PDA

View Full Version : Handbags at the game

Grey Boy
21/04/2007, 10:45 PM
I was on the far side of the ground, so can anyone tell me what happened that those scumbags got fecked out of the ground in the second half? I was on here after the Bohs game defending our "supporters" reputations. I said we didn't have an element like that. Am I wrong? Three home games in and thats two situations already. Must say I'm suprised no one has commented on this already.

Stevo Da Gull
21/04/2007, 11:01 PM
I was on the far side of the ground, so can anyone tell me what happened that those scumbags got fecked out of the ground in the second half? I was on here after the Bohs game defending our "supporters" reputations. I said we didn't have an element like that. Am I wrong? Three home games in and thats two situations already. Must say I'm suprised no one has commented on this already.

I think that some lads were trying to get over to the Cork fans and antagonise them, I was talking to a steward after the match who said that when Bray scored the goal a bunch of people ran down towards the Cork fans, I did'n ask about the earlier incident so I presume the earlier incident was something similar.
As for us having a `scumbag element`, there is certaily an unpleasent element which I suppose could earn a reputation. There are a load of new young lads coming to our games and for the most part are genuinely coming for the football, however a small group seem to be interested in causing a bit of trouble.

steno
21/04/2007, 11:10 PM
I saw the half dozen young fellas and a girl walking towards the Cork fans stewards coped onto them, got to them quickly and walked them back. The 'fans' walked back to the crowd with the drums near the goal that Bray were attacking in the second half and they tried to sit in with them but stewards were having none of it (they must have said something) they were being walked out towards the exit with the Bray Wanderers sign and I think some of them decided to start on the stewards, saw more stewards running over and a garda and I think they were thrown out.

proper order IMHO.

Thats what I saw anyway, overall I thought the Carlisle Grounds was quite well run and will go again at some stage. As safe as any ground in the Eircom league.

Grey Boy
21/04/2007, 11:19 PM
It's worrying though Stevo, I've been going to the Carlisle for more than 20 years and up till this season I've never seen an ounce of trouble. This kind of crap could escalate. These scum need to be identified now and barred before it becomes a problem. The stewards were great in fairness, the gardai were useless, they stayed in the corner by the club shop when it was painfully obvious something could have kicked off.

steno
21/04/2007, 11:23 PM
Agree with you on that grey Boy its the last thing any club wants and now is the time to stamp that sort of thing out and hopefully Bray Wanderers will do so before the schooligan element kicks in

Heard many stories where the gardai have just watched apparentlly they have to be asked to intervene:rolleyes:

bray boy
22/04/2007, 9:27 PM
lads to be honest nothing really happened i saw it all it was jus a bit of shout and they were not supporters as wen they were walking down they started hitting the dugout where they they thought were cork players were infact bray subs........infairness the stewards got in before anything started an how come every schoolboy goin to a match is looked at as if we r going to start sumin bit unfair i think i want to watch the footie its only a small element who start trouble!!!!!