PDA

View Full Version : Waterford

Pages : [1] 2

SeaniesRedArmy
22/04/2007, 11:54 AM
With the mess we are now in we really need to pick ourselves up for this game. If we lose this game it could be a difficult season. If we win it the future will look bright again. We really need to create a good atmosphere for this one. Will vasas be fit for this game?

Midgit
22/04/2007, 12:01 PM
Pressure is on Toolin at the minute and if we lose to Waterford i can imagine more than a few will be singing 'Toolin Out'.

Hope the new manager is in place by the weekend also.

sligoman
22/04/2007, 12:07 PM
Pressure is on Toolin at the minute and if we lose to Waterford i can imagine more than a few will be singing 'Toolin Out'.

Hope the new manager is in place by the weekend also.I hope you don't make a "Toolin out" banner cos you'll look stupid.

Midgit
22/04/2007, 12:12 PM
No i didn't and i wont make one either, for now anyway.:o

sligoman
22/04/2007, 12:18 PM
No i didn't and i wont make one either, for now anyway.:oI just mean you'll look stupid cos yer spelling his name wrong:p.

Midgit
22/04/2007, 12:33 PM
:o :o :o

Fivesilver
22/04/2007, 4:28 PM
I thought he was making a sex education banner - Tool in, out.

Terry
22/04/2007, 4:45 PM
what night do waterford play there home matches on? Will possibly be around for the match if its on saturday.

feo123
22/04/2007, 4:46 PM
its in the showgrounds

Terry
22/04/2007, 5:15 PM
AAgh B*****ks

SeaniesRedArmy
23/04/2007, 5:09 PM
I thought he was making a sex education banner - Tool in, out.

:D :D :D

feo123
23/04/2007, 6:19 PM
6pm on Saturday......

Rovers1
23/04/2007, 9:25 PM

Hope the new manager is in place by the weekend also.

according to the man himself Rovers are 'still looking'

its a ****ing joke by now!

Tis-smeee
24/04/2007, 3:44 PM
The kick off has been changed to 6 o clock

Only1Rovers
24/04/2007, 3:47 PM
I just mean you'll look stupid cos yer spelling his name wrong:p.

Brilliant...

Rory H
27/04/2007, 10:25 AM
jinks avenue stand 2moro lads....feo you get that drum???

gustavo
27/04/2007, 1:37 PM
Team News
http://www.sligorovers.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=314&Itemid=1

feo123
27/04/2007, 3:51 PM
jinks avenue stand 2moro lads....feo you get that drum???

im trying, whether he brings ot or not is another story........

DonalE
27/04/2007, 4:04 PM
im trying, whether he brings ot or not is another story........

I just met "him" there and he said he was going and looking forward to it so I reckon he'll bring "it". :D

Tis-smeee
27/04/2007, 6:41 PM
Will the game be on any radio station

sligoman
27/04/2007, 7:49 PM
Will the game be on any radio stationwww.oceanfm.ie Click the "Sligo feed" in the Listen live section.

Tis-smeee
27/04/2007, 9:38 PM
Sound as a pound

Tis-smeee
28/04/2007, 4:35 PM
www.oceanfm.ie Click the "Sligo feed" in the Listen live section.

Is it def on live?

Red&White Rover
28/04/2007, 7:30 PM
****e...but lads, stupid to boo them off! thankfully it was stopped fairly quickly...poor today...choicey...he just isnt up to it i think...

gustavo
28/04/2007, 7:57 PM
It was rubbish really , worst game ive seen in a long time!

Only1Rovers
28/04/2007, 8:16 PM
I think it is official, Choice is rubbish, why didn't they put on Matty Judge?

feo123
28/04/2007, 8:17 PM
dissapointing.....the early goal maybe gave some of the players the sense that we were in for an easy night, never really got going after that! what's the point in booing them off though?
vassas was our best player probably...didnt play great but was better than the rest. don't really know why he didn't bother bringing on more subs, we we're tired looking and lethargic! no point in giving out, just dissapointed though

Rory H
28/04/2007, 8:18 PM
crowd was shocking,800??

players werent much better,unlucky with the goal but you cant say waterford didnt deserve a point.

very frustrated with everything at the club.........when we were winning the cracks that appeared after the Rob fiasco very papered over,will a new manager do likewise???

feo123
28/04/2007, 8:25 PM
crowd was shocking,800??

players werent much better,unlucky with the goal but you cant say waterford didnt deserve a point.

very frustrated with everything at the club.........when we were winning the cracks that appeared after the Rob fiasco very papered over,will a new manager do likewise???

crowds will be like that all season im afraid
judge is playing u21 tomorrow, hopefully will get him more fitness. hope a few more players go for the run out aswell, manson, kelly, badjziak etc.

sligoman
28/04/2007, 8:27 PM
Was a disgraceful performance(again). Disgraceful attendance too-Lowest I've seen in years. Choice is really not up to it. I think he's only played just to scare other players into thinking he's a real threat because he's so big. Judge isn't much better but he's like the only other striker we have so he should have been brought on. Not one of the players(except Brush as he had little to do) can be happy with their performance today. That MOTM award is a joke, they shouldn't have given it to any Rovers player. I'm hoping Bajdziak starts the next game as he proved he can make good runs into the box, done really well with the goal that Raf nearly got.

