between club and county in which the league lost,
reno clear up one fact this was not a row between celtic and mayo league????

renovater
16/06/2007, 8:57 PM
It was political row between club and county in which the league lost,
reno clear up one fact this was not a row between celtic and mayo league????
Correct there was never a row between Celtic and the league. To be fair to Celtic they always were well represented at all levels wearing the county jersey.
it just happens that the smaller clubs had problems releasing players if the two clashed.
The league it selves felt it had the right to take the players regardless of club games were on the same time. which erupted into dispute.
The Celtic Press release have to say was very professionally ran. I have no doubts they will do Mayo proud.
Its my opinion that the league position is administer football in the county, and the clubs position to run football teams. :)

gunner1
18/06/2007, 3:17 AM
Correct there was never a row between Celtic and the league. To be fair to Celtic they always were well represented at all levels wearing the county jersey.
it just happens that the smaller clubs had problems releasing players if the two clashed.
The league it selves felt it had the right to take the players regardless of club games were on the same time. which erupted into dispute.
The Celtic Press release have to say was very professionally ran. I have no doubts they will do Mayo proud.
Its my opinion that the league position is administer football in the county, and the clubs position to run football teams. :)

agree 100%,you should go back on the committe,you also said nice words at the press release,that was'nt easy.....well done!!!!!!!!
so did duffy!!!!!!!

bellavistaman
18/06/2007, 12:09 PM
Rams 21 beat Kildare 21s 3 nil yesterday, Rams were impressive Kildare looked very poor, bar a very good centre forward.

FarmHoop
18/06/2007, 9:30 PM
Rovers just beat bray 2-0 at carlisle, kilduff got both, broderick sent off for bray

pineapple stu
18/06/2007, 9:38 PM
That was the Shield final.

renovater
19/06/2007, 1:01 AM
agree 100%,you should go back on the committe,you also said nice words at the press release,that was'nt easy.....well done!!!!!!!!
so did duffy!!!!!!!
Glad to here there is good in all of us:)

Seagull
19/06/2007, 4:03 PM
Rovers just beat bray 2-0 at carlisle, kilduff got both, broderick sent off for bray

The red card was a terrible decision, complete overreaction, ruined the game.

sligoman
20/06/2007, 8:10 PM
Season kicks off this weekend doesn't it? Long shot but anyone know who we are playing?:o

DmanDmythDledge
20/06/2007, 8:16 PM
Season kicks off this weekend doesn't it? Long shot but anyone know who we are playing?:o
Letterkeney Rovers.

Full list (http://www.braywanderers.com/showarticle.php?id=589).

feo123
21/06/2007, 12:59 AM
our squads bein finalised tomorrow at trainin, doubt i'll get on it

sligoman
21/06/2007, 2:07 AM
our squads bein finalised tomorrow at trainin, doubt i'll get on itStaying online at this time of the morning doesn't help I'm sure!:p Get some sleep and play the best football of yer life tomorrow and you might:D.

feo123
21/06/2007, 9:21 PM
game is @ 2 on saturday

DeNiro
22/06/2007, 5:44 PM
Anyone know anything about Portlaoise or Castlebar teams? Are the teams amalgamlations or simply taken from the towns themselves? Is there a list of fixtures for every team anywhere on the web?