PDA

View Full Version : Tony Folan's goal

Paddyfield
21/04/2007, 9:31 PM
Anyone rememeber the goal Tony Foalan scored against Athlone a few years ago? Watch this video whereby some Barcelona player reinacts it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe4teUFUmNg&mode=related&search=

Terry
22/04/2007, 7:38 AM
still think that tonys goal was better since he had to start at the edge of our own penalty box and he shot and scored from about 20 yards out and it went into the top right corner.

The goal I think is an exact image of the goal maradona scored against england in the 1986? world cup (the hand of god match).

geezer
22/04/2007, 11:00 AM
WAS better, best i have ever seen.

tony took on everyone some of them twice for fun for his goal

Patrick Dunne
22/04/2007, 12:19 PM
Great goal, but we must remember that it was against Athlone Town.

A goal like wouldn't be scored in todays Premier Division, especially not against the top sides, and also doggedly defensive outfits like Bray and Longford.

damoGUFC
22/04/2007, 3:25 PM
True PD!! but it was a goal to remember...remember it very well!:D

eamo1
22/04/2007, 3:35 PM
if tonys goal was on caught on camera it would be one of the most watched football vids on youtube(or is that youchube?,paddyfield):) .tonys second goal that night wasnt too bad either but his first to take it from edge of our own box and beat 5(i think) and then place a shot into the top corner from edge of their penatly area was just genius.

galwayhoop
23/04/2007, 9:18 AM
thought of something last week. considering that we took john lester on in a 'less than fully fit state' could / should we not have taken the same gamble on tony folan. who imo would be a better player - if fit of course. just a thought

gufct
23/04/2007, 10:27 AM
i dont think fitness was the number 1 problem with Tony Folan.is he still with Hibs?

GUISAUltra
23/04/2007, 6:26 PM
think johnny kester was really eager to get fit though and lose weight. dunno would folan have the same desire

galwayhoop
23/04/2007, 6:36 PM
think johnny kester was really eager to get fit though and lose weight. dunno would folan have the same desire

you're probably right. pity though the lad was class

geezer
23/04/2007, 8:44 PM
have to respect any lad like Lester who is giving it everything he has, I would hope that another bunch of games will see him be able to do a small bit more but you gotta admire the effort.

JC_GUFC
25/04/2007, 9:07 AM
I remember Tony went on to try and re-enact his goal against Drogheda in the second leg of the playoff, unfortunately when he got to the edge of Drogheda's box he shot over!

Another wasted talent, whatever happened to Matias O'Malley geezer?!

geezer
26/04/2007, 8:57 AM
less said about that the better, Himself and ollie K developed a great partnership but unfortunately it wasnt the one i envisaged. I have since kept my advice on local proteges to myself. One for the future though is Greg Cunningham hope I havent put a curse on him

Tir Oilean
26/04/2007, 9:37 AM
Is that Cunningham lad the guy that was over with Man City?

GUISAUltra
26/04/2007, 12:19 PM
Ya tir oilean thats the guy, just signed a contract with city.
dont think greg will be coming back from man city to play for galway for awhile. had a lot of clubs after him in england and i thin khe will stay over there for awhile. seen him play quite a bit and from what i saw he has good potential. still only 16 as well.

Terry
26/04/2007, 7:05 PM
whatever happened to Matias O'Malley geezer?!

plays for Mervue and the Oscar traynor team this year. Im marrying into his family soon !!!!!

geezer
27/04/2007, 12:44 PM
His grandfather Matt played with Kilmarnock for 4 or 5 years back in the 60's. He was from henry street ,

galwayhoop
01/05/2007, 1:37 PM
Heard that Tony Folan is on trial with United for the next few weeks! Did anyone else hear this??