PDA

View Full Version : Ramblers 1 Shels 0 (sittin pretty)

don ramo
22/04/2007, 2:01 AM
what about it lads wasnt the greatest game but there was a bit of banter and fun, but we won and thats great, were second in the table with mons next week away should be interestin cause there pitch is supose to be a bit rough so should be a nice test for our young adventurers,

c'mon the rams

bellavistaman
22/04/2007, 2:04 AM
fantastic result, great scenes when we scored, thats what its all about

GavinZac
22/04/2007, 7:43 AM
what kind of attendance was there? did any City heads turn up to laugh at shelbourne?

Marco
22/04/2007, 11:51 AM
The attendance was about 800, so thanks to everyone who came along. Yes there was some city heads there, and thanks for the cd of music. What did you think of the athmosphere??

paudie
22/04/2007, 1:04 PM
what about it lads wasnt the greatest game but there was a bit of banter and fun, but we won and thats great, were second in the table with mons next week away should be interestin cause there pitch is supose to be a bit rough so should be a nice test for our young adventurers,

The pitch at St Colmans isn't exactly like a snooker table either.

Match wasn't great last night but good to see the rams getting the late winner. Possibly the first time I've seen the Rams win at Colmans:eek:

Rams style of play reminded me a bit of City. Lots of nice passing but need to get the ball into the box a bit quicker at times.

ramblers
22/04/2007, 1:38 PM
Yes the pitch did look a bit hard and bobbly last night. The first half was good the second half was very quiet until the last 10 minutes when in fairness both sides had chances.

The booking for Barrett about 15 minutes in meant he was not his usual tigerish self in case he got sent off also the guy upfront McCarthy was a passenger he pulled out of a lot of tackles and didnt seem to want to be there.Reminded me of Willie Bruton.

The reson we played well in the firs half was we got the ball out to Cambridge and Oneill this didnt happen in the second half and definetly effected us.

The Atmosphere I didnt think was great and the stewarding left a lot to be disired why are the away fans not kept in the stand at the end of the ground?

In fairness to the Shels fans they made more noise then the home fans.

pineapple stu
22/04/2007, 3:36 PM
So, Henderson out, I assume?

bellavistaman
22/04/2007, 4:29 PM

ha:D :D :D

don ramo
22/04/2007, 4:58 PM

no the old embarresin song was back again, who needs mourinoho when we got hendo, my head nearly exploded when i heard it,

i know our pitch isnt in the best of shapes, but you can pass the ball about easily enogh iv heard a lot of complaints about some grounds when you have no choice but to hoof it, (ive heard) i havent been to some of these ground so dont quote me on the shape of other teams grounds, the best ground i saw in the last year was killkennys ground, its like a carpet,

for the support, it was turned up a few decibles and hopefully will get louder, first half we were easily out sung by a nice size travellin contingent, but i thought in the second half we started finding our voice and won the second half easily:D ,

marco are you sure of the attendance i thought it looked a bit more, thought it was near the thousand mark anyways,

im not sure but i think some shels fans broke a seat our two in our new stand i saw a stewart carrying it down to the changin rooms during half time, he said a ball hit it and it broke :rolleyes:

Raheny Red
22/04/2007, 6:02 PM
DR, I was asked by a member on Shelsweb to inform you that the steward was correct in what he said.According to him

it was one of the subs taking a shot at half time.

don ramo
22/04/2007, 6:27 PM
DR, I was asked by a member on Shelsweb to inform you that the steward was correct in what he said.According to him

that was some shot so, fair enough, didnt think a shot would break a chair,

sfc red
23/04/2007, 12:02 AM
Yeah it was a shot at half time, I was standing beside the feckin thing!

And, as an aside, the quality of your subs long range shooting was very impressive :D

Rams Mc 7
23/04/2007, 7:56 AM
unreal the other night..some finish by cummins..some nice photos on the website:D :D

Raheny Red
23/04/2007, 8:35 AM
unreal the other night..some finish by cummins..some nice photos on the website:D :D

Will you post the link up, cheers ;)

The Rebel Ram
23/04/2007, 11:13 AM
Will you post the link up, cheers ;)

http://www.cobhramblers.com/

Rambler1
24/04/2007, 8:19 PM
Will you post the link up, cheers ;)Also more full size shots on the match photos page...cant post link as am on pay internet at the moment and no joy.

Rebal Boy
26/04/2007, 9:43 PM
This wasn't a great game, but it was a HUGE win for Rams. I was delighted when they scored. Hopefully another 3pts on Sunday away to Mons to keep the promation push alive.