PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel about the season?

Colm
27/01/2003, 2:34 PM
Well, taking everything into account has this been a good, bad or indifferent season for Cork City Football Club?

Ruairi
27/01/2003, 2:52 PM
The end of season **** up was the best thing about it. A season to forget, it has to be said.:rolleyes:

Éanna
27/01/2003, 2:57 PM
we did better than i expected at the start. mainly because the new signings (j o´flynn chiefly) were somewhat of an unknown quantity and I had no faith in gunther. all said and done, we should and could have done better

dalo
27/01/2003, 3:12 PM
watching the shels game at the start of the season I had low enough expectations but that 3-0 win gave me some hope. then we got hammered by pat's 4-1, lost the cup semi and it all went downhill, despite us showing some flair in our home games

probably our poorest season in years. we have plenty of potential but what's the point if we don't realise it.

we should have won the cup and finished in the top 2. fact is we didn't because we underacheived.
i am glad murphy stepped down and that he is still involved in the club (as I predicted he would) and that he wasn't pushed. however he was a poor manager if a little too honest for his own good

we need to improve in 3 fronts

1) get the behind the scences stuff right. lets get professional
2) appoint a proper pro manager who is committed to the club- no rico,hill, mountfield, daly, freyne types please
3) hold onto our best players - flynn, rennie, murray,devine and wake up o'callaghan, woods, carey, o'grady. get rid of daly and make greg captain. sign a creative midfielder, a centre back and a left sided winger

patsh
27/01/2003, 3:20 PM
None of the above.

I watched some great performances, some great goals, some great individual displays. I believed we would win something and go on to a good European performance.
I was exhilarated by J O'F, thrilled by Rennie and Greg and proud of the team on so many occasions.

I despaired over some of the most sterile, backward football I've ever seen. I was shamed by some of the defeats, angry at the lack of heart of a few players, annoyed at the ineptitude of a player who is past it.

I was baffled and demoralised by some of the decisions and indecisions of our manager. I was incensed by a lot of the comments attributed to him by a small-time toadying little hack.

I am depressed that the scum finished above us because of 3
1 - 0 defeats in our last 3 games, and the fact that a club (UCD) with no ambition or support and whose only aim every year is to avoid relegation is still in the premier division.

I am hopeful that LM will continue to do an excellent job with younger players, our chairman seems intent on going the right way and doing the right things for the club, that Rico will get a few new players in who will make that crucial difference.

It's a wierd feeling to lose the home record, a european place and a manager on the last day of the season. It leaves a feeling of regret, disappointment and unfulfilled expectation.

Still, it gives me hope for next season and the belief that the captain of CCFC will be holding a silver trophy when the whistle is blown on our next season.

pete
27/01/2003, 4:28 PM
Season possibly better than expected but as said before that was down to the unknown factor of the new signings.

Would have expected us to maybe snatch a toto cup place at the start of the season but when the unknown factor of John O'Flynn appeared would have to be very disappointed.

Still we have a fairly decent squad in terms that are not too many to actually remove from the squad.

Aside from O'Flynn the biggest surprise has been Greg who dispite playing centre midfield, right midfield, right back, left back & yesterday centre back really impressed by giving 100% every game.

The 4-1 defeats to Rovers & Pats are as bad i'd seen since Shels whipped us in tolka 4-0 a couple of year ago. :(

Colm
28/01/2003, 2:54 PM
Originally posted by Conor74
And, most surprisingly of all, beneath Greg's uncompromising demeanour is the voice of a linnet... I know but I wanted 'one more tune'!:D