PDA

View Full Version : UEFA tribute to gunther

Éanna
27/01/2003, 2:43 PM
uefa site (http://www.uefa.com/footballcentral/news/Kind=2/newsId=51107.html) Murphy steps down
Monday, 27 January 2003
Liam Murphy has resigned as manager of Cork City FC after the side finished their season with a defeat at home to University College Dublin FC and failed to qualify for Europe. However, the 40-year-old will stay on as the club's technical director.

Full-time post turned down
Murphy took over as Cork manager after the departure of Derek Mountfield in 2001 but has now stepped down because he was unable to devote all his time to the job. "I was offered the post on a full-time basis but I can't take it because there are a lot of things going on in my life," he said. "I've decided to accept the position as technical director because I've the club at heart, and with the new UEFA licensing scheme we need as many bodies as we can get working for the club.

Young players
"The most important thing for the club is to get in a manager to bring along these very good young lads I brought to the club," Murphy continued. "We have to aim for a full-time set-up to take this club to another level. I also feel we under-achieved this season. I set myself a target to qualify for Europe this season and didn't get it. I don't think that's good enough."

Successor sought
The new Irish league season does not start until April so the Cork board have time to find a successor. Club chairman Brian Lennox confirmed that the post will be advertised on Wednesday and seek applications from abroad as well as Ireland.

Éanna
27/01/2003, 2:44 PM
ah sure, they gave him his likkle badge,they have to say nice things about him :)

Badweather Fan
27/01/2003, 8:40 PM
Don't like him, do ya?

Gary
28/01/2003, 11:14 AM
Erra, Eanna is just a rebel without a cause!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D

Éanna
28/01/2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by GWA
Erra, Eanna is just a rebel without a cause!!!!!!!!!!!!
guess I am now. i mean murphy´s gone so there´s a huge void in my life. who do i take my frustrations out on now :confused: :eek:

LIAM COME BACK, THERE´S BEEN A TERRIBLE MISTAKE :D :D :D :D

@ndy
28/01/2003, 1:18 PM
I guess you'll have to start blaming the technical director now...

Éanna
28/01/2003, 5:41 PM
Originally posted by @ndy
I guess you'll have to start blaming the technical director now...
s´pose so :)