Don't necessarily agree with the boo'ing but I saw Coleman's face after the game and I think he took it to heart as he looked over and then put his head down and slowly walked towards the tunnel. Hopefully he'll speak up and give out to the rest of the team about that performance and learn from today's mistakes. 1 point at home to Waterford is NOT good enough, it's as simple as that!

feo, where's the U-21 game on?:confused:

Only1Rovers
28/04/2007, 8:29 PM
Coleman put in the best performance, he had more to do than Vassas, although Vassas did alright. Seamie made two minor mistakes at the end but apart from that he played very well, great prospect for the future.

roversman
28/04/2007, 8:34 PM
dissapointing.....the early goal maybe gave some of the players the sense that we were in for an easy night, never really got going after that! what's the point in booing them off though?
vassas was our best player probably...didnt play great but was better than the rest. don't really know why he didn't bother bringing on more subs, we we're tired looking and lethargic! no point in giving out, just dissapointed though

were you at the same game as me
vassas was not our best player he wasnt great
dosent look like a center half
bring back burns

feo123
28/04/2007, 8:34 PM
feo, where's the U-21 game on?:confused:

brandywell i think

Only1Rovers
28/04/2007, 8:44 PM
bring back burns

??????

sligoman
28/04/2007, 8:48 PM
??????Liam Burns, played as a centre back with us last season. See here (http://www.bohemian-fc.com/home/squad.php)-No. 5;).

Only1Rovers
28/04/2007, 8:59 PM
I know who Burnsie is, I dont think he'll be coming back soon,
club f*@ked that up....one of our most consistent players in recent years and wanted to play stay at the club but someone at the club didn't want him there it appears...more bull...

avvenalaf
28/04/2007, 11:38 PM
Another few performances like that and they'll be booed on to the pitch.

red bellied
29/04/2007, 12:21 AM
There is a total anti climax in the Showgrounds. Too many people around the town have lost interest, summer football doesnt help but going up Churchill today just felt like hard work. There is no atmosphere up in the old ground at the minute it just feels like ............

feo123
29/04/2007, 8:55 AM
the atmosphere around the place is just dead....it feels your at a friendly or an u21 game because the crowds are getting smaller and smaller and the atmosphere is just gone, some of us try to get one going in fairness but its just dead and flat.

redrov2005
29/04/2007, 10:08 AM
Very disappointing result. Re the atmosphere. Its harder to create a buzz at
6-00 on a warm April evening then it is on a good old January night with the crowd huddled together.

However its up to the club to help try and create an atmosphere as well and there seems to be no effort in that regard.

They have to try and make it a fun family day out with face painting and all that kind of stuff. There should be some pre-match and half time entertainment even as i mentioned before a penalty competition between various business firms ( which could make money for the club).

It might not work but its worth a try. Oh and some decent music over the pa would help too....

sligoman
29/04/2007, 10:10 AM
Oh and some decent music over the pa would help too....Or even just a decent PA system in the first place. It's usually terrible in the Jink's stand.

Da Real Rover
29/04/2007, 10:35 AM
Choice was brutal. I have now come to the conclusion that i would rather darren jack in my team than him. Hes a sound bloke but a terrible footballer. He has got no pace, a first touch of a rapist, hes taller than everyone but yet has never won a header and he has the acceleration of a heavily pregnated hippo. He does more damage in our team than benefit, i actualy think we would have done better with 10 men by removing him, he just slowed everything down and was terrible at any attempt to link play.

Still though the rest of our team was poor also, although i thought our defence played well, all back 4 and dick, especially vasas and coleman. But our midfield was non existenet.

Poor crowd and a dead fealing around the place, this club had better start reversing the backward trend soon before its too late.

DonalE
29/04/2007, 2:10 PM
were you at the same game as me
vassas was not our best player he wasnt great
dosent look like a center half
bring back burns

Are you serious? Vassas had a great game, just keeps it simple at the back and always clears his lines. Better than Coleman last night for me. He's no Liam Burns though

red bellied
29/04/2007, 9:02 PM
Are you serious? Vassas had a great game, just keeps it simple at the back and always clears his lines. Better than Coleman last night for me. He's no Liam Burns though

Exactly Burns was a big fatso who was always collared on a long ball over the top.

showgies
30/04/2007, 8:58 AM
1-1 against 10 men........says it all really.......

showgies
30/04/2007, 1:45 PM
By the way...........were the big Black/White and Red/White flags ditched ????

DonalE
30/04/2007, 3:16 PM
Exactly Burns was a big fatso who was always collared on a long ball over the top.

That's definitely not what I meant about Burnsy

SligoBrewer
02/05/2007, 10:30 AM
By the way...........were the big Black/White and Red/White flags ditched ????

i was in paris so thats the we love dick flag gone, midgit's red army one couldnt be there as well

avvenalaf
02/05/2007, 12:04 PM
Brewer, did you ask her why she fell out with Nicole Richie ?

showgies
02/05/2007, 12:58 PM
Brewer, did you ask her why she fell out with Nicole Richie ?

:D :D

Brewer, any plans to visit Jordan?