PDA

View Full Version : 2 Stars on Crest ???

stevieontour
23/04/2007, 4:20 AM
Why do you have 2 stars above your crest when you have only won 1 game????

Dodge
23/04/2007, 6:26 AM
Obviously a nod to Wallace's first love; Juventus

Thunder-WYFC
23/04/2007, 8:46 AM
2 stars for the 2 All Ireland's that we've won at u-18 level,oh ya we've won 2 games btw

Buller
25/04/2007, 9:59 PM
at this rate ye'll have 10 stars in no time....

ForzaWexford
26/04/2007, 11:25 AM
at this rate ye'll have 10 stars in no time....

We'll settle for 3 after next sunday!

brokenstar
26/04/2007, 12:54 PM
We'll settle for 3 after next sunday!

ah jaysus lads, i can't afford a new jersey! :p

Footsoldier
27/04/2007, 12:11 AM
Maybe Wallace will be selling iron-on stars at the Shels match if we win on Sunday!

passinginterest
30/04/2007, 11:40 AM
So three stars next season?

Congratulations to all the U.18 lads.
Goalkeeper was man on the match (possible call up to senior squad?)
Heard Galway were better side for long spells, Wexford keeper outstanding and some bad misses.
Another penalty shootout victory. Mick's luck certainly seems to have change with penalties.

On the stars thing I presume we stay with 2 as it's a historical reference to the foundations of the club. Only change will come when we go back to one star for first premier league title.

brokenstar
30/04/2007, 12:32 PM
I'll echo that sentiment... Well done to all the lads yesterday. Heard they were up against it for long periods too but did well to get their result. Well done again lads, another cup for the mighty Wallace! :)

Sunny Jim
30/04/2007, 1:43 PM
Yeah congrats to Mick and the lads, although it has to be said that Galway were the better side for most of the match. Thought the ref had a good match except that he didn't see the Galway no.4 elbowing Danny Furlong in the face twice and pushing him off the ball a few times. Lee Walker looks a good prospect in goal. And a good crowd too, announced as 1,500. I didn't expect that many to attend! A good day all round.

ForzaWexford
30/04/2007, 2:03 PM
Don't know how we won that one! I reckon he'll go three stars though.

jebus
01/05/2007, 6:32 PM
Anyone else think you should only have stars above your crest when you've won something in the Eircom League? Like the actual Premier League?

Dodge
01/05/2007, 6:49 PM
Anyone else think you should only have stars above your crest when you've won something in the Eircom League? Like the actual Premier League?

Nothing stopping any club having anything on, or above their crest in Ireland. Italy is the only place that uses them officially

artane-shels
02/05/2007, 8:54 PM
I thought it was that if you won the premier division 10 times you got a star?

Dodge
02/05/2007, 10:03 PM
No its not. ROvers and Shels just decided to do it themselves

passinginterest
03/05/2007, 2:58 PM
As I said earlier in the thread I think it should stay with the two stars as it's a reference to the historic foundations of the club. It should only change if we ever win a premier division title.

On another note the Umbro jerseys, worn in the U18 final, with the yellow trim look very snazzy in the pics on the website (http://www.wexfordyouthsfc.ie/media.html). Looks like some sort of Umbro sponsorship for the final as all the gear for both teams and the officials is Umbro.

MojoPin
03/05/2007, 3:13 PM
i dont agree with throwing stars on the jersey cause we won the all ireland cup 2 times, now 3, its a great achievement but if thats the case my team or any other team could throw starts on at any time and thus devalue the stars. for instance cork youth are top of their youth league and have it pretty much wrapped up. if they won the cork cup and the munster cup this year along with the league cup theyd do a quadruple right.. whats stopping them from throwing 4 stars on their crest? they won the nation cup last year but they didnt put any stars on their jersey? im not against wexfords stars i just think they devalue stars? it culd lead to ucd putting stars on their crest cause they won the fair play award..

First
03/05/2007, 3:30 PM
Most clubs would prefer to have Stars in their shirts . But whatever rocks your boat carry on.

ForzaWexford
03/05/2007, 3:37 PM
I'm not saying we should have stars over our crest, but, for argument's sake....

Wallace has been managing the Wexford U-18 side for something like 16 years. He takes his teams to play soccer in Italy, tries his best to make sure they eat right, trains them every weekend and so on. I'm sure he has "better" things to be doing with his time. He is involved in the construction industry, has 3/4 wine bars with another few in the pipeline + has recently opened a small vineyard somewhere in Italy. That he puts so much time and effort into the underage set-up down here shows just how much he values the "youths".

I think that's why the 2 stars are there. Wallace really cares about the young lads he coaches. He lost an All-Ireland semi-final last year and burst out crying in the dressing room. We won an All-Ireland final this year and he was visibly shaken.

Personally I don't see much "point" in adding an extra star next year, but knowing Mick, I'd say there will be three. Maybe not though, his beloved Juventus only have 2! And anyway, our stars mean a lot more to a lot of people than Man City's.

First
03/05/2007, 4:16 PM
Fair enough , its his plaything , and if he wants to stick stars everywhere that is his choice. But I beleive that you should only have stars on your shirt if you have won the biggest competition in your country i.e. the premier league.

wexman
03/05/2007, 4:25 PM
but the u 18 youths have won the biggest competition that they could win in the country :) let them have their star